Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Only problem is you can't actually use it to hit anyone because Ret's mobility in Legion is absolute shit, and our defenses are only slightly less than shit.
    good thing i can kill rouges and warriors before they kill me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I believe they said that the "Retribution" passive will not be included in our tuning, it will just be a bonus.
    Hahahahahaha....hahhaha.... wait, you're serious? let me laugh even harder HAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Things blizzard says, and things blizzard does, and things community wants are ten different things at least.

And if you sincerely believe in what they said, you probably how no idea about their doings in all those years, and your naive stance is a real blessing.

This won't last till 7.1 let me assure you, bonus or no, just wait for some random outrage, and then blizz will crawl back like a crab, "ok we will change smth","ok other stuff won't hit that hard while this is up!", "ok this have internal CD 3min!"...."well let's just remove that...and nerf retri pala just to be sure!" All in one single patch, be assured.

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    Hahahahahaha....hahhaha.... wait, you're serious? let me laugh even harder HAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Things blizzard says, and things blizzard does, and things community wants are ten different things at least.

And if you sincerely believe in what they said, you probably how no idea about their doings in all those years, and your naive stance is a real blessing.

This won't last till 7.1 let me assure you, bonus or no, just wait for some random outrage, and then blizz will crawl back like a crab, "ok we will change smth","ok other stuff won't hit that hard while this is up!", "ok this have internal CD 3min!"...."well let's just remove that...and nerf retri pala just to be sure!" All in one single patch, be assured.
    One can dream, I suppose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    good thing i can kill rouges and warriors before they kill me
    Only stupid ones who don't disengage when Retribution is active... It's not like you can catch them.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Only stupid ones who don't disengage when Retribution is active... It's not like you can catch them.
    that's why i use Eye for an Eye, it's amazing how it turned out to become one of the best anti melee tool in the game, it was so bad when it was first put into the game, now it's so good.

that's why i use Eye for an Eye, it's amazing how it turned out to become one of the best anti melee tool in the game, it was so bad when it was first put into the game, now it's so good.
    It's good if you can stop rougue from getting on your six.
    Now, can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's "great"... Against stupid people who are too oblivious to notice you activated it... All they have to do is disengage until it's gone, it's not like you can catch them...
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-06-21 at 03:38 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    warriors with 3 leap will just bunny hop away XDDDDDDDDDDD
    then charge back and melt you and they will do this EVERY SINGLE TIME you pop something big.

I quite like it. I can see everyone's frustration about changing it exc. but truly I think its fun

They should make it PvP only talent, so that it wont offset Blizzard's favorite child "PVE". Furthermore in rated pvp they should make that passive work not on death but if some1's hp drops below 35% hp, so that Retribution spec can for once attest to its name not to be a "free win" as it is now.

Currently there are Raids with 15+ Mages for speed kills on Iron Reaver. After the pre-patch, there will be a Raid with 19 ret Paladins and a Resto Shaman who sacfrifices himself twice - at pull (Ankh) and at 10sec (Totem) for fast kill times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    They should make it PvP only talent, so that it wont offset Blizzard's favorite child "PVE". Furthermore in rated pvp they should make that passive work not on death but if some1's hp drops below 35% hp, so that Retribution spec can for once attest to its name not to be a "free win" as it is now.
    They clearly didn't have rated arenas in mind when they designed something this stupid.
    Every legion changes seems targeted for stupid bg spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    They clearly didn't have rated arenas in mind when they designed something this stupid.
    Every legion changes seems targeted for stupid bg spam.
    I think u are on the right path here, i think they did not have Rated PvP in mind at all when designing Ret Paladin, just for random bg spam =)

After progression this passive is going to be such a headache when you are trying to parse.

Deleted
    Hey guy, is there any reliable theorycraft for Retribution atm or is it completly abandoned?

7+ Year Old Account
    Solsacra's keeping it up to date, but under wraps given the fluctuating numbers etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is still tuning to be done so trying to figure out the changes every week ends up being futile since next week a patch can change things a lot. The closer we get to the prepatch we should expect safer conclusions about the spec.

It should not matter in casual pvp, since ppl can kite you in a straight line, and if they do not want you to, ull never catch them. I was watching some Savix’s recent legion duels, the thing made me smile is that Legion’s Ret kitting consists of mash down “W”, he was dueling a DH, DH popped Blur + meta form, savix just ran away mashin “W”. I hope every1 got a spare key board, since ull be mashing that “W” button very very hard while trying to catch range or run away =)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    It should not matter in casual pvp, since ppl can kite you in a straight line, and if they do not want you to, ull never catch them. I was watching some Savix’s recent legion duels, the thing made me smile is that Legion’s Ret kitting consists of mash down “W”, he was dueling a DH, DH popped Blur + meta form, savix just ran away mashin “W”. I hope every1 got a spare key board, since ull be mashing that “W” button very very hard while trying to catch range or run away =)
    then neglects that he has a slow on all his opponents all game, of which one of his duels consisted of a mage who bitched all duel saying things like "wtf i cant even move im so slow"

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    then neglects that he has a slow on all his opponents all game, of which one of his duels consisted of a mage who bitched all duel saying things like "wtf i cant even move im so slow"
    Lol ya i saw that, but lets be honest that mage was terrible he didnt play his spec correctly, he was running away instead of using Dragon breath into Armageddon or pyro blast. One of the prev videos Savix stated that he has issues catching up to fire mages. Personally i dont have issues with mages in duels, i care more about Arena/RBG balance. Personally i find dueling Good DPS DKs/WW much more annoying than mages, so i gotta wait till Legion to test those duels myself.