Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Who said we would talk to anyone in the worst performing continent on Earth? There's a big successful world out there, scary I know looking at it from the safety of the EU bed. And if we do sign deals with anyone before article 50 is initiated what could the EU do? take us to court? kick us out? lol

We have 500million euro a week to spend now don't forget.
    Any member state can still make individual trade deals regardless of their membership status in the EU.

Whether or not anyone wants to deal with a big unknown, however, is another question.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    We can't let you non-democratic authoritarians win. We won't stand for it.
    You do realize that the UK out of the EU is a geopolitical catastrophe for the United States right? Like were Article 50 to go into effect, that plus this would in effect be our Berlin Wall moment.

Let me put it another way. Right now, we have anglo-saxon Britain in every single EU room, more often than not being America's lawyer and advocate, holding the line for positions firmly in our interests, against France when has been sticking their finger in our eye for seventy years (but we'll always be pals), and a Germany that sometimes, is a little bit too close to Russia.

The US and EU together are the two pillars of modern Western Civilization, and through the UK, the US has direct influence on EU policy. Together we're the most powerful force in the world, and it's not close.

Without the UK in that room, France and Germany will push policy more often than not far less amenable to our interests. The EU, conceptually and institutionally, will be diminished. Rather than being our partner and peer, it will be something smaller, more an object in the endless tug of war between the US and Russia, rather than a global titan in it's own right and force multiplier for us. And don't be surprised when they adopt a less pro-US more pro-Russian stance, and go from being partner to neutral, occasionally a rival.

The UK in the prevents that. Always has, always will. The US midwifed the EU for sixty years. And fortunately John Kerry is going to the UK tomorrow to start the process of saving Europe from the Europeans yet again, the British included.

But make no mistake, Brexit was the American equivalent of the first brick coming down from the Berlin wall. It's a geopolitical catastrophe, that if it isn't quickly mended, will see the US position in the world weaker, more isolated and more surrounded. Russia has wanted to push the US out of Europe and across the Atlantic for seventy years. The British, our Anglo Saxon cousins, taking that first step of their own volition, is a strategic victory for Vladmir Putin and Russia's attempts to rewrite the verdict of the Cold War. The US and the Western World Order lost a battle, a big battle, very badly on Thursday. It's time to find a new way to win, as we have before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    He would just appoint a team of laywers as negotiatiors on behalf of your government, he (david cameron) or your future prime minister will not personally negotiate such things.
    Of course not but the ideas of what we want come from the leadership not from lawyers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    At least we don't have people like this...

Just kill me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think after all the verbal abuse people throw at Cameron, he seems to be the smartest guy of the lot over there. It looks like he's actually planning to sacrifice himself (he did call the vote after all) so people can proceed to not do what he asked for.
    You don't get bonus points for skillfully fixing your fuck up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdLxTXBaAY
    I refuse to believe that this is not fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I refuse to believe that this is not fake.
    Oh, it almost certainly is, still pretty funny though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not for the next 2+ years yet.
    UK pays 11 billions /year, gets 6 billions back. They bay 5 billions per year more than they get back.

5,000m / 52 weeks is less than 100m /week.

Not 500. 100. About 1.5 Pounds per week per citizen. Great. 1.5 Pounds. You will be rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly those numbers always were a lie. I don't think Boris didn't know that those numbers were made up. Boris Jonson lied to you. He LIED. He also lied that this money could be spent for NDS. No it will never be spent for this. This was also a LIE.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-06-26 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I hear the brixiters want to change the name to Little England.
    I vote for Former United Kingdom and FUK for its shortcut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    That remains to be seen. Either way do you think trade with the EU is the be all and end all for the UK economy?
    Roughly 44% to the EU.

We'll see how much that is when the country splits, probably less when your economy loses schotland oil products among other things.

Deleted

We have 500million euro a week to spend now don't forget.
    You don't get that imaginary money until you leave.

15+ Year Old Account
    We are a reluctant party to a sham forced marriage that are only really sticking together for the sake of the kids. The divorce is not amicable as drunkard Juncker said himself...let's see how reasonable the abusive husband is first during the divorce proceedings.
    Ok... that you are then, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Oh, it almost certainly is, still pretty funny though.
    People in her demographic were like 80% remain, they just didn't vote.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    They don't get that imaginary money even when they leave...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I just mean I imagine they'll be substantially similar to the ones already in place.
    Depends on your definition of "substantially similar", I'd expect a lot more concessions on part of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    People in her demographic were like 80% remain, they just didn't vote.
    I'm not British and I don't really care about the outcome of the referendum. Just thought the video was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdLxTXBaAY
    OMG, that follow up. This gotta be staged or that guy has the most awesome source of entertainment. If she is good in bed I want her or someone like that, I now get what women mean when they say they want a funny/humorous guy .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    If we pay it from now on.

Also this is quite expensive who will pay for it now? The UK? hahaha sure we will. Still sleeping soundly and securely in that soft EU bed are we?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-of-aggression
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    They don't get that imaginary money even when they leave...
    That's why it's imaginary. Thinking you can just do simple math to see how much money you'll "make" by leaving the EU is extremely basic. There are tons of new costs and money lost in trade deals that might not happen. You simply can't say "oh we'll have this much more money after leaving". Who knows, Britain might be better off in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Roughly 44% to the EU.

We'll see how much that is when the country splits, probably less when your economy loses schotland oil products among other things.
    I don't think trade will be the biggest hit. It will be companies moving their hqs and employees. We're talking about huge gaps in tax income.