Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You want to dump your FoF procs and then use Brain Freeze I guess.
    I was worried at first that it would be awkward that you don't want to use Flurry if you have FoF... but then I realised you won't get Brain Freeze if you aren't using Frostbolt so it's safe to just dump FoF first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it is possible to get an FoF proc during a brain freeze flurry if you have FO up and/or its cold outside trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmer View Post
    Hard-casting Flurry gives you the benefits of Winter's Chill on all targets until you cast a Flurry from a Brain Freeze proc.
    Can confirm this is a bug that happens exactly as stated.

And yeah you want to dump your FoF procs before using a flurry proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You want to dump your FoF procs and then use Brain Freeze I guess.
    I was worried at first that it would be awkward that you don't want to use Flurry if you have FoF... but then I realised you won't get Brain Freeze if you aren't using Frostbolt so it's safe to just dump FoF first.
    But you have trait that buff Ice Lance by 30% after Frostbolt crit and, ideally, you don't want to cast FoF Ice Lance until you have at least 1 stack of that buff. So it's becoming kinda counterproductive.

At the last test I was wondering why my DPS is so different from pull to pull. And then I realized that Artifact is fully upgraded and I wasn't tracking that buff from Frostbolt. Sometimes you get lucky streak and get to 5-7 stacks and dumping 4-5 (T18 give +2) FoF Ice Lances which leads to big DPS spike. And sometimes you not lucky. TBH this "Ice Lance" trait is the only thing I do not like about Frost right now.
    Last edited by Ifritlol; 2016-06-22 at 05:12 AM.

Deleted
    Is there video how Flurry looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by Thadeka View Post
    Is there video how Flurry looks like?
    It's really "meh". If you don't have Beta you not really missing much.

So it's ice lance?

Deleted
    It takes a weird Felo'melorny shape.

It's blue cinderstorm that actually tracks its target.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    So it's ice lance?
    Ice lance animation would possibly be an improvement

ah well, a /castsequence flurry, ice lance macro sure sounds like fun and engaging gameplay

Deleted
    Each of the three shards takes a random animation, sometimes it goes left, sometimes it goes right, I think they are 3 or 4 animations to choose from randomly. They can all go left sometimes. They can all go differently sometimes.

The Splitting Ice talent is having a weird interaction with Glacial Spike. When I cast Glacial Spike it does fire off a second Glacial Spike to a nearby target...but the damage is really strange. The non-primary target gets hit harder. It almost looks like it just divides Glacial Spike's damage between the two targets. But it's like 60% damage to the non-primary target and 40% to the primary target.

Is lonely winter viable yet? I know tuning isnt done but what's peoples take on the talent? I really don't like having a pet out and would love for it to be just an option

Here's a better version (click for high quality)

Looks nice. The window for Ice Lance afterwards is so small though, even a fraction of second delay and it would be too late.

Deleted
    The window of time is indeed to small because small hiccups due to Ice Lance's travel time or the size of the hitbox of the boss can cause the debuff to expire. Increasing the duration (or giving us a buff instead) would be appreciated.

Deleted
    I like having a single target proc again. It's also nice that Ice Lance can be shattered into a nova and do its full damage. Yet I find it a shame that both Winter's Chill and the 70% snare only last 1s. I was hoping we might be able to cast a Frostbolt with Flurry and benefit from Deep Shatter. Perhaps the duration could last longer but be consumed by the first direct damage spell.
    Last edited by mmoc4c7e91fbf6; 2016-06-22 at 12:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    the size of the hitbox of the boss can cause the debuff to expire
    How is that possible? Both spells will reach the hitbox at the exact same time regardless of size of hitbox. I assume here the travel time is identical.

The spell seems fine. I play on very high latency on the beta and it seems doable. If they increase the duration it will likely be hit twice by lance.

The rotation in terms of that appears to be obvious. Spend fingers of frost then use that thing to get an effective fingers of frost.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    How is that possible? Both spells will reach the hitbox at the exact same time regardless of size of hitbox. I assume here the travel time is identical.
    Because a large boss can be hit from further than 40y from its center, where spells impact. Now, Shatter is calculated on spell cast, so it's irrelevant in that fashion, but should they ever change it...

Also large boss hitboxes can make it so you miss your Ice Lance anyway, because your GCD will be up before the spell impacts, especially under haste.

Deleted
    I stil dont feel the same impact as with FFB