BREAKING: Sinn Fein says "British government has forfeited any mandate to represent economic or political interests of people in N Ireland"
    https://twitter.com/MarcMallett_UTV/...91490628485120

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it silly that a difference of 3.8% leads to such a global decision? Shouldn't there have been requirement of the vast majority of votes, like at least 70%? I mean, almost half the population wants to be a part of EU, and now suddenly - bam! - not anymore! Weird how this referendum worked...
    A good litmus test for judging the validity of your argument is to use the same logic from your opponent's point of view. Give it a try and see what you discover.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Most with any sense came to America anyways. Now we go back to Ireland as tourists and annoy the shit out of the locals by telling them how "Irish" we are. Great fun really.
    We should've secured our borders while we still had the chance....

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Well it depends on how the market reacts when they open .
    The average guy isn't going to care about the markets.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Joni85 View Post
    So what's going to happen with the value of the pound dropping 15% overnight?
    The forums are going to be flooded next month when WOW´s subscription jumps by 15% for the brits.

Really this is a good thing for the USA for trade. We will have to redo all of our trade deals with the UK, and we will have a much more powerful position, US companies will get better deals. The stronger dollar vs the pound will also help the US with those trade deals. While overall it will hurt the US ( our good are more expensive there, but that will be factored into the trade deals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wonder if the average Joe will notice anything different in the next month or so?
    They have said it will take years before the transition is complete so I highly doubt it.

Well it depends on how the market reacts when they open .
    They are going to have an....interesting...reaction when it opens

10+ Year Old Account
    But not a stable economy. I'm gladly waiting the time the London market opens.
    It will stabilize, but yeah it's gonna be some rough waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    They still are, we just hush it up now so that we can pretend everyones friendly over there.
    Well not openly through the media anyway. I remember all the IRA shit in the 90s. Hell, Hollywood was all over it with Blown Away, Patriot Games, that other movie with Harrison Ford as an Irish cop..

Deleted
    A good litmus test for judging the validity of your argument is to use the same logic from your opponent's point of view. Give it a try and see what you discover.
    If the rules are clearly set and understandable for everybody before the vote, I don't see, why the result should be put in doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    And ironically its economically disadvantaged areas that benefit from EU money.

Well, they did benefit from it. Past tense and all that.
    Same with the US, the states that benefit most from gov spending, are the ones that are anti fed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The average guy isn't going to care about the markets.
    They dont care cause they dont understand it, doesnt mean it wont influence them

Deleted
    A democratic decision that has both bankers and rabid leftists foaming at the mouth; interesting to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is, the UK was a part of EU. If referendum failed, then nothing would change. If referendum succeeded, then a global change redefining the country's position in the world would happen. My opinion is that such significant changes shouldn't be decided by a margin of a couple percent votes.

Now, if they were choosing between two global changes - that would be another story...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    When people say leftists are trying to destroy democracy, you are the person they're talking about.

Always nice to have Paranoia vindicated.

Britain gets a chance to make it's own call now
    Don't worry. The next day when you bring this up, someone will claim these people do not exist.

Deleted
    823 voted to Leave in Gibraltar, strange.

Well, i was going to go to bed, but guess i will now wait too see the UK market opening.

I wonder how big of an asshole the EU is going to be over this?

I suspect the pragmatic people will win out.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Well, i was going to go to bed, but guess i will now wait too see the UK market opening.
    Cheers, right now I'm already drunk.

Deleted
    Yeah the 13 million people who voted Remain so far "deserve it".
    They sneering self interested groups that have been crapping on the people for ages have got something of a comeuppance.
    Really they should have their noses rubbed in it. All the sadfaces and excuses on the BBC

A cynical person would say the out vote was the result of reverse psychology.
    You've had the working class kicked into the gutter.
    You've had various governments too happy to go above and beyond implementing any stupid law from the EU.
    All the idiots that shout racism and bigots at the drop of a hat against legitimate concerns.
    Moronic stunts like geldofs boat trip along the thams river.
    The insulting campaign against leave which aggravated the public.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only 500,000+ votes needed...

How fuck did we get here??!! What the fuck did just happen !!??