Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You are using inflated numbers on purpose to make the UK's share look bigger.
    The only ones pretending the rabate is part of the actual budget the EU gets to manage are those from the UK, because everyone knows that isn't true.
    There are no circumstances under which the EU would ever get to spend that money; counting it as part of the budget is yet another way the UK tries to get the better of the other members.
    Regardless of weather or not the EU gets to spend the money it is accounted for in the 160bn figure. If you prefer to use the 148bn figure then thats not an issue,but as Slant used the 160bn figure I also used the full UK figure.

Your need to hate on the UK seems to blind you to the fact that I used figures that corresponded directly to the ones used to argue against my point. (as I actually used the after refunds figure in my original point).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Middle east has been a shitshow since ww2.
    To be fair it was a shitshow in WW2 as well. The fighting in Syria (which belonged to France) even involved allied troops fighting French troops (Syria had sided with Germany as they ruled France).

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Since the UK organised Iran's coup yes. Lol.
    I was thinking more around the collapse of the ottoman empire which lead to many different countries. The Iranian coup was a U.s thing the Uk did back up but that still doesn't explain the crap the other countries have been doing.

The decline and the eventual defeat of the Ottoman Empire is more revelent then ever. Pinning the middle east on the UK alone, would be a terrible joke. Hell pinning it on the USA would be another massive joke. But those are kind the narrative people use often. I guess they dont teach proper pre WW1 in public school anymore. The war to end all war didnt really end anything, it started different things.

Deleted
    Since the UK organised Iran's coup yes. Lol.
    Islamic countries were so advanced and peaceful before the ignorant violent west destroyed everything.
    It's not like they invaded Europe for centuries and also killed each other for centuries.

Muslim countries are bad at pretty much everything from science to economy to education. But they are the best at blaming others. I have never hear a Muslim put blame on themselves or their ideology ever.

Do you know how many European countries got fucked over in the last 500 years? Do you see them making excuses?

Deleted
    As divisive as this issue might be can we all agree that any election or referendum is a good thing because it brings back #dogsatpollingstations for a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's not a really good deal. Especially not when you practically hated on Mesut for the entire first year. Poor lad.
    Who hated Mesut? The press and commentators gave him a hard time, as did some fans who have never been to see the team play, but actual Arsenal fans had a chant for him within a couple of games.

He is on his second chant now, only select players like Thierry Henry get two chants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I was thinking more around the collapse of the ottoman empire which lead to many different countries. The Iranian coup was a U.s thing the Uk did back up but that still doesn't explain the crap the other countries have been doing.
    Lol no. The Iranian coup was mainly a UK thing since it was about Iran not wanting UK oil company to do as they wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Wtf? The EC already imposed a lot of rules onto every member state. It was just more formalised and required a lot of bureaucratic shit going on. The EU is really the same, with the same underlying concepts and ideas. The whole point of the EU from Maastricht onwards was to streamline the process and make the EU more flexible, more efficient. A plan that's now somehow in rhetorics reversed into a perverted argument of "being a dictatorship".
    Do you accept that the EUs goal is a one state solution for Europe or is that fear mongering to you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Islamic countries were so advanced and peaceful before the ignorant violent west destroyed everything.
    It's not like they invaded Europe for centuries and also killed each other for centuries.

Muslim countries are bad at pretty much everything from science to economy to education. But they are the best at blaming others. I have never hear a Muslim put blame on themselves or their ideology ever.

Do you know how many European countries got fucked over in the last 500 years? Do you see them making excuses?
    THEY INVADED EUROPE FOR CENTURIES.
    look, with all due respect but this thread isn't about your lack of knowledge on this off topic.

Deleted
    FINALLY it's fucking nearly over

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol no. The Iranian coup was mainly a UK thing
    Didn't know the CIA worked for us, and all this time I thought it was a western thing >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Iunno, maybe UK blaming all their woes on the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    look, with all due respect but this thread isn't about your lack of knowledge on this off topic.
    Erm.....that statement is correct so what are you talking about?

You realize how many battles were fought on the continent by muslims right?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That was one of his points.

Maybe you should read posts before hitting the reply button?

Yes, we all forgot the Moors and the Ottomans were not Muslim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Really? Last time a checked around 50% think they are better off outside a union. You call that a victim mentality?

And they even have a democratic vote for it......wow.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, tonight I was given the choice of Nandos or Pizza Hut, I went with Nandos but that does not mean I think Pizza Hut is the devil.

Just because people would like to not be in the EU does not mean they think the EU is the root of all evil. Many Brexiteers simply think the UK is better served by leaving, some don't even think it will be better off financially but that the reward is worth the price (similar to a prostitute quitting that career and no longer having to bend over all the time).

You can complain about the UK disliking the EU all you want, the simple matter of fact is the EU is not what the UK signed up for, we wanted a trading partnership, not a proto-state forcing regulations on our civil laws that stands quite rightly as something the UK would have little say in and would have nothing but bad impacts on the UK.

We already have little say in the undemocratic process of the EU, and with talks of unified EU army and such, why should the UK sit around paying for things it does not want?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Okay, tonight I was given the choice of Nandos or Pizza Hut, I went with Nandos but that does not mean I think Pizza Hut is the devil.

Just because people would like to not be in the EU does not mean they think the EU is the root of all evil. Many Brexiteers simply think the UK is better served by leaving, some don't even think it will be better off financially but that the reward is worth the price (similar to a prostitute quitting that career and no longer having to bend over all the time).
    I think it's a shedding for so much more bureaucratic red tape we simply do not need as a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Tell that to Japan. Tell me how their deal right now will ever fix Greece economy? You cant because its impossible. Many countries in the past dug their own holes, making it impossible to produce growth never fixed any of them.
    Yea...japan has a actually working economy that wasn't based around fake growth. Greece experienced growth based on hiring useless government employees that did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    So you think the UK is wants to leave the EU because it's sad it gave independence to all the countries it owned, k. So what about France/Germany who lost their territories around the same time?
    Germany started 2 world wars to get back to old glories........

France killed a million Algerian to keep their empire intact........
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algerian_War#Death_toll

The Brexit campaign is using the argument that it used to be a superpower as a way to counter-argue the need for a EU to be a strong country.

So yes, this is partly a pathetic attempt to bring back old glories which will never happen. Unlike 200 years ago you can't fuel your economy with conquest, slave trades and opium wars so good luck becoming a super power again.