Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Didn't the kid have meningitis or something? I really don't think that qualifies as "just the sniffles."
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Uh, that's how it works everywhere?

That's why it's important to educate people to know the importance of visiting an actual doctor if you are ill.
    I said in Canada cause I don't know about U.S.A, but yeah it's scary stuff... homeopathic is just a giant fraud, tho it's hard to educate people on it as general public as absolutly no knowledge of how drugs work and that most people don't even know that homeopathic drugs are basicly water and/or sugar with nothing else in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    I said in Canada cause I don't know about U.S.A, but yeah it's scary stuff... homeopathic is just a giant fraud, tho it's hard to educate people on it as general public as absolutly no knowledge of how drugs work and that most people don't even know that homeopathic drugs are basicly water and/or sugar with nothing else in it.
    I don't know specifically about homeopathy, but over here standards are very strict. If you claim to have xyz in your concoction, and someone brings it to the authorities for testing and finds out it's a false claim, next thing you know there's a full scale investigation and usually involves a hefty fine + prison term for the idiots involved in the scam.

Supplements have very strict regulation in Singapore, so to speak.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I know people like this. They have a very young child and it pains me to think that it's very possible this is what will happen to their kid, too.
    Just means you can do your part to make sure the kid doesn't meet the same fate. When the child gets ill and you talk to them, ask what the doctor has done. They'll make it apparent that they haven't consulted a professional pretty quick. Best thing you could do is call social services and tell them what's going on.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

So I can kill my kid and get away with 5 years? Nice.

IQ test should be a requirement for future parents.

Craving pancakes now, not gonna lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I don't know specifically about homeopathy, but over here standards are very strict. If you claim to have xyz in your concoction, and someone brings it to the authorities for testing and finds out it's a false claim, next thing you know there's a full scale investigation and usually involves a hefty fine + prison term for the idiots involved in the scam.

Supplements have very strict regulation in Singapore, so to speak.
    Yeah homeopathy is basicly based on the fact that there is nothing less in the pill.

Here is a good sumary on homeopathy by a pretty good guy James Randi https://youtu.be/uZK6mLY2Hfg

this is why you need mandatory vaccinations. and 5 year is a slap on the wrist. It should be life in prison for sure and make sure both of them are unable to reproduce in the future with forced sterilization since we dont need them to put more babies into the world when they have zero clue on how the real world works

should be easy to explain to the remaining children.

remember that little brother of yours? we killed him, now we are going to prison to pay for our crimes.

sounds pretty fucking easy to me. will they understand? not now but someday they will realize what these parents did.

“It’s a hard thing to try to communicate that to a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old, as to why mommy and daddy won’t be around anymore,” “It’s a hard thing to try to communicate that to a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old, as to why mommy and daddy won’t be around anymore,”

Is it, though? "Your mother and I are going to go away for a while because we killed your brother by not taking him to a real doctor."

There. Not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    and 5 year is a slap on the wrist. It should be life in prison for sure and make sure both of them are unable to reproduce in the future with forced sterilization since we dont need them to put more babies into the world when they have zero clue on how the real world works
    I'd certainly agree they should have their remaining children taken from their custody and preferably forced to not be capable of having any more. After that the jail time would just be superfluous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

what amazes me more than their stupidity is how these people can work and live in our societies?

i mean the man has a job obviously ( wow too sexist ), they have 2 other kids and they are living. I mean, if I had to share my office with one of them I would feel really disturbed. Their beliefs, actions. Disturbing really. What kind of brainwashing process they got into in their early days that they try so hard without doctors and when the shit happens they blame others. really I wonder, what is the doctrine, teachings, cult? or whatever. I have read so many cases of this. It all ends same, we did everything then the medical staff fucked up. Yeah right...fucking morons.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    should be easy to explain to the remaining children.

remember that little brother of yours? we killed him, now we are going to prison to pay for our crimes.

sounds pretty fucking easy to me. will they understand? not now but someday they will realize what these parents did.
    Wow, I actually agree with oxymoronic about something. Well said, good sir or madam.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Wow, I actually agree with oxymoronic about something. Well said, good sir or madam.
    I can't imagine this being a thread of much disagreement, which is something to be said in general, since the internet loves to debate/argue. There might be a few points here and there, but mostly agreements that this is a completely awful situation.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    what amazes me more than their stupidity is how these people can work and live in our societies?

i mean the man has a job obviously ( wow too sexist ), they have 2 other kids and they are living.
    They work for a shady supplement company that was founded by David Stephan's father, Anthony. Peddling this type of bullshit is what they do for a living.

Back in 2012, a schizophrenic man who went off his meds, instead electing to take TrueHope EMPowerplus (i.e. a placebo) for his serious mental health condition, beat his father to death with a wrench and attempted to do the same to his mother. Anthony Stephan defended his product in a public statement.

The supplement was specifically marketed to patients with mental illness, including an anecdotal account of how it saved David's brother Joseph from bipolar disorder after he quit taking his prescribed lithium therapy. TrueHope continues to market EMPowerplus as an "effective" treatment for various mental and neurological conditions, including autism, having fought at least one court battle thus far to continue to do so.

I've been following this case for several months now. Orac has blogged about this tragedy multiple times.

@Kaeth ahh they are the cancer itself. mother of god really.

Some people really want to go back to 19th century when people were mass dying from small pox, tuberculosis etc. vaccinable diseases?

You can say vaccines for non deadly diseases should be optional (because maybe there is a thing like too much vaccination), but the deadly ones that have long documented history of taking a high toll... it stops being a question of belief, stopping disease from spreading is something you need to do as a whole community not personal opt in, because guess what, they're contagious and you need to limit the amount of targets it can jump to to curb the influence it has on a society as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm a fan of forced vaccination, but I do think people like these should be charged with negligent homicide. Along with other restrictions who are (by choice) unvaccinated (e.g., no public school, no government subsidized daycare, etc).
    I am a fan of forced vaccination. Vaccination is only truly effective at high participation rates, something like 90+%. There are many who can't be vaccinated for various medical reasons, and in order for us to have herd immunity, everyone who can be vaccinated, should be vaccinated.

Pseudoscience kills. Just look at the article you posted. Anti-vax is nothing more than pseudo-science. If anti-vax only killed those who decided to be anti-vax, then I'd agree that forced vaccination is too much. But anti-vax kills children, the elderly, the sick and the immuno-compromised, more than the fucking morons who ignore facts because some playboy bombshell "cured her autistic childs autism with orange juice."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, homeopaths in the places that regulate and accept them that is, have a code. And the code is exceedingly strict when it comes to kids; do not attemp to treat accute illnesses on minors, send them to a pediatrician immediately.
    "Take this shit, but if you actually get sick, go to a real doctor and get real medicine."

LOL
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Due to the Hippocratic Oath, parents should not be the ones who get to make these decisions for their children. The child's doctor should be the person that decides. Parents should also be required by law to have a credible doctor for their children.

I can't even...

1, These people need to be chemically neutered. Don't let them breed again.
    2, They should be forever imprisoned for the crimes of Criminal Stupidity Against Humanity.