Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Are top 10's the new clickbait?

I see the everywhere, easy to produce and makes lot's of viewers. Not to mention those compilations that never gives credits to source material. It is like a tumor, spreading all over the internet.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    I see the everywhere, easy to produce and makes lot's of viewers. Not to mention those compilations that never gives credits to source material. It is like a tumor, spreading all over the internet.

What do you think?
    Some of the list I like, for instance there is a good movie or game you missed out on and a top 10 list brings it to light, I have discovered some good movies because of this.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    I would say it is actually the original click bait.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

We need a top 10 list of ways of making click-baits!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I would say it is actually the original click bait.
    That's my thoughts exactly too

........new?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

15+ Year Old Account
    Those top lists have always been clickbait, it's ancient. I don't really mind them though, you know up front what you're getting, unlike with the false sensationalist headlines.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I think of clickbait I think of expecting something and then finding the title to be a misrepresentation of the actual content. Like many threads on this site.

I go into a Top 10 expecting a top 10 and I leave with my expectations met. Way better than most clickbait.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well the term "new" might be putting it slightly a bit to lightly. But yes, they are mostly all clickbaits and a lot of them aren't even related to the hot chick in the thumbnail. Not to mention the fact that they are magically unable to put more than one 500x500 picture on each page, forcing you to click 10 times to see it all.

Some of them are pretty good. Clickbait to me is a scene that isn't even talked about, but is in the thumbnail.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    When I think of clickbait I think of expecting something and then finding the title to be a misrepresentation of the actual content. Like many threads on this site.

I go into a Top 10 expecting a top 10 and I leave with my expectations met. Way better than most clickbait.
    Yeah good point. A top 10 click bait would be "Look at this top 10" were as most top 10s are "Top 10 Movies on 2012" and you find the top 10 movies of 2012 that isn't click bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top Ten Clickbait links of 2017
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

Yeah. I recently watched a video of a man opening a wasp nest with a shocking interior. It was a normal nest, I was expecting something like hundreds of dead wasps or satanic bee offerings in a pseudo pentagram of honeycomb things.

Fuck, if I wanted to see a normal wasp hive interior I'd Google it.

Yes, but that doesn't automagically mean that they're bad.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I don't find them to be click baits due to the fact that they actually contain what is said in the title.

I draw the line at Top 10 lists presented via sliders. Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to make the reader click to get from one paragraph to the next is drinking way too much coffee in the morning.

Deleted

What do you think?
    You are a bit late on this one.

No one ever credits sources on youube, period.

I think you'll find they are a lot harder to do successfully than you might think. Making one and expecting it to get traffic won't work.

"New"? This is older than the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    The new clickbait is questions about what the new clickbait is
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    Let me make you a top 10 of top 10 list.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose