Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Yea its really nice for PvE.

I have yet to test the change in pvp. But more cast time can't be good. The PW:S buff is nice and all but we need better defensives or escape utility. I want Mania reworked.
    I think it will just feed even more in to the exact same stereotype legion shadow has.....great for bgs/large scale, struggles against melee in arena. This will now lead to people holding kicks for void eruption so they can prevent void shield --> void bolt heals. It's a survivability nerf and a damage buff pvp wise. Shadow keeps getting better and better for RBGs/BGs and worse and worse against melee. If shadow can find a comp that can keep it alive, the rot cleave will be intense though. I just doubt we ever get away from the melee train though.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-06-22 at 04:56 AM.

Oh if it refreshes dots I might not mind the cast time for pve. Hmm. Definitely interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice sweet change for Shadow Priests. Was just leveling a priest and saw this ability in the books I was like whaaaaaa!? lol
    I think theres gonna have to be some extra changes with having to cast to get into VF.

- - - Updated - - -

It feels a million times better than having to press a "macro" 2wice. With the added perk of that extra oomph with the explosions.

If it was just a two second cast to get into Voidform, I'd be pissed. But two seconds for a 300% of SP nuke on every dot target, plus refreshing those dots, plays really damn nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I feel the same way.I wonder how this changes pvp for us tho

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    If it was just a two second cast to get into Voidform, I'd be pissed. But two seconds for a 300% of SP nuke on every dot target, plus refreshing those dots, plays really damn nice.
    I just tested this on the PTR and the void explosion only reset dots on my current target. Dots on my secondary target were unaffected. It may have been a void bolt immediately following the explosion that refreshed my primary target's dots, but if that's the case, the explosion did nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as a non pvper I'm really quite confused as to why they went through the trouble of implementing pvp talents and separate balancing for pvp and then barely use it in situations like this >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritx View Post
    Speaking as a non pvper I'm really quite confused as to why they went through the trouble of implementing pvp talents and separate balancing for pvp and then barely use it in situations like this >.>
    Agree. Earlier in alpha Voidform was passive and uncontrollable. The pvp talent Edge of Insanity provided control over voidform but has become irrelevant since the changes to voidform. No changes have been made to this or any other pvp talents in weeks now. Except Psyfiend, which was nerfed by 33% today.

Void Origins should make it instant.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll upload a video with all the Whisper sound files today after work.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akawhisp View Post
    I just tested this on the PTR and the void explosion only reset dots on my current target. Dots on my secondary target were unaffected. It may have been a void bolt immediately following the explosion that refreshed my primary target's dots, but if that's the case, the explosion did nothing.
    Void eruption doesn´t work on ptr currently, it does not do what the tool tip say at all. Right now both the animation and the fact it is refreshing dots on just the primary target and don´t do aoe is because it is just a 2 sec cast void bolt that activates void form, either it is a bug that does it or the ability isn´t fully implemented and it will come in the next build.

Sorry to say and I hope the final version refreshes dots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Agree. Earlier in alpha Voidform was passive and uncontrollable. The pvp talent Edge of Insanity provided control over voidform but has become irrelevant since the changes to voidform. No changes have been made to this or any other pvp talents in weeks now. Except Psyfiend, which was nerfed by 33% today.

Void Origins should make it instant.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll upload a video with all the Whisper sound files today after work.
    It is possible they knew they'd be updating the pve side of shadow for a while now and are waiting until it's set in stone to add in the pvp 'modifiers'. I hope so cause with all the changes coming to how gear works in pvp I might finally try my hand at it this expac. Last time I did any pvp (and had fun with it) was back in cata.

Mindbender is broken on the PTR as well. It no longer is giving insanity at all.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I'd be absolutely OK if it was tuned down to match other dps specs' cds, but allowed me to burst with everyone on a start of a fight (which is, by the way, the main reason why I want a dps cd so badly - to be able to burst with everyone at the start of a fight, during heroism, pot and trinkets).
    This. The slow ramp up has been a pain of the spec for so long. The cringe when you hear 'hero at pull'

re: Void Eruption

Pros:

1. It's a new spell late in the beta, means they are still trying new things, that's cool.

2. It seems targeted at our aoe complaints, meaning they listened.

3. Streamlines the voidform rotation/process in theory.

Cons:

1. It's not actually AoE. Anything that deals damage or works off only targets that already have dots on them, is not AoE. It just makes our multi-dotting more powerful. It still has a long ramp-up time, low target cap, and all the other disadvantages of multi-dotting.

2. IT'S NOT AOE. Sorry, I can't stress this point enough. This does not solve our AoE woes, not even close. I get that they want whatever "AoE" we have to interact with the rest of our spec, that's a fine design goal, but if they gate the damage behind dot application then... well, that's the problem. Good thought, bad implementation.

3. It is a serious nerf to our already-struggling mobility. We've gone from instant voidform activation to a 2 second cast. That's deal-breaker level awful design.

4. Seems to only work out of voidform, and only once per voidform phase. 300% damage seems really low for a spell that'll be used at most once every 45 seconds-ish, especially if it's not true aoe damage.

Overall I think it's bad, makes the spec sound less fun to play.

Thats like making bladestorm only hit shit with rend on it. Thats if bladestorm had a cast time.

Of course... When I am not at home they give us a new spell.. I hope the aoe dot refresh is intended if this spell has a cast time... Otherwise its just poop.

Homophobia is so gay.

I mean, at least they ARE buffing our multidot. That's fine, or fine-ish. If they are really that committed to making multidot our only option, at least buff the hell out of it.

I dunno, I can see why some people don't like the cast time, but I frankly think it makes the spec play really damn smooth. The instant button mash into Voidform always felt janky as hell to me; a two second cast, with a near Mind Blast on every target I have dotted, feels like a rewarding bit of breathing room.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't disagree. It feels oh so smooth in rotation.

For pvp I think the talent "last word" (which is pretty useless) should be replaced with something that makes void eruption instant

Please remember this is the first implementation of a completely new spell. I would've been surprised if it had been completely flawless straight away. There's no denying that this is a good start and it indicates that they're not just ignoring the feedback. If you're in the beta just give feedback on what you think should be changed (as some people have already done).

7+ Year Old Account
    Power Word: Shield should generate insanity.