Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I'm going to have to side with Vyxn on this one. Looking at what ANTIFA is it's hard to say who threw the first blow.
    That wasn't my point at all to begin with. I'm pretty sure that I made that even clear.
    I've not taken a defender of Antifa groups stance.
    I have only explained that they do have a deterring effect, against popular belief how one can silence something by sheer ignorance thereof and fighting it causes the opposite.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Germany does mighty fine with it's handling and laws in that very regard.
    Laws, I might add, your very government was highly instrumental to create in the first place.
    Don't try to take a high road from that angle

- - - Updated - - -

You ever heard of figurative speaking?
    Did you really just take that literal?
    I was speaking figuratively also
    so what figurative fire did the traditionalist worker party start that needed to be fought back with violence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    But there are more objective ways of basing laws around the direct physical world. Nobody should go to jail merely because of speech that hurt someones emotions and feelings.
    Those laws aren't based on feelings.
    They're based on truth.
    And if you truly want to understand it, you'd have to read the German constitution.
    But feelings do have some basis in that constitution also.
    Germans have an unalienable right to honor and dignity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I was speaking figuratively also
    so what figurative fire did the traditionalist worker party start that needed to be fought back with violence
    We have no conclusive information yet who started the violence.

7+ Year Old Account
    They're based on truth.
    And if you truly want to understand it, you'd have to read the German constitution.
    Historical truth should be left to the history books, documentation, archeologists, etc. They shouldn't be a basis to use laws to throw people in jail for saying something wrong.

Unless, as always, you can prove direct physical or financial damage. Such as with libel.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-26 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    jumping to conclusions I see.
    O'rlly, is that what you conclude?

10+ Year Old Account
    Historical truth should be left to the history books, documentation, archeologists, etc. They shouldn't be a basis to use laws to throw people in jail for saying something wrong.
    Woulda shoulda coulda...
    Don't worry about that now. At the end of the day, and despite of certain strict laws, Germany is still by a long mile away from the US, in terms of incarcerations. By a very long mile even.
    Maybe, if the US laws were a bit more like the German, or say even European laws, since aside from the anti nazi laws they're all pretty similar, then you wouldn't have to book so many ppl, and less ppl would also kill each other in the US. Just as another idea in that regard.

One would think "left-wing reactionary" would be an oxymoron, yet here Antifa is.

They're based on truth.
    But feelings do have some basis in that constitution also.
    Germans have an unalienable right to honor and dignity.

- - - Updated - - -

We have no conclusive information yet who started the violence.
    from the reports I'm getting not from the liberal media it was Antifa that came looking for violence armed with bats and knives

7+ Year Old Account
    Woulda shoulda coulda...
    Don't worry about that now. At the end of the day, and despite of certain strict laws, Germany is still by a long mile away from the US, in terms of incarcerations. By a very long mile even.
    Maybe, if the US laws were a bit more like the German, or say even European laws, since aside from the anti nazi laws they're all pretty similar, then you wouldn't have to book so many ppl, and less ppl would also kill each other in the US. Just as another idea in that regard.
    Except crime is mostly about economics so that makes little sense. For example Africans are one of the poorer groups in the modern era, so they will be in jail more. Europe is less racially diverse than the US.

Woulda shoulda coulda...
    No, US will never be like German or EU laws. Our laws are there for reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    from the reports I'm getting not from the liberal media it was Antifa that came looking for violence armed with bats and knives
    What is that "not liberal media" and what is the "liberal media"?

I prefer to wait for a police report btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Europe is less racially diverse than the US.
    That is uninformed nonsense.

Except crime is mostly about economics so that makes little sense. For example Africans are one of the poorer groups in the modern era, so they will be in jail more. Europe is less racially diverse than the US.
    That's a myth. Even when you adjust for poverty, African American crime rates are much higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're claiming that if the laws in the U.S. were more like European laws, Americans wouldn't break them and murder rates would drop?

Pretty bold claim there. You might want to read up on the ethnic make up and wealth distribution of the U.S. Here's a hint, it's nothing like Germany.

Every time I see someone mention Germany as the bastion of anything, I have to do a quick check through recorded history to make sure I didn't wake up in an alternate timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So you're claiming that if the laws in the U.S. were more like European laws, Americans wouldn't break them and murder rates would drop
    The incarceration rate is what I was aiming at.
    Here in the US people getting booked for shit, no one should ever be booked for at all.

The ethnic make up of Europe is more diverse than that of the US btw.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is uninformed nonsense.
    You're wrong. Europe has a higher percent of white people and a lower percent of POCs.

What is that "not liberal media" and what is the "liberal media"?

I prefer to wait for a police report btw.
    Also known as the mainstream media CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, NY Times, Washington Post, and so on

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    That's a myth. Even when you adjust for poverty, African American crime rates are much higher.
    Culture does play a role and there is some discrimination as well.

The incarceration rate is what I was aiming at.
    Here in the US people getting booked for shit, no one should ever be booked for at all.

The ethnic make up of Europe is more diverse than that of the US btw.
    Can you please name some?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Every time I see someone mention Germany as the bastion of anything, I have to do a quick check through recorded history to make sure I didn't wake up in an alternate timeline.
    I'm from the US and although i disagree with Wildtree, hes not saying anything about Germany. What he is trying to do is compare the US to other countries. Also just because Germany did bad things, doesn't mean its a bad country.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong. Europe has a higher percent of white people and a lower percent of POCs.
    You are aware that White isn't White?
    You are one country, Europe is many countries. Europe's ethnicity is a lot greater than that of the US.
    And within those various countries lives every race you can find on the planet, in higher populated regions than the US has.
    Only someone who has never lived over there can make such nonsensical claim about the US being more diverse.