Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Doesnt that make you a victim if someone has illegally entered your home? Even if its a stranger only 35% of the time, thats about 90000 people or so... which is a lot more victims than I like.
    Victim of violence. Ie, most people are there to steal your stuff and run if confronted. Also it notes that 61% of offenders were unarmed when the violence occurred, and of those who experienced violence only 9% sustained serious injuries, 36% sustaining minor injuries.

Basically an aggressive home invader unknown to the victim, willing to and successful in seriously injuring them, versus an armed home occupant... that's unlikely in the extreme.

Even in the US :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    It's alright, the finest class of Keyboard Murderers are on the Case.
    Its called justified homicide.

/tiphat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Its called justified homicide.
    So, if you get mad at your pal who is chilling at your crib, and you decied to shoot him, you think you are doing Justified Homicide?

You are justifying taking away another persons life, with no other virtue than that of your own fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Victim of violence. Ie, most people are there to steal your stuff and run if confronted. Also it notes that 61% of offenders were unarmed when the violence occurred, and of those who experienced violence only 9% sustained serious injuries, 36% sustaining minor injuries.

Basically an aggressive home invader unknown to the victim, willing to and successful in seriously injuring them, versus an armed home occupant... that's unlikely in the extreme.

Even in the US :P
    So who wants to volunteer for those odds when you have a spouse and kids?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I'm not disputing your data FYI.

- - - Updated - - -

So, if you get mad at your pal who is chilling at your crib, and you decied to shoot him, you think you are doing Justified Homicide?
    What does that have to do with the subject of the thread? No, that would be murder. wtf

Deleted
    What does that have to do with the subject of the thread? No, that would be murder. wtf
    Then where is your supposed logic? You have no other justification than your own feeling of being threatened or Afraid.

I'd like to consider myself a bit of both. I don't go out trying to pee on peoples leg to establish dominance. However, if you violate my home I will go apex predator on that ass.

:P
    The homoeroticism in this comment is so thick you could eat it with a spoon.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    What if you get angry at your friend and tell him to leave your home, but he refuses and takes a swing at your face. Would it be okay to shoot him then?

What if you come home and find him banging your wife?
    So is there any particular reason the goalposts are being moved?

- - - Updated - - -

The homoeroticism in this comment is so thick you could eat it with a spoon.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Well this one time at band camp...

So who wants to volunteer for those odds when you have a spouse and kids?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I'm not disputing your data FYI.
    If you're asking me what I'd do in this situation, well it depends a lot on details we don't have in the original article. Might come out later in the trial?

I wouldn't just walk in and perform a summary execution regardless though. I'd call the police and if it seemed safe try to detain him. If he ran, I guess I'd have to let him go.

Actually a camera might be a better weapon than a gun in that instance.

If he did actually attack me or my fictional kids? Well I'd defend myself with whatever force seemed necessary. Maybe lethal. Depends.

If you're asking me what I'd do in this situation, well it depends a lot on details we don't have in the original article. Might come out later in the trial?

I wouldn't just walk in and perform a summary execution regardless though. I'd call the police and if it seemed safe try to detain him. If he ran, I guess I'd have to let him go.

Actually a camera might be a better weapon than a gun in that instance.
    I highly doubt she opened the closet and said, "Its hiiiiigh noon" waited 3 seconds and then once the red circle locked shot him. My guess is she heard something, got her gun, opened door, startled to see a dude in closet and he got a lead sandwich in an instant.

But, anything is possible I suppose.

Then where is your supposed logic? You have no other justification than your own feeling of being threatened or Afraid.
    Let's see, you invited your friend over. An intruder broke into your house and is hiding in your child's room.. Same thing right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstand. It has nothing to do with pondering or considering other action. If I had not make it crystal clear (though I've said as much numerous times now) - you will get shot if you break into my home. I have no want, desire, or drive to restrain you or contemplate your ill fated choice of entering my home. None. Zero. Zilch.

I put my dogs safety above someone who enters my home without invitation.

Is that clear enough?
    Someone hopped over my friends fence a week ago and shot their dog who was practically like family.

Seeing how devastated his family was I really hope the perpetrator gets a harsh sentence. Thankfully there were witnesses and he has prior felonies.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Let's see, you invited your friend over. An intruder broke into your house and is hiding in your child's room.. Same thing right?
    Neither person implies a direct threat, more so than their unwelcome pressence.

Thus, if the supposed "friend", becomes "unwelcome", he could effectively be in the same seat as the "intruder".

Funny, isn't it.

Thus, if the supposed "friend", becomes "unwelcome", he could effectively be in the same seat as the "intruder".

Funny, isn't it.
    The person who illegally broke into your house and is in your child's room doesn't pose a threat?

Funny, isn't it.
    [Logical Fallacy Alert]

/dives for cover

I highly doubt she opened the closet and said, "Its hiiiiigh noon" waited 3 seconds and then once the red circle locked shot him. My guess is she heard something, got her gun, opened door, startled to see a dude in closet and he got a lead sandwich in an instant.

But, anything is possible I suppose.
    You mean "it's high... urghglrllrlll..."

Anyway what if the intruder was Genji!?

10+ Year Old Account
    3 years ago a women was in a car accident and injured her head. She wandered up to some house looking for help. The homeowner saw fit to shoot her dead while defending his castle.

One time I was climbing in Zion and I suffered a concussion. Somehow I managed to hike 5 miles back to the campground without remembering how I got there. Crawled into the wrong tent though. The couple that found me in their tent were kind enough to feed me soup and call the paramedics, instead of shooting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    3 years ago a women was in a car accident and injured her head. She wandered up to some house looking for help. The homeowner saw fit to shoot her dead while defending his castle.
    And he was charged with murder. Do you know the difference between that and this story? I mean there are a couple of key elements...

One time I was climbing in Zion and I suffered a concussion. Somehow I managed to hike 5 miles back to the campground without remembering how I got there. Crawled into the wrong tent though. The couple that found me in their tent were kind enough to feed me soup and call the paramedics, instead of shooting me.
    Great wonderful, still another apples to oranges comparison.

If it was a white guy shoot a black man they would be calling for a hanging of the shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I never said to hesitate if they're threatening you. I even specifically said if they came at me I would shoot them and I think it's fine to do so. We don't know if that's what happened. For all we know this guy was asleep when he got shot. Like I said in my former posts, I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself but I also would go straight to shooting someone if they're not an immediate threat and just because they break in, doesn't make them an immediate threat.
    Well you are entitled to your opinion and more than welcome to roll the dice so you can sleep good at night.

Great thing about America, you can chose what risks you do or do not want to take.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The person who illegally broke into your house and is in your child's room doesn't pose a threat?
    Does it conclude shooting them, as the only rational, sane option?

And does it make it less of a Dressed up version of an Emotionally justified homicide?

"I felt threatened, i killed them."

[Logical Fallacy Alert]

/dives for cover
    Where's the logical fallacy?