Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Legion Dungeon Hero - Mythic Only!

I just saw this on the front page, and I must say, Blizzard is really going above expectations with Legion! I am so happy for this change!

Hats off to Blizzard for this! Really exciting news to make the game great again. I can only expect that because of this change, the dungeon hero achievement mount (if they have one from this achievement still) will only be obtainable if a player completes them in Mythic or Mythic+ difficulty!

Great change imho.

What do you think about this change?

Deleted
    They said that the difference would not be great, so, meh?

It's not the difficulty that's the problem, it's the fact that you have to manually form a group for that specific purpose of doing the achievement, instead of just queing up for a random daily dungeon where you could get the easy achievements as a bonus on the side. The achievements have never been overwhelmingly hard, this is just a change of inconvenience.

Bad change.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    It's not the difficulty that's the problem, it's the fact that you have to manually form a group for that specific purpose of doing the achievement, instead of just queing up for a random daily dungeon where you could get the easy achievements as a bonus on the side. The achievements have never been overwhelmingly hard, this is just a change of inconvenience.

Bad change.
    This was already the case anyway. I've never seen random groups from LFG try and initiate to complete achievements such as Headed South.

I, for one, don't mind this change. Heroics in legion are stupidly easy, which takes away the fun of doing these specific achievements.

10+ Year Old Account

Bad change.
    A good change, and a step in the right direction I say. Any move away from world of queuecraft is a change in the right direction, and that's the majority of the player base speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    This was already the case anyway. I've never seen random groups from LFG try and initiate to complete achievements such as Headed South.

I, for one, don't mind this change. Heroics in legion are stupidly easy, which takes away the fun of doing these specific achievements.
    I don't mind the raised difficulty of Mythic dungeons in itself, I just wish I could queue up for Mythic dungeons on Dungeon Finder. If it's gonna be so bad, people would manually recruit players anyway, but having an option should not be a great sin.

@Jaylock

Just no, it is not the majority

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the raised difficulty of Mythic dungeons in itself, I just wish I could queue up for Mythic dungeons on Dungeon Finder. If it's gonna be so bad, people would manually recruit players anyway, but having an option should not be a great sin.

@Jaylock

Just no, it is not the majority
    The group finder tool is just calling your name bro

I never cared about these achievements, i dont even have the wotlk and cata ones which im sure at this point you can just solo. As the poster above says, it just creates an inconveniece, nothing else, nothing more. Now you have to go through the hassle of creating a group to get the achievement.

I don't know how exactly making something more time consuming can be seen as good, but to each their own.

Deleted
    Whatever encourages (forces) people into grouping up and talking to each other is a good change in my book.

To hell with solo player/queuing bullshit.

They said if you can do heroic, then you can do those 2 dungeons.
    So why are they mythic only then?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Mythic should be added to group finder however the challenge stone should remain manual. Simply for Quality of Life I do not want to screen applicants for a simple dungeon run. Those of you that like that go for it me I have other things I would rather do.

i think this doesnt change much, also i dont think this is a too good change. i liked doing some achievements random. it is very uncommon but rarely i get the hero in random groups done.
    also mythic dungeons will propably be much easier (later) then they are today as they are starter dungeons and with additional raid tiers difficulty will decrease. thats the time to do those achievements, just as today doing them months later.

I think Mythic should be added to group finder however the challenge stone should remain manual. Simply for Quality of Life I do not want to screen applicants for a simple dungeon run. Those of you that like that go for it me I have other things I would rather do.
    i also dont have that much time anymore. i d like it to be done, have some fun and do something, not waiting around
    Last edited by Iskariott; 2016-06-22 at 04:44 AM. Reason: quote

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    They said if you can do heroic, then you can do those 2 dungeons.
    So why are they mythic only then?
    If I read correctly, due to the attunement and potential queue issues for those who specifically queue for those two dungeons or finding replacements having queue issues. Personally so what.

I can see those dungeons being unavailable for normal as those are typically for leveling dungeons and those two are endgame dungeons.

So there isnt a good reason for the mythic only.
    Got it

Good, stops people from trying to get random people who didn't sign up for to do it in LFG.
    If you are trying to get achievements you should be manually forming a group for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Havent done any mythic dungeons already anyway because theyre not on the queue. So you guys get a mount/title? big whoop. I only do things that I can either solo or queue for.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Havent done any mythic dungeons already anyway because theyre not on the queue. So you guys get a mount/title? big whoop. I only do things that I can either solo or queue for.
    Its such a stubborn mindset to have, refusing to do minor interactions with people is not hard or overly taxing. You don't need to be a leader to run a 5man either, you just need to get 5 people of the proper roles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    So there isnt a good reason for the mythic only.
    Got it
    because by the time you unlock the dungeons, you will be overgeared for heroic... thats why, why should they spend the time to balance/make heroic dificulty for it, when no one is going to do it, because by the time you unlock it, heroic will be undergeared
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because by the time you unlock the dungeons, you will be overgeared for heroic... thats why, why should they spend the time to balance/make heroic dificulty for it, when no one is going to do it, because by the time you unlock it, heroic will be undergeared
    So they are lazy.
    And want players to cock block others from the 2 dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Its such a stubborn mindset to have, refusing to do minor interactions with people is not hard or overly taxing. You don't need to be a leader to run a 5man either, you just need to get 5 people of the proper roles.
    Hey, do what you want and so will I.

As for me:

level to cap

max profs

get BiS available in lfr/lfd

park toon

switch to alt

repeat until next raid patch

I'm done with guilds/loot cliques/ putting up with raging kick-happy dbags, etc. Did that from Naxx10 through FL. LFR came out and I havent been back since. And the mythic only mounts and titles are most definitely NOT enough to entice me back, not even close.