Trade Chat: the other problem with Blood of Sargeras and Obliterum

These comments are related to the recent Developer QA webcast about professions.

Currently on beta it seems as though characters with extra Blood of Sargeras can break it down using the Obliterum forge and in turn that material they get can be used to upgrade gear. However the Blood item itself is BOP

So, here is what I see happening.

Current model = Crafted gear BOE
    Blood of Sargares = BOP
    Blood can be broken down into Obliterum (they said this on the webcast)
    Obliterum can be applied to gear
    Does not make it soulbound

So they just flooded trade chat with WTB Obliterum Upgrade.
    thanks blizzard

So people will hand over a piece of gear, someone will upgrade it for them, and hand it back

I dont see how this is any different than buying power with gold? it just means not buying power DIRECTLY from the AH, you will spam trade chat instead.

From what I understood to obtain Obliterum, you need an item from your profession + Blood of Sargeras to obtain the Obliterum dust, not just the blood.

As of the current build, gear needs to be soulbound in order to apply obliterium to it, and the Obliterium Ash and Chunks are also soulbound.

Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    From what I understood to obtain Obliterum, you need an item from your profession + Blood of Sargeras to obtain the Obliterum dust, not just the blood.
    That was actually changed recently. As of the current build, you don't need BoS in order to obliterate an item, but you do need a BoS in order to use an Obliterium Chunk. You do still get much more Obliterium Ash from items that use BoS to craft.