The EU was also plotting something with turkey that would only be revealed after the referendum. If turkey was admitted to the EU and given free travel it would be game over for europeans. That would be the final nail in the coffin that sealed europes fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Again, most states in the US don't 'pull their own weight' either.
    nor do they all speak the same language.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The homicidal person is responsible for their crime, it has nothing to do with money in politics.
    ya, i bet if he got his hands on a nuke we'd be blaming him and not the idiots that gave it to him either, right?
    I mean the 2nd amendment doesn't specifically say my militia can't have a nuclear arsenal of its own, now does it?
    or maybe a flamethrower would be enough.... my militia needs one of those too.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-26 at 06:52 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

This win foreshadows an ominous and capitalized future for xenophobia and prejudice. I fear for the safety of the migrants and refugees who reside in the UK, and elsewhere in the EU where right-leaning forces argue for isolationist borders and decreased rights for minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    This win foreshadows an ominous and capitalized future for xenophobia and prejudice. I fear for the safety of the migrants and refugees who reside in the UK, and elsewhere in the EU where right-leaning forces argue for isolationist borders and decreased rights for minorities.
    Lets make V for vendetta a reality motha fuckas!
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    The country you're looking for is Switzerland.
    Borders. Protectionnism and prevalence of Democracy. And they're doing rather fine.

Just shouting "North-korea" anytime someone suggest any limitation to freedom of movement/capitals is just a low-level strawman.
    Well they are in a completely different situation. First: they are also in the EEA,so they need to pay money to EU, follow all those rules. There is nothing better on paper.

Second: they have a completely different finance sector. London is pretty much the financial heart if Europe. Switzerland isnt at all.

They have the same problem. They want less immigration. But they cant stop immigration because they need to follow EU rules.

That is the main problem. UK will have to join EEA so in the end they will have worse cinditions than now. Switzerland isnt happy at all about many rules they have to follow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    ya, i bet if he got his hands on a nuke we'd be blaming him and not the idiots that gave it to him either, right?
    I mean the 2nd amendment doesn't specifically say my militia can't have a nuclear arsenal of its own, now does it?
    If he set off a nuke it would still be his fault. Nukes and guns have never been responsible for any deaths, anything without agency fundamentally can't make decisions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    I never said anything about stopping it, but you should atleast try to fight it, or regulate it.
    Because well if you dont, you get weeks like this one.
    But then its not an issue of the EU. The EU in fact has done more than the UK to prevent poor people from suffering the consequences of globalism. Its a failure of the goverment and the lack of fiscalization and social safety net.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    Sounds like they should leave Europe for greener pastures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    But then its not an issue of the EU. The EU in fact has done more than the UK to prevent poor people from suffering the consequences of globalism. Its a failure of the goverment and the lack of fiscalization and social safety net.
    Actually it's the EU that did a lot of stuff for poorer people. The british government was always closer to the economy and deregulation

The UK was always a drving force behind deregulation of markets. So it's quite the opposite. It's very likely that the money the EU currently pays to structurally weak areas like Wales will be cut by up to 100% and the saved money (IF there will be any) will be used for other ressources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Sounds like they should leave Europe for greener pastures.
    They won't because it's the only place where they can get money for doing nothing at all.

All while whining and complaining about not getting enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Actually it's the EU that did a lot of stuff for poorer people. The british government was always closer to the economy and deregulation

The UK was always a drving force behind deregulation of markets. So it's quite the opposite. It's very likely that the money the EU currently pays to structurally weak areas like Wales will be cut by up to 100% and the saved money (IF there will be any) will be used for other ressources.
    That was my point.

Deleted
    That was my point.
    It's the same in germany where the poor people tend to vote for AFD, but the AFD itself has a program that's working very much against them. They want to cut social benefits, lower the highest tax rates and so on. But racism and hatred always seem to win over reason. A lot of this is just pure protest.

We will have to see how long it will take for them to realize that the EU actually redistributed a lot of money towards poorer people and regions than the british government would have ever done on its own.

And of course: globalization won't be stopped by leaving EU. That's the main problem. EU isn't responsable for companies moving their production to eastern europe, china and so on. Unless you want to work for 3 pounds per hour and 60 hours/week to compete with china...

You know lot of depressed area in the uk are surviving on EU founding like that:
    - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...eave-ebbw-vale
    - http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-36616955
    - http://news.sky.com/story/1717526/re...-lost-eu-funds

but they voted out now the question is will the uk gov replace this eu money with uk money or just tell them to suck it up and deal with it?

Anyway imho there is a huge responsibility from the dumb remain aligned politician and newspaper that failed to inform those peoples
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's the same in germany where the poor people tend to vote for AFD, but the AFD itself has a program that's working very much against them. They want to cut social benefits, lower the highest tax rates and so on. But racism and hatred always seem to win over reason. A lot of this is just pure protest.

We will have to see how long it will take for them to realize that the EU actually redistributed a lot of money towards poorer people and regions than the british government would have ever done on its own.

And of course: globalization won't be stopped by leaving EU. That's the main problem. EU isn't responsable for companies moving their production to eastern europe, china and so on. Unless you want to work for 3 pounds per hour and 60 hours/week to compete with china...
    Yep I agree even if we have free trade agreements, companies would still move their factories to other countries where is simply cheaper to make products. And even if we took isolationist proposals, similar to the likes of Bernie, Trump, and everyone who supported Brexit it won't benefit us economically condeming the 80% of the population for the sake of the 20%.

EDIT: If you are interested in it.

Not sure how the UK goverment plans to approach this.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-06-26 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    They won't because it's the only place where they can get money for doing nothing at all.

All while whining and complaining about not getting enough.
    Well,. they have that in common with the Brits, so maybe they can finally reconcile via that angle?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well,. they have that in common with the Brits, so maybe they can finally reconcile via that angle?
    There is a difference between wanting free stuff and not wanting to be around foreign cultures that demand special treatment.

the main problem is that local politicians use the EU as scapegoat for their failures and shortcoming, this is why we need to reform eu and give it an indipendent, directly voted, gov and curb down the power of local politicians.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    You know lot of depressed area in the uk are surviving on EU founding like that:
    - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...eave-ebbw-vale
    - http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-36616955
    - http://news.sky.com/story/1717526/re...-lost-eu-funds

but they voted out now the question is will the uk gov replace this eu money with uk money or just tell them to suck it up and deal with it?

Anyway imho there is a huge responsibility from the dumb remain aligned politician and newspaper that failed to inform those peoples
    Of course they believe now they will have more money. It's one of the lies people have been told by the leavers. Those 5 billions/year will be gone very fast by less tax income from all those firms moving employees from London to EU in the coming years alone. Not to mention missing investments because of Brexit. A lof of new startups won't start in London. And if UK joins EEA, they might actually pay more than the 5 billions/year they currently pay netto. It might go easily up to over 10 billions.

Really. You have been lied to by Farage and Jonson for political reasons. There will be no extra money saved. In fact UK will have to pay more money than they currently do.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-06-26 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Maybe if said older generation weren't a bunch of selfish leeches trying desperately to gain as much from public assistance while drawing the ladder up behind them.
    I'm sure there was a lot of younger people voting out too. There's plenty of them which aren't utter morons.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: If you are interested in it.

Not sure how the UK goverment plans to approach this.
    Do you have any information on how these funds are spent or do they go into slush funds never to be seen by the ordinary people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    I'm sure there was a lot of younger people voting out too. There's plenty of them which aren't utter morons.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any information on how these funds are spent or do they go into slush funds never to be seen by the ordinary people.
    IDK, but I guess they are going to the slush, because seeing images of those places it doesn't seem that they invest them wisely.