Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

why would blizzard make spine of death wing all over again?:(

did il'gynoth once and im already sick of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Write them via twitter!

Motion sickness is a big problem, and they are working on these things. That's why they do boss tests after all!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Write them via twitter!

Motion sickness is a big problem, and they are working on these things. That's why they do boss tests after all!
    it's not motion sickness, it's the fight's design, thankfully there's no motion sickness on this one so it's one better than spine but still.

"kill small adds near an invulnerable big things for a while then have the adds explode on it to reveal something you have to nuke"

literally spine of deathwing

i hate addzerg fights to begin with, hellfire high council was also god awful, but why make a carbon copy of spine which is widely considered the worst raid encounter ever designed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Write them via twitter!

Motion sickness is part of the challenge!

by whom was spine considered to be the worst encounter? people who couldn't beat it on heroic? you describe it as somebody that never did it, as it was just as - if not more intense on tanks/healers than it was on dps to burst the tendon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    it's not motion sickness, it's the fight's design, thankfully there's no motion sickness on this one so it's one better than spine but still.

"kill small adds near an invulnerable big things for a while then have the adds explode on it to reveal something you have to nuke"

literally spine of deathwing

i hate addzerg fights to begin with, hellfire high council was also god awful, but why make a carbon copy of spine which is widely considered the worst raid encounter ever designed
    Ahhh ok all good then. I didn't checked out the raid encounters yet^^

I have no problem with add fights - but the ROLLS ROLLS ROLLS part of deathwing was just bad (a cool idea, but it didn't worked at all imo). Oh, and Malygos .... bah ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

It's what makes Spine of Deathwing, and such boss fights unique... deal with it.

I suppose you'd rather have boss fights like Patchwork... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    by whom was spine considered to be the worst encounter? people who couldn't beat it on heroic? you describe it as somebody that never did it, as it was just as - if not more intense on tanks/healers than it was on dps to burst the tendon.
    Spine was considered garbage by people who killed it on heroic too. It wasn't fun for anyone.
    Bleh

I'm not sure how the mechanic of "kill something next to another thing" makes it a copy of a Spine.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Eh, people didn't like spine because 100% of the fight difficulty came from the small window of time attacking the tendrils.

Il'gynoth is quite different. The phase between each reveal has much more strategy, the reveal phase is much longer, and there are still mechanics during the reveal phase.

Il'gynoth is much more similar to yogg'saron than Spine of Deathwing.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    Tbh I have to agree with Kraineth - definetly a yogg'saron wibe over this fight.

i killed it on heroic, it was absolute garbage

just cause a fight is hard doesnt make it a good fight.

but i like boosfights where you have to fight a boss you know, since it's in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Eh, people didn't like spine because 100% of the fight difficulty came from the small window of time attacking the tendrils.

Il'gynoth is quite different. The phase between each reveal has much more strategy, the reveal phase is much longer, and there are still mechanics during the reveal phase.

Il'gynoth is much more similar to yogg'saron than Spine of Deathwing.
    yogg saron was much more dynamic than this one tho, yes it's good that it's not about a really small window, but yogg saron did both phases of this just in one (p2) and did a bunch more stuff in p3.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    People got motion sickness doing Spine? o.O

Anyway, not seen the fight but, personally, I didn't even really mind the Spine fight.

a lot of them did, including me, when we were progressing on it my head was literally pounding after 4 hours of having him spin around.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-06-24 at 11:23 PM.

not fun doesn't mean worst encounter. the lack of enjoyment was partly due to the difficulty. For the guild I killed it with, along with others it was definitely a 'fuck that fight' type of boss, but nowhere near worthy of the label 'worst encounter' like Malygos or Flame Leviathan, and how fun were either Rhyolith or Loot ship? Spine was a helluva lot more fun than any of those.

edit: Can the people who are calling it a garbage fight give any reasons why? It was one of the very few fights that (up to cata progression) was hard on every role in the raid.
    Last edited by Stingray0011; 2016-06-24 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really got the issue with spine, i can understand while player's would complain about it and all.
    I never really had an issue with spine, maybe on a bit boring on LFR but on normal/heroic i didn't mind the fight at all.

Again someone who bases their argument on what "everyone" or some majority feels when it has been proven repeatedly that those with the negative view yell loudest, and therefore do not necessarily represent the numbers they claim they do.
    Was that or any other popular encounter to gripe about really that bad for so many people, or do the players happier with it just let others form their own opinions instead of having to legitimise theirs with volume of noise.

Perhaps blizzard have had other feedback, that which isn't attention grabbing.
    That which says that is wasn't as unpopular as some are insistent on telling us.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    did il'gynoth once and im already sick of it
    Its closer , way closer to yogg'saron than spine. Just because you deal with adds and then attack a main body doesn't mean its "spine all over again".

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Spine was considered garbage by people who killed it on heroic too. It wasn't fun for anyone.
    Spine was a great fight imo. There was a hell of a lot to do and those super small time windows for killing the plates were a real challenge (at least for a 10 man comp). It was add control, but the oven fight in brf was even more so.

Madness afterwards was a total letdown though...

I don't know what everyone's huge thing is with Spine honestly. It wasn't hard, even on heroic. I'd love to see the tools who complained about Spine being too hard go and try and do half the fights in AQ40 while it was current. Or even half of the BT bosses before the huge nerf to the BC content.

7+ Year Old Account
    the reason people hated spine of deathwing was

it was super ffing hard, when you downed spine, you would down madness
    and because those scared of heights and who get motion sickness did not like looking over the edge

if anything hellhiem is more like spine because you have the motion sickness

nightmare eye is much more like yog sarron, kill adds over and over, move adds near a thing (like the first phase of yog sarron) to kill them and move to next phase, then have a big phase of burst down a boss

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I don't know what everyone's huge thing is with Spine honestly. It wasn't hard, even on heroic. I'd love to see the tools who complained about Spine being too hard go and try and do half the fights in AQ40 while it was current. Or even half of the BT bosses before the huge nerf to the BC content.
    lol yeah no lets not get into the "the game was so much harder back in the day" argument... like why do people allways need to make everything about vanilla

most if not all of these people who found heroic deathwing spine hard... played during vanilla and did those raids...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I never really got the issue with spine, i can understand while player's would complain about it and all.
    I never really had an issue with spine, maybe on a bit boring on LFR but on normal/heroic i didn't mind the fight at all.
    I found on spine the roll was buggy that was my major complaint. The other big problem was that when it first came out it really required the dps to be high burst classes.