I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Because doing so would make the European Union look undemocratic, something that is already being criticised for by many political parties among current member states.

I did make my point quite clear in the post you quoted, but you decided to crop out most of that to simply pick out the part that would come off as most emotionally charged.
    unless i'm wrong, democracy is a form of government where people can elect their leader right. What if people actually vote to be harsh against UK? is it undemocratic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because a significant portion of the British people have revealed themselves to be nothing but whiny do-nothings wanting to leech off the benefits of an agreement without bearing any of the responsibility.
    The namecalling, the hate for democracy and now this nonsense. Opting to live in a smaller 'state' always means opting for more personal responsibility as well.

Unions are and should be perpetual.
    Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia. And this EU shit will end as well, hopefully without bloodshed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Because doing so would make the European Union look undemocratic
    Please do explain why treating an ingracious foreign entity as such is undemocratic.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So fuck democracy
    How so?
    You got your vote and we respect the outcome, but that does not mean that you get to dictate terms to our citizens against their democratic decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offence but many Europeans here are justifying the BREXIT supporters decisions further with their behaviour
    You reap what you sow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    No one is EU would get anything about something as basic for the EU as the freedom of movement. Blaming it on EU and not on UK not being able to manage their expectations and thinking they are some holy cow is asinine.
    Once again, this is the whole "The EU can do no wrong" schtick that is just trying to put 100% of blame on a third party.

Have you ever claimed the EU does not dictate policy, or something similar, in any of your posts? If you have done so, and we both know you have, then this is a prime example of the EU dictating policy and overruling the national interests of a member state.

That intransigence is one of the issues that people (not just in the UK) have with the EU and will create even more problems for the EU unless they sort it out, as a fledging organisation such as the EU needs flexibility in order to allow its members to tailor policy to their specific needs. One size does not fit all.

Greece, and Cyprus.
    Last time I checked it on the map Cyprus is some kilometers under Turkey and not even close to greece, so fuck greece.
    What do they want with the Island? They Should learn to Manage the Country first

I hope greece Fucks off the EU
    I rather have a Turkey in the EU and before SOmeone Argues with Democracy or other nonsense.
    Noone voted the suckers in Brussel in, and they dictate nearly every law in all off the EU countrys, thats a dictatorship that 5 idiots in a small ass state can fuck a whole continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    What would that have to do with the EU if the government of the UK ignored their poll?
    All that would prove again is that the UK is undemocratic.
    But ze apparatchiks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    You, like most people on this board, have no idea what 'tyranny' actually means and throw it out to mean 'whatever system of government I don't like'.
    Forbidding members to secede is one of the hallmarks of a tyranny, but one can't really expect anarchists to understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    The namecalling, the hate for democracy and now this nonsense. Opting to live in a smaller 'state' always means opting for more personal responsibility as well.
    Considering how irresponsible people are, this isn't actually a positive argument.

Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia. And this EU shit will end as well, hopefully without bloodshed.
    Because Balkanization has turned out so well for the former Eastern Bloc, right?

After two centuries of nationalism it's become abundantly clear that self-determination doesn't offer any net benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Isnt the UK one of, if not the largest, comsumer of all the EU countries?
    In April of this year, we imported 19 billion pounds worth of goods from the EU. While we exported 12 billion pounds worth into the EU.

But apparently we need the EU more than they need us.

Please do elaborate on how two EU members with a veto and a national hatred towards Turkey are going to not be roadblocks to EU membership.
    Because Turkey would probably much rather give up those claims, and gain access to the EU. Greece & Cyprus can't just continue to Veto it endlessly if there are gains to be had for them. Unlocking the E.U. for Turkey is much more lucrative than whatever claims and issues they currently have.

Greece is in a bad way, large payments and offers of bailout packages from Turkey could really push them to at least not Veto their entry. As for Cyprus, more work needs to be done for sure, but as I said; "In my life-time", not in the next 3 years.

As long as I dont get paid less, I could give a flying fudge about Britain leaving the EU or not.

I am from Germany btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Forbidding members to secede is one of the hallmarks of a tyranny
    Or just sensible contractual terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It would prove the "political class isn't loyal to the will of the voters, merely just Apparatchiks of the EU." It would also mean that effectively there is no secession from the EU for any State, even though its legal if it effectively can never happen because any local government will simply veto whatever the voters want then there is no leaving the EU in any practical sense.
    Or they could make referendums that are actually binding to the rulers. Again, you're pointing a flaw in how the UK works, not the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Yup.
    The annexation was the best way for optimal protection of TX from Mexico.
    And after the Civil War, with hundreds of thousands of deaths, the Texans realized, "if you cant beat em, join em". And shit has been great ever since. The south might not be the best educated in the country, but they are educated enough to know living the good life > Dying by drone strike. .

I dont think the EU backs up membership with a rifle though. Do they? This isnt going to start another European war will it?
    Honest questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Isnt the UK one of, if not the largest, comsumer of all the EU countries?
    Last I checked, yes. Another reason the EU isn't going to shit all over the UK.

Deleted
    Please do explain why treating an ingracious foreign entity as such is undemocratic.
    Deciding to punish a nation that peacefully and democractically decided to leave the European Union would be seen as being against democracy.

And i'm really not sure how we are ingracious.

Deleted
    After two centuries ... it's become abundantly clear that self-determination doesn't offer any net benefit.
    "Slavery gets shit done"?

No offence but many Europeans here are justifying the BREXIT supporters decisions further with their behaviour
    That being said: I'd like to thank the UK for saving the EU.
    I don't see how changes won't be made for this to not happen again.