Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have made several friends (that have translated into real life friendships) through WoW. WoW has also been a good way for me to stay in touch with friends and family that I knew in real life first but don't get to see very often otherwise due to time, distance, and other physical limitations. It's great to be able to play with those people and "see" them regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    How many friends did you miss out on meeting because of WoW? How many real life relationships were stressed or deteriorated all together because of WoW? How many opportunities for personal growth did you miss out on because of WoW?
    None. Not everyone who plays WoW has some kind of severe addiction! There is a huge divide between the people who play casually, people who play seriously but within healthy perimeters, and the people who sacrifice critical life responsibilities for the game.

This game is fucking cancer and does nothing to help you as an individual, period. Don't even try to argue otherwise...playing video games is one of the most unproductive wastes of time in modern human existence.
    WoW indirectly led to my job (which I really like), some great friends, and a lot of really cool opportunities. I wouldn't say I'm a better (or worse) person for having played it, but I think it's been a generally positive influence on my life in the things that have resulted from it. I can't really think of any real negatives, aside from money lost, but I probably would have just spent that sub money on other games or hobbies anyway.

I may be an outlier in that sense, but I also strongly disagree on a general level that gaming in general is an unproductive waste of time, at least not anymore than any other personal hobby. In many ways, games are useful and have great potential to do good. I'm not the only one that feels that way.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Majority of friends I have met and made over the years via WoW have drifted apart; for one, we're all spread out across the US, and RL stuff has taken precedence for majority of us.

This game is fucking cancer and does nothing to help you as an individual, period. Don't even try to argue otherwise...playing video games is one of the most unproductive wastes of time in modern human existence.
    I feel your pain ... NOT

If you're that kind of person, it's not the game that's to blame.

How many friends did you miss out on meeting because of WoW? How many real life relationships were stressed or deteriorated all together because of WoW? How many opportunities for personal growth did you miss out on because of WoW?
    Not a single one was stressed out or lost. Yes, I didn't join a couple of activities with my friends over the years, simply because I wanted to stay at home for an evening. If I hadn't played WoW at that time I would have played another game, watched a movie or read a book. Doesn't really make a difference. Everyone does it once in a while.

This is wrong again. Really, I do not want to brag, but because of the relationships I formed during playing and because of the experiences I got as a raid leader I decided to become a project manager. I'm in my middle 20s and I am in a stable relationship for many years and earn good money. Not enough to be a millionaire in a few years, but well above average in my country. Some of the skills I learned while leading raids are still very relevant for me today. And even the skills I did not learn as a raid leader but as a simple player are useful today, particularly everything related to teamwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's a big fat zero...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I think almost all my best friends of nowadays were met playing this game.
    In fact i have met better people ingame than the ones i met IRL.
    We used to have meetups and i managed to meet one girl and date her, even though she just turned out to be a real royalty of a bitch in the end (*S).

Nowadays i lost the patience to meet new people and i have been a bit of a antisocial (only doing world PvP against other level 100's) but i think in Legion i will try to meet new people and start playing with a Guild with players of my country again.
    I have 2 or 3 friends that I've known since WOLK, I still talk to one of them almost weekly. Besides my current guildies, I still also have 10-15 people i talk to on an almost daily basis
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The 3 friends I made from WoW were actually friends I went to highschool with. WoW solidified our friendship throughout the years. We all would get home from school, hop on skype and play to the weee hours of the night. Summer vacations I do not think any of us slept lol
    We still did things IRL but we bonded the most on this game. We all have careers/lives now so we do not get on as much as we used too. But still have at least one night a week we all collaborate and play like the old days. These will be my friends for life.

Deleted
    I made a special friend in WoW who helps me when i am in need. I like her but i don't think we are destined to be together...since i fought with her brother in vicious fist/kick fights she is forbidden to see me irl.
    Still she helps me PLENTY!. I like her very much <3

None, i play wow to kill time not to make friends. Besides, im not interested in befriending any mouth breathing opinionated basement dwelling white knighting neck beards, which are imo most of the people that play WoW, either that or stupid teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    None, i play wow to kill time not to make friends. Besides, im not interested in befriending any mouth breathing opinionated basement dwelling white knighting neck beards, which are imo most of the people that play WoW, either that or stupid teenagers.
    Edge and teenage angst.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

None. I don't stay in touch with the guildmates I had back in Vanilla/TBC because they all left the game at the beginning of WotLK.

Nowadays WoW is just for killing time here and there. My social life is full enough as is with friends that I see in person on a regular basis for me to want to make friends online.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a handful of friends from WoW that I keep in contact with. I have 2 friends from WoW that I've met in RL and such.

playing video games is one of the most unproductive wastes of time in modern human existence.
    lol. It's a hell of a lot more productive than watching Television, which is something the average person apparently does a lot of. Actually just about anything that the average person does "for fun" is an unproductive waste of time. So pick your unproductive waste of time of choice and do that.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2016-06-24 at 05:37 AM.

Deleted
    Made a few Irl friends through wow and a couple of long time online buddies, but that's about it

50,000 of them. I got 233 of my whores(prostitutes) from this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No true friends,but that is because I like to keep gaming life separate from my real life.

I used to just keep things in the context of the game. I don't want to know about you..just your character. People want you on vent,people want to know where you're from etc. I'd have people call me my character's name.

Most don't want that or understand that now. Everyone is a social personality now. Everyone wants to be seen. We have to know everything about everyone. Yeah,I'm over generalizing,but it feels that way to me.

I've had some really cool in-game friends that I enjoyed playing with.

lol friends...

why need any of those when there are plenty that will do things for you just because they want to incur favor ...

If I count guild mates that I don't mind being around as friends then maybe 10 or so. It's tough to fully consider them friends, much less Best friends, because I've never met any of them. And I learned many years ago, people on-line are not always the same in person.

But I'm probably a fluke in all this, as I don't have any burning desire to have a wall full of friends, so I don't really spend much effort in keeping friends.

Zero. I don't build relationships with people I never actually see face to face. But I have lost so-called "friends" just because of WoW.

One. From etirely different continent. And that was back then when I played on private server.

Virtual friends aren't like real-life friends. I understand that sometimes virtual friendships might become more serious than just having fun in a game together, and good luck to whoever works that way, but I don't - my real-life friends are always above and beyond any virtual acquaintances.