Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al3sinth View Post
    I see your two comedians talking about the BoR and raise you one comedian talking about the idiocies of gun nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I see your two comedians talking about the BoR and raise you one comedian talking about the idiocies of gun nuts.
    I love Aussies talking about gun control in America. Like there isn't the difference in a giant Island with a vast majority of its population clumped together and North America. Which is directly attached to a rather large group of countries that are already known for smuggling things into the country.

even if you stopped the legal sale of guns in America, there would still be a thriving market for guns , similar to the way drugs are now.

There is nothing the government can regulate with guns that would have stopped what happened in Orlando. There really isn't anything they can do to stop what happened in Orlando.

But i guess this meant for the gun control thread.

More politicians acting like little spoiled shits for not getting their way. Both sides of the line are guilty of it. I have to imagine that they knew this would lead to nothing, but did it for posturing or so they could point to it down the line as a show to their constituency their stance.
    Last edited by Kapadons; 2016-06-23 at 05:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will not get what they want, they are just doing it for points.

What a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might get a vote, but it won't result in anything. At least it's good to put the Republicans on record as supporting terrorists access to guns though.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Probably not. Gun ownership has a lot of strong support in the US. Also we already have pretty strict gun laws. The problem is criminality, not firearms per se.
    Yup, and even there - homicide in the US is at a 50 year LOW, even as firearms ownership has gone up around 140%. Sucks when the actual facts don't fit their narrative...

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htius.pdf

https://mises.org/blog/fbi-us-homicide-rate-51-year-low

I highly doubt it, but it will help fire up their base and push a lot more money their way. So in the end they'll win, just no one else will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0
    Jim Jefferies is an unfunny idiot. He thinks he's making good points using examples like safes with a fucking dial instead of an easy to use key pad that is small enough to fit in a tiny drawer in a night stand. He says stupid shit like people shooting up places with fully-automatic rifles... When the majority is done by handguns. He doesn't know what he's talking about because he's an outsider, a comedian, and he hates guns. He's biased on the subject and shouldn't be listened to.

There would be more bloodshed than all the mass shootings in the last 10 years and the next 100 combined if the government tried to take guns away now. And after they took guns away they'd still have mass shootings. You think they can get them all and keep them out of the country?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's not going to work.

You're going to deny the function of the Government in the face of the Party that doesn't want the Government to function.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

You guys in Europe must be shaking your heads. American conservatives are okay with allowing suspected terrorists who are not even allowed to fly to freely buy semi automatic rifles no questions asked. You can't make this stuff up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smauldy View Post
    You guys in Europe must be shaking your heads. American conservatives are okay with allowing suspected terrorists who are not even allowed to fly to freely buy semi automatic rifles no questions asked. You can't make this stuff up.
    There is no visible process to getting on the No-Fly List.
    There is also no process to get off of it. You get put on a mystery list, and there is no recourse.

It's the equivalent of getting put on a mystery list you can't be told you're on, then losing your right to vote because of it.

I assume that makes sense to you? I can use smaller words.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is! Think about it: the senate will be idle, the government essentially non-functional; as a result, the economy will quickly crumble, and people won't be able to afford guns any more!

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dekiion View Post
    Yup, and even there - homicide in the US is at a 50 year LOW, even as firearms ownership has gone up around 140%. Sucks when the actual facts don't fit their narrative.
    And your "50 year low" remains roughly quadruple that of the rest of the developed world.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I remember a sit in in high school....its something kids do to feel important.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Jim Jefferies is an unfunny idiot. He thinks he's making good points using examples like safes with a fucking dial instead of an easy to use key pad that is small enough to fit in a tiny drawer in a night stand. He says stupid shit like people shooting up places with fully-automatic rifles... When the majority is done by handguns. He doesn't know what he's talking about because he's an outsider, a comedian, and he hates guns. He's biased on the subject and shouldn't be listened to.

There would be more bloodshed than all the mass shootings in the last 10 years and the next 100 combined if the government tried to take guns away now. And after they took guns away they'd still have mass shootings. You think they can get them all and keep them out of the country?
    Wow, his jokes were too intelligent for you lol. The point of the safe joke wasn't that it takes a long time to open the safe. It was that the safe is in one place, so unless you're in that place, that gun isn't doing shit for you. You just seem mad that you fit exactly what he said.

Also: No, there would not be more bloodshed. Here's the thing about 99% of registered gun owners. They talk a lot of shit with their guns and act like badasses, they aren't going to open fire on military personnel charged with confiscating weapons. Not that this is going to happen, nor is it what anyone is saying. But you and your gun nuts act big because you have the superior firepower to unarmed people. When someone shows up with 20 properly trained people, you'll pee your pants too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I love Aussies talking about gun control in America. Like there isn't the difference in a giant Island with a vast majority of its population clumped together and North America. Which is directly attached to a rather large group of countries that are already known for smuggling things into the country.

even if you stopped the legal sale of guns in America, there would still be a thriving market for guns , similar to the way drugs are now.

There is nothing the government can regulate with guns that would have stopped what happened in Orlando. There really isn't anything they can do to stop what happened in Orlando.

But i guess this meant for the gun control thread.

More politicians acting like little spoiled shits for not getting their way. Both sides of the line are guilty of it. I have to imagine that they knew this would lead to nothing, but did it for posturing or so they could point to it down the line as a show to their constituency their stance.
    This isn't even about getting their own way. Republicans literally refuse to even TALK about this. If it went to a vote, they can vote against it if they wish. They are refusing that, because they know they are on the wrong side of this issue because "Muh guns! Just ban the brown people!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    There is no visible process to getting on the No-Fly List.
    There is also no process to get off of it. You get put on a mystery list, and there is no recourse.

It's the equivalent of getting put on a mystery list you can't be told you're on, then losing your right to vote because of it.

I assume that makes sense to you? I can use smaller words.
    People are put on the no fly list for a REASON that doesn't involve being a normal, good person. Does that make any sense to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    People are put on the no fly list for a REASON that doesn't involve being a normal, good person. Does that make any sense to you?
    Not really. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5617599.html

There is no due process to be put on a list.

Also: No, there would not be more bloodshed. Here's the thing about 99% of registered gun owners. They talk a lot of shit with their guns and act like badasses, they aren't going to open fire on military personnel charged with confiscating weapons. Not that this is going to happen, nor is it what anyone is saying. But you and your gun nuts act big because you have the superior firepower to unarmed people. When someone shows up with 20 properly trained people, you'll pee your pants too.
    This is what really gets on my nerves. For all their belly aching, gun owners don't actually seem to take the 2nd Amendment very seriously. If you really believe that it's there so that you can defend yourself against a tyrannical government, then it should be a solemn responsibility that you take on with the proper attitude and never make light of. Instead you have all these idiots running around treating their expensive rifles like children's toys that need to be pimped out and accessorized, making casual threats to shoot people they don't like, and generally making gun ownership out to be little more than a dick waving contest. Guns in the hands of responsible concerned citizens is not much of a problem, but guns in the hands of idiots who don't know any better is.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    This is what really gets on my nerves. For all their belly aching, gun owners don't actually seem to take the 2nd Amendment very seriously. If you really believe that it's there so that you can defend yourself against a tyrannical government, then it should be a solemn responsibility that you take on with the proper attitude and never make light of. Instead you have all these idiots running around treating their expensive rifles like children's toys that need to be pimped out and accessorized, making casual threats to shoot people they don't like, and generally making gun ownership out to be little more than a dick waving contest. Guns in the hands of responsible concerned citizens is not much of a problem, but guns in the hands of idiots who don't know any better is.
    Those idiots make up may be .5% of gun owners.

The vast majority, myself included, treat firearms with respect and are sane rational human beings.