Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Best case scenario

England goes into a recession which the BOE fights with QE infinity and rate cuts and that last about 8 - 12 years while trade deals are being discussed. The United Kingdom and EU stay together despite it all with Britain having a lesser voice in global affairs.

Worse case scenario

The EU unravels resulting in a economic catastrophe especially for the smaller countries, Britain is blamed for it all and the whole block goes into recession with some countries going into depression with Russia greatly benefiting from the chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    I happen to know and work with a lot of English born people of Asian, Indian and Pakistani ancestry and virtually all of them were pro brexit and more vocal about supporting it than most. As British citizens they already have a voice and have been using it to good effect. Also if they are born in England, then they are English regardless of their ancestry or colour. For you to describe them as non-english is racist in and of itself.
    I happen to know several ethnic minorities who voted leave as well which is I think of as shooting yourself in the foot, they did themselves no favours considering majority of them were working class. At first I was shocked to learn that a loud group of minorities voted leave but after probing them about their choice many shared selfish (and unsurprisingly uneducated/ignorant) reasons for why they thought the UK would be better off without the EU which focused on immigration and benefits. They have voted against their best interest and for what? To gain a tiny bit of acceptance from their fellow white colleagues, neighbors and/or friends and have to relent a huge chunk of their personal integrity and compassion for their fellow Human.

This is why most ethnic minorities voted remain i.e. they can empathise with minority immigrants and ask themselves "what if I was an immigrant today looking in?"

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the spark of the recession here, precisely? BTW, central banks don't "fight" recessions, they fuel them through all this easy credit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I happen to know several ethnic minorities who voted leave as well which is I think of as shooting yourself in the foot, they did themselves no favours considering majority of them were working class. At first I was shocked to learn that a loud group of minorities voted leave but after probing them about their choice many shared selfish (and unsurprisingly uneducated/ignorant) reasons for why they thought the UK would be better off without the EU which focused on immigration and benefits. They have voted against their best interest and for what? To gain a tiny bit of acceptance from their fellow white colleagues, neighbors and/or friends and have to relent a huge chunk of their personal integrity and compassion for their fellow Human.

This is why most ethnic minorities voted remain i.e. they can empathise with minority immigrants and ask themselves "what if I was an immigrant today looking in?"
    Did they compress all of Remain's talking points into your person?
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    We simply don't know. The Brexiters never wanted to spend the money on the NHS as pledged, nor do they want to actually curb immigration as they claimed. And now they want to take their time (up to 10 fucking years!) to decide what it is they actually want. It's the most absolutely fucking absurd situation to be in. It's like they never actually believed they would win, or actually wanted to win in the first place.

The most absurd thing is to do with the demographic changes, by the time they have decided what they want to do with it, assuming attitudes don't shift that much; a remain victory would have been pretty much a landslide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hopefully it'll reverse some of the globalisation done over the past few centuries.

Countries need to learn to rely on themselves again, with deals with other nations being little more than a side benefit. If England had stayed in the EU a few decades longer, leaving would have been impossible, we'd have relied on the EU for too many resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    The establishment Leave campaign probably didn't, but hey ho.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Hopefully it'll reverse some of the globalisation done over the past few centuries.

Countries need to learn to rely on themselves again, with deals with other nations being little more than a side benefit. If England had stayed in the EU a few decades longer, leaving would have been impossible, we'd have relied on the EU for too many resources.
    That was a snowball that became too big to stop about 50 years ago. Retreating into a resourceless isle and shutting the blinds isn't going to stop the rest of the world turning. It hasn't worked for North Korea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We simply don't know. The Brexiters never wanted to spend the money on the NHS as pledged, nor do they want to actually curb immigration as they claimed. And now they want to take their time (up to 10 fucking years!) to decide what it is they actually want. It's the most absolutely fucking absurd situation to be in. It's like they never actually believed they would win, or actually wanted to win in the first place.

The most absurd thing is to do with the demographic changes, by the time they have decided what they want to do with it, assuming attitudes don't shift that much; a remain victory would have been pretty much a landslide.
    I am pretty certain the PM that initialized the vote never actually wanted to leave the EU, he wanted a better deal. He wanted to scare the EU so they would give the UK whatever they asked for just so they won't leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You seem to be blinded by fear-mongering yourself if your posts in this thread are any indication. Are you denying that there's genuine concerns regarding immigration? Would I be correct in assuming that you, yourself, have never had to deal with the negative impact of poorly handled immigration and integration? It seems like you're getting a lot of your buzzwords from the mainstream media and biased news sources. Which may not be correct, of course - that's just the impression that you're giving off.
    I do not deny that there are genuine concerns over immigration but do I think these concerns are worth abrogating our EU membership? The answer is a strong NO. What are the negative impacts of poorly handled immigration? Immigration was not handled poorly everything was under control under our current government. Stop blaming our failing NHS, school and benefits services on immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I am pretty certain the PM that initialized the vote never actually wanted to leave the EU, he wanted a better deal. He wanted to scare the EU so they would give the UK whatever they asked for just so they won't leave.
    He called the referendum so his party would let him have a second term as leader.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    He called the referendum so his party would let him have a second term as leader.
    That's an even dumber reason than what I thought it was.

Deleted
    What happens now is all kinds of people will start listing all the things that will supposedly happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

You can't reverse globalization that ship sailed a long time ago, the internet, airplanes, cell phones, stock markets are not going to vanish. The world is now forever interconnected, it's best to accept it or get a time machine.

Germany WILL MAKE an example of GB, so other countries don't mimic.

There is NO way in hell that will be business as usual after this. GB will not enjoy the benefits of being in EU. They will need to pay taxes to access the EU market, 9their products will be much less competitive.

Also, RIP 2 TRILLION $ from the BREXIT - Cameron Adventure -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Being a UK citizen I worry for the ethnic minorities who have integrated well for the countless decades only to have been made feel unwelcome. I can't help but think of "First they came for the poles...". This wave of nationalism and unabashed white patriotism must be like a slap in the face for the ordinary non-english person who has been living here for years. We need to create safe spaces for minorities and give them a voice to share their concerns.

If I was a minority in a majority white country that just voted to keep other minorities out I would be deeply worried about my own precarious position.

Not all Brexiters are racist but ALL racists are Brexiters.
    Then help them, show them that just because some of the loud voices were racists doesn't mean everyone is, explain to them that this was not what the vote was about, because it really wasn't (even if to the mind of the racist or fascist this is what it was, it wasn't). ANd assure them that they are very much a part of Britain and that hasn't ceased.

There is a lot of irrational fear and lots of wrong impressions which happens during confusion. But a clear voice of truth needs ring out loud and assure people what is the case. Concerning feeling welcome, that can be you, and I off course will choose to be one of those voices. Encourage others too, they'll see things clearly once they calm down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    There's solidarity in much of Europe. If not among bureaucrats, among the peoples.
    Dream on. It's exactly this kind of arrogant presumption that has shocked everybody who didn't think it would happen in Britain. This is just the beginning.
    Last edited by mmoc4ba93b9265; 2016-06-25 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Best case scenario is that England is a bit more of a shittier place than it was.
    An expert writes...

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post
    If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
    It can some times feel that way, and there are people who will work hard to ensure nothing changes regardless of what outcomes are, but in when a step is taken in the direction of more freedom, it is an opportunity for everyday people to take their destinies into their own hands and ensure no matter how hard controllers and manipulaters work to ensure nothing changes, something does. I would encourage you and let you know that you can make a difference, and encourage you to encourage others, you don't have to be a slave to someone elses desire or will, you're not, so don't think you are by doing nothing.

Some people believe we shouldn't be given the right to vote. We don't believe that, it is people's fundamental right to choose. We don't force people to do or live how feel is right, they must be allowed to make their own decisions. This is a fundamental Human Right.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-06-25 at 12:26 PM.

This may be the end of the EU, it may be the fall of the UK or not much will change.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    That's unlikely. Both will no doubt be best served waiting to see if any other countries leave the EU first. Otherwise they'll just be picking up a higher tab if and when they do join.
    Scotland already working on a second referendum to get independent.
    The last one was on 18. September 2014 the pro uk front won close by 5%
    But after the Brexit this coud easy turn around because most scottish citizens are pro eu

Scotland votes for Brexit
    Leave EU 38% Remain EU 62%

And for Irland i must first correct my self because only north irland is part of the uk.
    Nevertheless the irish government already working on a referendum for a reunion with north irland.
    If the 2 countrys join together again this woud have the same effect as a exit of north irland from the the UK.

North Irland votes for Brexit
    Leave EU 44,2% Remain EU 55,8%
    Last edited by Durandir; 2016-06-25 at 12:33 PM.