Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

I'm not saying tomorrow Germany will see Bavaria want to leave the EU or anything, but, this could become an issue, especially if in the next ~10 years or so, the UK does well and gets a good deal.
    I predict Germany to be one of the last wealthy nations remaining in the EU (the rest being poor beneficiary states like Poland and a Sweden which gained 3rd world status ).

If it comes to that, Bavaria will surely want to split out and become independant. But Germany has always been a big unknown factor throughout history and maybe the will leave shortly after France (hypothetically speaking). Interesting times ahead for sure.
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2016-06-24 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Should there be a cut off age for voting?
    Ideally, referenda should not be a thing.

But barring that there should a) be an age limit for voting on decisions of this nature, since it isn't their future they're deciding, and b) there should be a much higher passing requirement, say two thirds.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's weird seeing so many people talk about how great the EU is but then also talking about it as if it's basically the Mafia and needs to punish nations that step out of line, so the others know their place.

>.>

Today is one of those days where i feel pretty good about being a Murican watching this all unfold from afar.
    It is strange, just a day or two ago it was just this radiantly perfect institution that is impossible to oppose because its so good natured, and now? WE MUST BURN THIS HERETIC SCUM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    No because that's against the very rules of democracy and freedom of choice.
    There are no 'rules of democracy'.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Ideally, referenda should not be a thing.

But barring that there should a) be an age limit for voting on decisions of this nature, since it isn't their future they're deciding, and b) there should be a much higher passing requirement, say two thirds.
    Well at least your open and honest with your opposition to democracy.

I say, What if the EU started to turn on labour?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Turkey will not join. No worries

Also for EU UK is a smaller % market share for export/import than other way around. It is big, but it's even bigger for UK. I believe everyone will want to smooth the negative effects but not entirely because some are needed to make a point.
    Turkey will join, but not as quickly now. Sadly the UK Government was working with Turkey to get them in sooner.

Again, losing the 2nd / 3rd largest economy is not something they're going to shrug off. They want us to trade with them, that's a fact. It's just a matter of how good of a deal both sides are willing to give, and how bad of a deal they're willing to take.

Deleted
    It is strange, just a day or two ago it was just this radiantly perfect institution that is impossible to oppose because its so good natured, and now? WE MUST BURN THIS HERETIC SCUM!
    You're looking at it emotionally and as if EU is a person.

Look at it logically and from POV of EU's interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say that like it's relevant. Even people over 40 have a say in a democracy, i know it's sad that the younger generation doesn't instantly get to change the entire world the second they get a sociology degree and have figured out how the entire universe works, but alas.
    I was more referring to the fact that it's the younger generation that will have to live with the fallout of the decision of a bunch of rural geriatrics.

Deleted
    Turkey will join, but not as quickly now. Sadly the UK Government was working with Turkey to get them in sooner.

Again, losing the 2nd / 3rd largest economy is not something they're going to shrug off. They want us to trade with them, that's a fact. It's just a matter of how good of a deal both sides are willing to give, and how bad of a deal they're willing to take.
    Working with to "get in" and actually really wanting to get someone in are 2 different things. I would be extremely surprised if Turkey became a part of EU within 15-20 years.

What you say is true but it's EU who's in stronger negotiating position. That's a fact. We will see how it goes. It'll be very interesting 2 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Oh please you´re always were a special little snowflake. And now that the danger arise that the little snowflake could be melting it´s all: Let´s wait and see? Please i call bullshit about the say: let it settle down first. We know you wanna try to put off this shit as long as even possible so that you can get the most out of it.
    I voted Remain, but i'd much rather we leave sooner rather than later. The choice has been made, and we should get out and start making our own way as quickly as possible.

I'm simply glad that negotiations aren't starting today when emotions are running high, and foolish notions such as punishing British citizens are in some peoples minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least your open and honest with your opposition to democracy.
    The dose makes the poison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Team remain seem to only know 1 flavour, salt!
    You'll have to forgive the 48% of us who'd rather not see our country go through years of economic turmoil to come out on the other side no better.

Working with to "get in" and actually really wanting to get someone in are 2 different things. I would be extremely surprised if Turkey became a part of EU within 15-20 years.

What you say is true but it's EU who's in stronger negotiating position. That's a fact. We will see how it goes. It'll be very interesting 2 years.
    It certainly will be an interesting couple of years ahead of us. I hope it goes well, I hope there is no bitterness or pathetic attitudes being thrown our way, because let's not forget the ~48% of the country who wanted to remain.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's weird seeing so many people talk about how great the EU is but then also talking about it as if it's basically the Mafia and needs to punish nations that step out of line, so the others know their place.
    It's not about punishing them, it's about saying you want out than you're out, if you want deal you start from scratch and better show us what we gain from it or it's not happening...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes there are.
    No, there aren't. 'Democracy' is an umbrella term for a huge variety of political systems and ideologies, if we're going by the strictest sense the UK is one of the -least- democratic nations in the EU.

And here's the funny part; the only reason a referendum like this was possible was because of an EU agreement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stocks always carry risks. But our Banks are secure, due to new Legislations & Laws, and with the Bank of England prepared to put already £250 Billion (and more if needed) into the economy to keep it going, I don't think we'll see it stay too low for too long.

We're not going to get a deal so shit it doesn't work, because remember, we both need each other. With a trade deal too made, the UK just stalls on Article 50, until something better comes along, and in the mean time the UK becomes a pain in the EU, causing all sorts of hassle. The EU will need to give a good deal to keep trade open, but not too good that other nations consider leaving too.
    Oh great now we see the true nature of the british (at least the leavers). If we don´t get it our way we will couse you sooo much trouble and problem till you have to give us our will.
    Great just let this sink.
    So who again was the bully in this whole negotiation thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I was more referring to the fact that it's the younger generation that will have to live with the fallout of the decision of a bunch of rural geriatrics.
    who do I trust more:
    18 year olds who are embracing hooliganism, drunkenness and media degrees or 60 year olds who have worked all their lives and lived through some of the harsh economic downturns of the world? Pretty easy choice

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I'm simply glad that negotiations aren't starting today when emotions are running high, and foolish notions such as punishing British citizens are in some peoples minds.
    It's not foolish but only logical if any EU politician wants to keep their jobs, they have every incentive to make it as painful as possible for the British people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Free travel is what got you the brexit.

Just keep the free trade that you have with Britain right now, why not? It's a lot of money for both sides.
    I'm not unhappy with a Brexit far from, don't believe in that principle you are not welcome simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Team remain seem to only know 1 flavour, salt!
    not really, a lot of remain voters / supporters have accepted the decision, even if its not what we want