Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    The Tory party wanted to get rid of the European Convention on Human Rights. Guess who's still in power?
    So we could make our own, because the EU one is backwards as fuck. For example not being able to deport a known hate preacher for like 10 years because he kept appealing to the EU court of human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Well Sinn Féin is already pushing for Irish unity.
    Yup, return of the troubles and Black Friday. What a 90s throwback.

I wish I could sit in those negotiations...

"So, you want out. Let's talk about that, what do you propose?"
    "Yeah, see about our access to the single market"
    "What access? You don't have any as far as these negotiations are concerned."
    "But we would like to!"
    "And it'll cost you this much"
    "Uh, but our rebate..."
    "What rebate? You don't have any rebate. You had a rebate. Not anymore."

Man, that first session, I hope someone comes out of it with a big surprised look on his face...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I explained it later on in the post you quoted.
    No explanation is needed, you have shown what sort of person you are and that is your cross to bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tory party wanted to get rid of the European Convention on Human Rights. Guess who's still in power?

This will never stop being relevant.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    I say we rebrand Swift's 'A Modest Proposal' for the 21st Century. Why don't we just eat those darned uneducated plebeians who keep disagreeing with us, and voting against us?
    Make sure you aim for the fainting couch when hit send on these posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The UK and the US should swap half of our respective populations. The poorly educated ones can have Trump, according to him he loves the poorly educated!
    or deny them the vote. make an obligatory iq test or that for votin on these things you must have at least your highschool diploma
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Of course the EU is going to half arse it, the EU can not afford to fuck the UK over too much.

Do you really think that Merkel will want to destroy German car sales and the like in the UK? Germany is going to struggle just because we are leaving, no sensible German politician is going to intentionally tank the German economy by fucking us over.
    And yet, the EU is facing anti European sentiment across the board. Can't have that, so it has to be shown that somehow, out of EU we're all worst.

I doubt it'll be as bad as all that, but I think there's a good chance this is basically the end of the UK.

Almost tempted to screencap such silly speculation.

Deleted
    No explanation is needed, you have shown what sort of person you are and that is your cross to bear.
    Ah dont take it too seriously kalis. I'm only half messing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is predicting the EU will freeze out the UK, but they'll absolutely take some losses there to dissuade more nations leaving.
    France might want that, Germany will not, we will send Germany into recession if they fuck us over and the EU can not afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    To be fair to Cameron he had little choice. UKIP forced his hand. They were threatening to take a small big significant share of the vote from the tories and put labour in power, so Cameron had to do something. At the time it seemed like the sort of referendum where people grumble but everyone comes round in the end like they did in Scotland.

Your point about populism is still valid though: but its source was UKIP.
    The seats UKIP were taking from the Tories were pretty insignificant compared to the seats SNP took from Labour, and the collapse of the Lib Dems also somehow worked in the Conservatives favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Good, let England deal with this shitshow on their own
    Yeah I wasn't in favor of Scotland leaving, but I also didn't expect this result. I have to say I'm more sympathetic to a break up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Nnngh not really a good idea in my opinion.
    True I know long shot but if Greeks somehow stop being idiots (Greek family were planning to come to UK. Now that idea is cancelled and pointing towards Germany) then it can keep me with access to EU long term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darn, it looks like the UK has disappointed us. Guess America will have to secretly nuke it now.

Where we put those "secretly kill UK" missiles?

Of course the EU is going to half arse it, the EU can not afford to fuck the UK over too much.

Do you really think that Merkel will want to destroy German car sales and the like in the UK? Germany is going to struggle just because we are leaving, no sensible German politician is going to intentionally tank the German economy by fucking us over.
    Oh... you mean the economy that is already taking a dump right now? *looks at DAX*

Well, thanks for that, mate... thanks for not fucking our economy already. Perhaps it can take another hit, you know, since it's already going downward. What'll cost another few billion Euros. Also, what makes you think the UK won't buy cars anymore all of a sudden?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    And Cameron steps out elegantly

I have to say I'm more sympathetic to a break up now.
    Americans traditionally are; provided it's not their own country in question, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    LOL that just made me laugh. Voting for Trump means you're uneducated and voting to leave mean you're uneducated also.
    You have the causality a bit wrong there, but essentially, yes, that seems to be the pattern...