Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So those 95% of British economists know less than you? How many decades have you been an economist? Have you even qualified yet?
    did you know in 2000 what it would look like today ????

NOBODY FUCKING KNOWS THAT

Deleted
    So those 95% of British economists know less than you? How many decades have you been an economist? Have you even qualified yet?
    It doesn't matter how long someone has been an economist. The compound error in any long-term forecast makes them inaccurate. It is very simple mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Look. It would be great if all voters were well informed political science masters. Unfortunately, they aren't and never were. The fact remains that the current populace is far more informed on matters than they were when we created this democracy thing.

If the populace still are stupid , that is the fault of the people getting the word out.

Perhaps if you spent more time explaining why staying is best, vs calling people stupid (or racist) they would be more informed.
    Samething with people voting Trump. Called "Stupid" or "Racist"

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    You're full of shit.

THe short-run costs are going to hurt, yes. But we don't know how the british economy is going to look 10 years from now. Any forecasts claiming they do are shit.
    Any new trade negotiations are going to take time. And the UK will be doing so on their own now. The EU is a huge market, half a billion people, 18 trillion+ in GDP. The UK is neither of those.

To pick one example. CETA, currently awaiting ratification, is a trade agreement between the EU and Canada. Took the better part of 8 years to negotiate before it was even signed. Bi-lateral trade agreements could take just as long if not longer and will have to re-establish agreements between the UK and the EU/US/Canada/China/Pan-Pacific/etc. This isn't going to be some "short term" problem.

And the grand irony is that most any deals with the EU are just going to put back into play all of the shit that people who voted to leave, didn't like.

So please...direct me where I am "full of shit." I expect better from you.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think if Brexit taught us anything it is that nationality, sovereignty and anti-immigration sentiments overcome obscure economics.
    When those obscure economics come knocking all the nationality, sovereignty and anti-immigration sentiments in the world aren't gonna do shit to keep people fed and happy
    Ily mmoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Brits just proved they vote as stupid as the Americans......

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    did you realy just quoted from a movie/book ? you realize caring more for something does not apply in this case im pretty sure both sides cared just about the same the dumb people just won thats about it
    Stay was supposed to win by about 5%. But the people who were polled were not as motivated, they did not care enough, and many of them didn´t bother to vote. Meanwhile the Leave people were passionate and actually went to vote.

Apathy, when you have an opinion, but are not motivated enough to actually vote.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You don't have to know a lot to know that economists can't reliably make predictions that far down the line. Not for an economy this large.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I wonder, though, how much of it is due to those who wanted to leave being ridiculed and castigated, as though they MUST be racist and they MUST be stupid, etc.? I know that here, that tends to backfire...badly.
    Thing is, you can't be making decisions based on name calling. Supporting a position simply because everybody who opposes it is a douchebag isn't a rational way to go about your life. It's like all the people in the US who are claiming they will vote for Trump just to piss off liberals and have no actual reason to support him.

If you don't like brown people just let them know.

Dont fuck your own country's economy and screw up future generations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me when it does. And explain how our credit is still AA despite having a strong economy that bounced back better than most of the world.
    Because our rating wasn't decreased because of the financial crisis, it was decreased because of lunatic right-wingers shutting down the government... The continued extension of Republican tax cuts, etc.

The S&P said those things combined to raise into question our ability to pay our debts in the future...

It has nothing to do with economic growth... It has to do with us, the borrower, being able to pay our debts... Nothing more at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    did you know in 2000 what it would look like today ????

NOBODY FUCKING KNOWS THAT
    You can make fairly accurate predictions, my job depends on them being able to do so and my job has been going for 20 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Good luck Britain. The west is mainly a democracy. You got what your majority wanted.
    15 million people out of a population of 65 million voted Brexit :P

The whole idea of deciding something like this from a referendum was retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Look. It would be great if all voters were well informed political science masters. Unfortunately, they aren't and never were. The fact remains that the current populace is far more informed on matters than they were when we created this democracy thing.

If the populace still are stupid , that is the fault of the people getting the word out.

Perhaps if you spent more time explaining why staying is best, vs calling people stupid (or racist) they would be more informed.
    You come across as racist because you people are always talking about race. You never shut up about it.

Next up: Trump wins Election, builds Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    When those obscure economics come knocking all the nationality, sovereignty and anti-immigration sentiments in the world aren't gonna do shit to keep people fed and happy
    when they lose thousands of jobs because of this, i will laught at their sovereignty

You can make fairly accurate predictions, my job depends on them being able to do so and my job has been going for 20 years now.
    you work as a financial advisor?
    i could learn so many things from that
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    If you don't like brown people just let them know.

Dont fuck your own country's economy and screw up future generations.
    It's not about liking brown people. It's about not bringing people in who you have no idea who they are.

Deleted
    I willl laugh if Sterling reaches parity with the dollar/euro when the real money hits the market.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Because our rating wasn't decreased because of the financial crisis, it was decreased because of lunatic right-wingers shutting down the government... The continued extension of Republican tax cuts, etc.

The S&P said those things combined to raise into question our ability to pay our debts in the future...

It has nothing to do with economic growth... It has to do with us, the borrower, being able to pay our debts... Nothing more at all.
    And like I said. So long as you remain stable and pay back debts, S&P rating means fuck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazdren View Post
    Next up: Trump wins Election, builds Wall.
    Trump will win