View Poll Results: Will the UK break up in the near future?

Voters
230. This poll is closed
  • Yes

151 65.65%
  • No

79 34.35%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will the UK break up following EU referendum?

Following the Brexit that is now a reality, I want to ask my fellow forumers about their predictions on the future of the UK. People of both Northern Ireland and Scotland have been forced to leave the European Union, and it is expected that in the foreseeable future they will both hold independence referendums.

I am very much for breaking up this dysfunctional union that is the UK, and I am confident that my fellow Europeans too wish to see the Scottish and Northern Irish people be part of our path toward unity and prosperity. I am also confident that independence referendums will take place, and the UK will cease to be as it is. In the end, England will take a loss much greater than any other entity involved beginning in their EU referendum and ending in the independence referendum of the last country to leave their union in the near future.

Deleted
    No, all the countries should be consolidated into one instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    it should break up, im kinda shocked brexit was the result of the vote, guess i gave the british too much credit lol
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    it should break up, im kinda shocked brexit was the result of the vote, guess i gave the british too much credit lol
    It definitely should break up. And this was not the British people deciding, it was the English predominantly. Don't forget the N. Irish and Scottish people have both voted to remain, and the Scottish results were 62% in favour of Remain. Seriously, I am perplexed by the fact that the Celtic peoples haven't opened up their eyes to the reality of English enslavement and colonialism, and think that somehow, being in such a disastrous union as the UK actually helps protect and advance their national interests. I have deep respect for the Celts and hope they (hopefully even Wales) leave England's grip once and for all.

This was a decision made by England for the Scottish and Irish people. They should do everything they can to give up on everything English, even the language which they seem to gladly speak for whatever monstrously stupid reason imaginable.

Yes.
    Scotland only voted to stay part of the UK because of EU membership.
    People living in Northern Ireland will no longer be able to pass into the Republic of Ireland freely.

Scotland will vote for independence to and join the EU.
    Northern Ireland will reunify with Republic of Ireland.

Northern Ireland leaves, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland becomes just Great Britain.
    Scotland leaves, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland becomes something like "The United Kingdom of England, Wales and Ireland"
    Northern Ireland and Scotland leaves, the UK becomes England.

Deleted
    We need an "EU 2.0", because the current ship is sinking really quickly. Nationalists on both ends take over our countries. They're blaming refugees, immigrants, muslims, gays and whatever for the failure of our EU-wide economical and political elite. It's also a vote against globalization and turbo capitalism, which is - to a certrain degree - understandable.

I was against the Brexit, but I do believe that we have to reconsider our core values and that not the EU was the big problem here, but the Euro as a currency.

The leftist fear mongering is real

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samus View Post
    Yes.
    the UK becomes England.
    Amen. I've lost respect for the English people. Their servitude for America didn't make me like them a lot, but this has taken them to a whole other level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    The leftist fear mongering is real
    Your stupid rhetoric is a good way to dismiss the reality, isn't it? The exact same was said about the Leave campaign, and here we are - it is realized. You think the Scots are happy about these results? Rofl. Just rofl.

Well, Scotland just lost their main reason for staying in the UK so I wouldn't be surprised to at the very least see them vote on independence again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Well, Scotland just lost their main reason for staying in the UK so I wouldn't be surprised to at the very least see them vote on independence again.
    They also voted for staying in the EU in majority. I guess, another exit referendum will follow soon, same for Northern Ireland.

Stupid, angry people are best in demolishing things, that's for sure. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Your stupid rhetoric is a good way to dismiss the reality, isn't it? The exact same was said about the Leave campaign, and here we are - it is realized. You think the Scots are happy about these results? Rofl. Just rofl.
    I just can't take you fools seriously when you don't get your way and start shouting about how the sky is falling and throwing a temper tantrum it's all over the forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    We need an "EU 2.0", because the current ship is sinking really quickly. Nationalists on both ends take over our countries. They're blaming refugees, immigrants, muslims, gays and whatever for the failure of our EU-wide economical and political elite. It's also a vote against globalization and turbo capitalism, which is - to a certrain degree - understandable.

I was against the Brexit, but I do believe that we have to reconsider our core values and that not the EU was the big problem here, but the Euro as a currency.
    While I also think that the EU has to do something to improve the situation, voting leave is the dumbest thing to do, especially because the UK had an important vote right and so many exceptions to the rules for it's special snowflake status.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am shocked about this. I heard someone on TV last night say that 'well everyone can just go to bed' because there was no way brexit would happen. I really, really believed in a bremain(?!), I'm totally and utterly completely shocked.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will break apart but on the other hand a case like a Brexit is pretty much unprecedented. Who knows, I'd rather strongly reform the EU than giving into the illusion that a "Europe of Fatherlands" could work out. It would be a Europe of Fatherlands for less than a decade until first animosities based on a mixture of historic demands and resentments have manifested themselves into dubious ententes with even more dubious agendas.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Its more likely the EU will break up first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I just can't take you fools seriously when you don't get your way and start shouting about how the sky is falling and throwing a temper tantrum it's all over the forum.
    Are you an American?

Following the Brexit that is now a reality, I want to ask my fellow forumers about their predictions on the future of the UK. People of both Northern Ireland and Scotland have been forced to leave the European Union, and it is expected that in the foreseeable future they will both hold independence referendums.

I am very much for breaking up this dysfunctional union that is the UK, and I am confident that my fellow Europeans too wish to see the Scottish and Northern Irish people be part of our path toward unity and prosperity. I am also confident that independence referendums will take place, and the UK will cease to be as it is. In the end, England will take a loss much greater than any other entity involved beginning in their EU referendum and ending in the independence referendum of the last country to leave their union in the near future.

for the moment this will hurt England, but they will recover, IF

Scotland and Ireland don't leave the UK.

one of the only things that stopped the Scottish from Leaving was the EU Union part.

England just done fucked up.

England has to realise that they dont make as much money as they think they do.

they get quite a bit from Scotland and Ireland.

i think the UK should kick England out, and just consist of Ireland and Scotland, and there younger retarded brother Wales.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I'm not a fan of the Frankenstate the EU has become, so I'm pleased with the UK's choice, not that I am British or anything, but I do hope it will embolden other countries to leave the EU so we can just let the beast die an ignominious end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Its more likely the EU will break up first.
    most likely but alas, would that be a bad thing?

other countrys wouldnt be able to buly the smaller ones, and so on and so on...

it has its ups and downs, unfortionately most people dont see it till it hits them in the face.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Amen. I've lost respect for the English people. Their servitude for America didn't make me like them a lot, but this has taken them to a whole other level.
    The Scots didn't exactly impress me much either with their chickening out on the independence vote, then putting the Tories back in power. As for Northern Ireland, leave it to sea erosion, massive waste of money.

The sooner they fuck off the better frankly.