Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    The Issue is not people in the world, Blizzard has allreayd fixed that with "NO FLYING"
    The issue here is to feel more Immersed in the World and in its single aspects.
    for example: its like playing a football game with out playing football, just watch the final score... what is the fun in that, and WOW is a Play the match game.
    - - - Updated - - -
    hahahahaha, it is so true.... why cant we just have GOD MODE and finish the game in 1 minut

- - - Updated - - -
    You just prove my point! if some one feel like "wasting there time in a game" when it just comes to play the game and travel in an adventure game.... then you are doing it wrong mate.
    No, sitting on a mount, riding for half an hour or sitting on a flightpath gryphon watching it fly for 15 minutes is wasting time. Time that could have been used to play the game. To kill monsters, to experience interaction. Riding/walking/flying for a short time is ok, but having to do it all the time and for long distances is wasting my playtime with waittime.

BTW, you can't really "finish" a MMORPG. There will always be unfinished business, even if you have cleared mythic.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

mate, I agree with you 100%, but in Lore its hard to open even a since little portal, so havving over 15 static portals in Dalaran is just crazy (if you focus on the lore).

Mages would keep portals, its just way to conviniant to have portals everywhere, "Cataclysm" went so bad because we had portals in Orgrimmar and stormwind that would take us everywhere.
    They opened a portal to orgrimmar from draenor.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    and to stormwind and brought in all materials for the garrisson - on donkeys - that also passed through the portal. And we chase a monster that enters stormwind through a portal in everbloom!
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-03-16 at 08:26 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Hallo World of Warcraft Brothers.

I wish that you hear me out befour you answer or Enrage...

This is my Question - What do you think about Removing all of the static portals around in the world?
    (to place static portals around destroys Immerson and is just Poor gameplay design)

Solution: we Could have at least Less Static portals "maybe just those in the Portal room underneth Dalaran.

First Idea ----->But in the case abow I would not use Static portals, I would have 2 or 3 NPC mages around, that we as players can go and talk to and ask them if they can make 1 of those 5 portals that takes us around azeroth, the Mage would then move over to the Portal Crystal "something to help the mage charge with enegy for the Portal to open, and then he would cast the spell and keep canneling for 3 minuts "during this time other players would be able to take that portal" but after this the portal would close and the mage would go back to its studies.

Second Idea ---> we could use Flight paths or Zeppelin or even Ships (Please let the Zeppeling and Ship travel a little bit more in the world, and not just Teleport after a short distance) to travel in the world, yes this takes time but Its and Adventure game, and Traveling is a part of the adventure, these hubs would give players reason to inteact with each other and the world.

Third Idea ----> We also have the Player MAGE, which people could ask for portals, this would be ok, since it give players reason to talk and interact

I am one of those that Love the entire WORLD of Warcraft, so Travling (Walking, Running, Riding, Flying) and getting to see the world feels so great.

Thanks for your time!
    OH FUCK YEAH waiting line to use the portal if people arent going to the city you need to. How bout fuck no.

Also the most delightful experience in 10 years of WoW was Wotlk Dalaran Portals. Oh I enjoyed myself so fully when i watched mages
    add an extra portal row and shift them all down so everyone is going to completely different cities then they thought due to muscle memory.

"Convenient" is the issue, when a game becomes to Convinient the world just get broken and people never Travel around.

If you play a game for its Convenient, then something is wrong, when things are Tricky and hard to do it get interesting and its more an Adventure

PS: I can see your point that players are kinda used to it now days, but for the sake of the game, Convenient stuff is destroying the core Social aspect of World of warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

If you put it that way!

Wow, is not a Portal or Flying simulatior either!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is so true! if you want Confort then stop playing games that involves in Adventures.... people are way to focused on not "waisting there time" insted its investing there time on traveling and enjoying the realy aspect of the game "the ADVENTURE"

i AM SO with you on this

- - - Updated - - -

This is very true

- - - Updated - - -

Flying and portal rooms are destroying the game, not the other way around, why was there over 10 million player in Wrath when there was amost no portal room, and you had to work to get to flying around.

WOD, was awesome from the aspect of travel, great Flight paths and ground mounts, "warcraft is based on Horde vs Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

It loks like he does not read. maybe for someone its not that easy

- - - Updated - - -

Then dont, who stops you.

Its better to have people that want to play and Adventure game, which actualy want to travel and have an adveture...

Its sad that you want to leave, but in the end its your choise.
    It's great to know they're not getting rid of portals so that players such as myself wont have to bother with players such as yourself. Best of both worlds. have fun not grouping with people because you want to run to every dungeon entrance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    This is the Issue, if the "Iron Horde" used "Gul`dan, Cho`gal and Teron`gor" to channel the Huge portal between our 2 World... how can we just simpley open Static portals all over the place...

They should Trim down on all the portals and give people a reason to use flight paths, Boats, Zeppelins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I assume that all the static portals in Azeroth are made by careful aligning ley lines and anchoring them locally through laborious arcane rituals. Mages can later tap into the ley lines of Azeroth and guide themselves to those specific locations because they function as beacons within the ley lines of Azeroth. The Dark Portal though is far grander; it essentially concentrates and connect the ley lines of Azeroth with those of a planet much further away; since this is a far less stable endeavour it requires significant arcane power to force the connection but once it was forced it will remain open.

Hearthstones probably do not exist in lore and are entire a gameplay mechanic. Other items that allow for teleportion work on the same principle described above.
    As you are stating, they are powerful constructs of magic, and there should be mages channeling to keep a portal open, it should not remain open without at least 1 caretaker (Mage)

Deleted
    I made the Vanilla Nordrassil-Stormwind walk three times. Never created a new night elf since then.

Hallo World of Warcraft Brothers.

I wish that you hear me out befour you answer or Enrage...

This is my Question - What do you think about Removing all of the static portals around in the world?
    You and Ner'Zhul are not going to be friends...
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make the movement speed of chars more then just 100% Then the walks won't be so annoying >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You and Ner'Zhul are not going to be friends...
    hahahahaha, i Laugh so hard when I read this! thanks bro for your words ^^