Looking to attempt Gold CM's before 7.0, what gear should I use?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fluhffy/simple ---Armory should be updated with possible CM setup (frost).

I'm hoping to avoid having to buy a run.

I have some misc trinkets that were good from an old guide, iirc, like cong genasaur blood and M goren soul. Should I go for the lower Ilvl gear, or should I just go for the highest stuff that I have?

Also, im assuming Frost is the better spec for CM's, yeah?

Ive been out of the game for the past~4 months, so im not sure if the old stuff is still valid (or where to find it).
    Last edited by Fluffyjesus; 2016-06-22 at 04:09 PM.

Good luck with your CMs but in my opinion you better post on official pve / lfg forums of battlenet .

Deleted
    Frost works best in CMs, use 630+ gear with Multistrike and crit or haste.... some people say crit is better, others say haste is better.... I did it with a mix of both. For sure there is a specific haste/crit level if you want to get realm firsts... but as long as you are just doing "casual" gold, MS + crit/haste will work just fine.
    As trinkets I would recomend the BRF ones. They are overbudget and a lot better than hc ini trinkets. I used the blackiron crucible (well that one blackhand drops) And the crafted alchemy trinket. It only got versatility, but a very high int proc, which works very well at bombing groups.

edit: Done those before HFC, so dunno about those trinkets. But I guess class trinket should be bad, the others might work well.
    Last edited by mmoc4bdec3ae25; 2016-06-23 at 07:55 AM.

For my 8/8, I ran HFC trinkets since i found the flat stat boosts to be less impactful than the burst damage from the procs (Sethe and PoF). Using comet storm into a PoF proc obliterates trash mobs and is decent burst on boss pulls. I ran with 2 hunters, a dk tank, and rdruid and 1 shot every gold once i swapped to the trinket setup. Pretty sure you could get those trinkets really easy in a normal PuG.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2Atronach View Post
    Frost works best in CMs, use 630+ gear with Multistrike and crit or haste.... some people say crit is better, others say haste is better.... I did it with a mix of both. For sure there is a specific haste/crit level if you want to get realm firsts... but as long as you are just doing "casual" gold, MS + crit/haste will work just fine.
    As trinkets I would recomend the BRF ones. They are overbudget and a lot better than hc ini trinkets. I used the blackiron crucible (well that one blackhand drops) And the crafted alchemy trinket. It only got versatility, but a very high int proc, which works very well at bombing groups.

edit: Done those before HFC, so dunno about those trinkets. But I guess class trinket should be bad, the others might work well.
    I prefer crit, just because haste doesn't give you much of a noticeable difference at 630 i lvl. Not that crit does, but what's .1 second faster really gonna do.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore