Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    Beautiful game, finally a team not parking the bus, made the game spectacular. And showed how terrible we are defending (despite the 2 goals by hungary in second half were lucky rebounds off Portuguese players). Now we have to play agaimst the strongest team is this bracket, if we win, we might just make it to the final. Need to play much better than this to beat Croacia though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    Beautiful game, finally a team not parking the bus, made the game spectacular. And showed how terrible we are defending (despite the 2 goals by hungary in second half were lucky rebounds off Portuguese players). Now we have to play agaimst the strongest team is this bracket, if we win, we might just make it to the final. Need to play much better than this to beat Croacia though.
    Defense of Portugal was really bad today but on the other hand the attack was solid today; Quaresma dominated, and Ronaldo was finally excellent. Also I think Croatia is entirely beatable by Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    This is actually much better for Portugal, because you avoid the tough side of the schedule. After England you'd run into all the favorites.
    Yeah but Croatia looks much stronger than England right now and there's no quarter-finals without going through the RO16 first.

Lol, the spam. Who should i cheer now in the England vs Iceland game? Hard to decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Yeah but Croatia looks much stronger than England right now and there's no quarter-finals without going through the RO16 first.
    I agree with that but you have to win them all, and just beating England to get to the last 16 can't be the goal of the Portuguese team, and with that in mind I think Portugal actually got the better deal out of today's game. And I am certain that Portugal stands a good chance of beating Croatia.

Maybe I missed it, but how did they decide which group winners would play a 3rd place team compared to a second place team? It just seems funny that Wales win a group, get N.I. Italy win a group, get Spain. England finish second in a group, get Iceland! And then for some reason Switzerland vs Poland is two second place teams.

Deleted
    2 : 1

Iceland - Halldórsson, Saevarsson, Arnason, Sigurdsson, Skúlason, Berg Gudmundsson (Ingason 86'), Gunnarsson, Sigurdsson, Bjarnason, Sigthorsson (Traustason 80'), Bödvarsson (Bjarnason 71')
    Austria - Almer, Klein, Prödl (Schöpf 45'), Dragovic, Hinteregger, Fuchs, Sabitzer (Jantscher 78'), Baumgartlinger, Ilsanker (Janko 45'), Arnautovic, Alaba

Iceland - Bödvarsson 18'

Austria Missed Penalty - Dragovic 37'

Austria - Schöpf 60'

Iceland - Traustason 90+4

3 : 3

Hungary - Kiraly, Lang, Juhász, Guzmics, Korhut, Gera (Bese 45'), Pintér, Lovrencsics (Stieber 83'), Elek, Dzsudzsák, Szalai (Németh 71')
    Portugal - Rui Patrício, Vieirinha, Pepe, Carvalho, Eliseu, João Mário, Carvalho, João Moutinho (Renato Sanches 45'), André Gomes (Quaresma 61'), Ronaldo, Nani (Danilo 81')

Hungary - Gera 19'

Portugal - Nani 42'

Hungary - Dzsudzsák 47'

Portugal - Ronaldo 50'

Hungary - Dzsudzsák 55'

Portugal - Ronaldo 62'

Deleted
    Defense of Portugal was really bad today but on the other hand the attack was solid today; Quaresma dominated, and Ronaldo was finally excellent. Also I think Croatia is entirely beatable by Portugal.
    Its harder than England. Hopefully Modric doesnt recover in time and, on the other hand, Raphael Guerreiro does, Eliseu was terrible today, otherwise, we'll suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kerry katona we are coming for you

I agree with that but you have to win them all, and just beating England to get to the last 16 can't be the goal of the Portuguese team, and with that in mind I think Portugal actually got the better deal out of today's game. And I am certain that Portugal stands a good chance of beating Croatia.
    One side is England and then France. On the other is Croatia then probably Poland. Both seem difficult imo. Semi-finals against Wales seems better than Spain or Germany tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its harder than England. Hopefully Modric doesnt recover in time and, on the other hand, Raphael Guerreiro does, Eliseu was terrible today, otherwise, we'll suffer.
    It is definitely a tougher match. Croatia has made the best impression so far this tournament, and if Modric is fit they have by far the best midfield of the tournament but if you look at the total picture I'd say Portugal definitely got the best deal out of today's results that of course means you have to beat Croatia or it is all meaningless in the end. Due to all the crazy results, and weird schedule, we are getting some insane matches next round. May the best teams win!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but how did they decide which group winners would play a 3rd place team compared to a second place team? It just seems funny that Wales win a group, get N.I. Italy win a group, get Spain. England finish second in a group, get Iceland! And then for some reason Switzerland vs Poland is two second place teams.
    1st placed teams in groups A to D play the 4 best 3rd placed teams. 1st group E plays 2nd group D, 1st group F plays 2nd group E. 2nd from group A against 2nd group C, and 2nd F against 2nd B.

Not hard to comprehend why those match ups happened. It all comes down to the draw and which teams should have won the group and didnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    One side is England and then France. On the other is Croatia then probably Poland. Both seem difficult imo. Semi-finals against Wales seems better than Spain or Germany tho.
    Poland isn't that good to be honest. A solid team with two dangerous attackers, one is Milik I know from Ajax and he is good but he is definitely not world class yet. I rate France higher than Poland. Dangerous outsider that is true though. Overall you get it a bit easier now than if you'd have to go through England, France, and then Spain/Germany in my opinion. Then again I am Dutch, we probably have different nemesis teams (like Portugal) than you do.

Deleted
    ronaldo always at the right place, at the right time, the man a goal scoring machine, people can laugh at his freekicks but you cant disrespect his worth ethic, always trying to make things happen and in the end he ends up with 2 goals with his top quality movement around the box.

people hating need to a fucking wake up call, armchair experts who know nothing about football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    ronaldo always at the right place, at the right time, the man a goal scoring machine, people can laugh at his freekicks but you cant disrespect his worth ethic, always trying to make things happen and in the end he ends up with 2 goals with his top quality movement around the box.
    Yeah. He's by far the best goal-getter in the game, undeniably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i don't see the Ronnie haters today. Weird.

He still sucks at free kicks though.

1st placed teams in groups A to D play the 4 best 3rd placed teams. 1st group E plays 2nd group D, 1st group F plays 2nd group E. 2nd from group A against 2nd group C, and 2nd F against 2nd B.

Not hard to comprehend why those match ups happened. It all comes down to the draw and which teams should have won the group and didnt.
    Apparently it's hard to comprehend my question.

If groups were based on a draw and not a seeding it seems ridiculous. Italy should have been seeded over an England/Wales group for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Iceland stand a pretty damn good chanse against GB. That's one game to look forward to.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Gonna play against Portugal, not liking it. They dont suit us at all.

Modric will play, he was fit for game vs Spain but he was rested as a precaution since we've already qualified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Only because Inzaghi retired.
    You got me there, though I never said "in the history of this game"!