Woah, that's actually some good changes, finally. I am surprised, no, even shocked that Blizzard does something good to us.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I've been meaning to make a comment for awhile about them abandoning voidform changes (the activation was mostly seen as a safe starting point to be expanded upon e.g. a toggle that makes it automatically activate or have to be pressed) but it's nice to see they went back to it. I agree with Annesh, void eruption is not an AoE spell. If I were a dev I'd make it have a radius around 40 ft (is that too big? I'm thinking smaller than Halo but big enough to have an impact without being in melee range) and damage every enemy, and maybe apply a new eruption-specific DoT ( with a shorter duration than SW:P) that can't be refreshed by void bolt. I don't know how to feel about the cast time as I'm not able to do any testing.

With decreased insanity generation and increased depletion, does this make LotV more desirable? I'm still not sold on a 100 talent that only powers the a mount of Insanity required to pop voidform.

Now we only need mind flay to work like disintegrate in d3.

Deleted
    What is this?! Is Blizzard actually LISTENING TO SOME FEEDBACK?!
    Void Eruption is pretty sweet. Thank you Celestalon. *tips hat and continues testing*

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the cast time of void erruption is bad for pvp.. and it crashes right now on the ptr..

wow great abillity.. no last minute voidform quick instant cast into voidbolts.. another big pvp nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Aye, I feel the same way.I wonder how this changes pvp for us tho
    Another spell has to be casted with our already struggeling survivability you could probb bet that this aint great.

I'm hoping they forget about Mind Spikes and make a lvl 100 talent that simply decreases the insanity decay. Simplicity is everything.

Another thing on this matter: am I the only one that misses the insanity generation mastery used to have? I really, REALLY, would like to see something we could stack reducing insanity decay and what a better option than mastery? Its name is Madness but it increases DoT and VB damage. Having it decrease insanity decay fits so perfectly the fantasy they're aiming

Void Eruption felt really great on the PTR with various amounts of haste (19%~34%), although I was hoping for a mass refresh on DoTs.

Deleted
    The cast time of Void Eruption in General is a bit whack. Scales with haste though, so once entering Void Form #2+ it's a bit more chill.

Also, the DoT refresh seems a bit buggy. Sometimes, Void Eruption refreshes the dots of two of my targets, other times it only refreshes that of one. And OTHER times, it refreshes that of a mob I'm currently not targeting, OR whom I have targeted AFTER Void Eruption was cast upon another target.

My opinion is that Void Eruption should become Instant, Not Refreshing any DOT, Deal AOE Damage up to 25 Yards and Leaving a DOT that deals damage over a short amount of time or spread VT and SWP on other targets.

With that way it will be a perfect weapon for PVE and PVP.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    My opinion is that Void Eruption should become Instant, Not Refreshing any DOT, Deal AOE Damage up to 25 Yards and Leaving a DOT that deals damage over a short amount of time or spread VT and SWP on other targets.

With that way it will be a perfect weapon for PVE and PVP.
    or afther the void eruption dot ends it should spread VT, not Sw

I'm not on the beta. However, with a cast time to entering void form, won't that be an issue for getting interrupted in pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narline View Post
    The cast time of Void Eruption in General is a bit whack. Scales with haste though, so once entering Void Form #2+ it's a bit more chill.

Also, the DoT refresh seems a bit buggy. Sometimes, Void Eruption refreshes the dots of two of my targets, other times it only refreshes that of one. And OTHER times, it refreshes that of a mob I'm currently not targeting, OR whom I have targeted AFTER Void Eruption was cast upon another target.
    It consistently only refreshes on one target for me. It will always refresh on what I'm targeting at the end of the cast and nothing else.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post
    It consistently only refreshes on one target for me. It will always refresh on what I'm targeting at the end of the cast and nothing else.
    It refreshes because for whatever reason it also fires two Voidbolts.

In the end we'll probably get a spell that doesn't refresh DoTs, while still putting Void Bolt on CD for 2 GCDs - delaying your first refresh by 3 GCDs. Given that SW:P can already drop, this would make dotting probably even more annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    It refreshes because for whatever reason it also fires two Voidbolts.

In the end we'll probably get a spell that doesn't refresh DoTs, while still putting Void Bolt on CD for 2 GCDs - delaying your first refresh by 3 GCDs. Given that SW:P can already drop, this would make dotting probably even more annoying.
    Yeah there's some QoL iteration that needs to happen here. The cast time and refresh issues are the main targets imo.

As others pointed out, it seems to fire 2 voidbolts out at the main target for some reason, which I assume is not intended. I do however hope it is intended to either fire one or to at least not put void bolt on cooldown, so we can refresh on the main target as we did before, otherwise I can see us having to cast dots a lot more often, which means this is a single target nerf.

One nice thing, and I hope it is intended, it gives you full insanity when used, as that would have been another nerf over void bolt if it didn't.

So yeah hopefully they either keep it as firing one void bolt and giving full insanity, or they remove the void bolt cooldown after using it.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2016-06-22 at 02:14 PM.

So wait, does it refresh the dots now?

Should not have such an insane cast time.

Our T100 talents seem lackluster.

I wish surrender was slightly more powerful, even if it isn't the insanity generation but perhaps giving extra haste or crit.
    Legacy of the Void is a joke right?
    Mindspike is a cleave meme.

7+ Year Old Account
    Casting Void Eruption is basically a casted Void Bolt.

Before, you'd press the macro once to go VF then again to shoot off a VB, refreshing the dots on the target you used it on. Now you use Void Eruption where it shoots off a Void Bolt which refreshes the dots on the target you used it on. Same deal only now it has a cast time. It basically triggers a VB which should def trigger VB's cd.

Also, the explosion happens on cast and not when the VB lands which is a plus.

On another note, I'm not sure about those who claim it isn't aoe. It works just like enhancement's fire nova but with more burst. It's once per VF but hits everyone close to any target with your dots for a pretty hefty amount.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2016-06-22 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ausciswhitemale View Post
    Should not have such an insane cast time.

Our T100 talents seem lackluster.

I wish surrender was slightly more powerful, even if it isn't the insanity generation but perhaps giving extra haste or crit.
    Legacy of the Void is a joke right?
    Mindspike is a cleave meme.
    StM is one of the strongest CDs that this game ever had...
    But both LotV/MS (LUL) are pretty shit.
    Last edited by mmoc918bec3ce7; 2016-06-22 at 02:47 PM.

Can someone with beta access just ask for void eruption to be our AoE ability in voidform?

Shares a cooldown with void bolt, keeps the cast time, refreshes dots. Both abilities can be used to enter voidform once you have enough insanity.

Current iteration is the most clunky way to try and fix the problem.

i think those who think this ability isn't in a finished state are probably right lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    StM is one of the strongest CDs that this game ever had...
    But both LotV/MS (LUL) are pretty shit.
    Yeah adding power to surrender to madness is not a good idea lol.