Thread: Eredar clothing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Or Eredars just wear whatever they want, just like people in real life. It's very frequent that you see dudes that are fully clothed and next to them are a bunch of girls only wearing short shorts and a t-shirt that only reaches down to their ribs. and on the other side of the spectrum you don't often see women walk around topless in just shorts on a hot day, it's usually just men that do that, though it's not as common as people are making it out to be.

TL;DR Men and women being unequally covered up is not sexist, it's realistic. genders are different and there's no need to balance every-single-fucking-thing
    Last edited by mmoc04689abd70; 2016-06-26 at 08:47 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    Or Eredars just wear whatever they want, just like people in real life. It's very frequent that you see dudes that are fully clothed and next to them are a bunch of girls only wearing short shorts and a t-shirt that only reaches down to their ribs. and on the other side of the spectrum you don't often see women walk around topless in just shorts on a hot day, it's usually just men that do that, though it's not as common as people are making it out to be.

TL;DR Men and women being unequally covered up is not sexist, it's realistic. genders are different and there's no need to balance every-single-fucking-thing
    Yeah, but we've seen the eredar, of both sexes, wearing next to nothing before.

(Just wondering. Do you think I am a feminist or a MRA? Just asking)
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

7+ Year Old Account
    @TheImperios

Yes you are coming off as a feminist or MRA due to the argument you are trying to create. You may not be actually; you just may be partial to the topic of treating both genders the same via clothing.

However, the fact you literally are bringing up this as a legitimate argument makes people treat you as one. This thread could have been about wanting to transmog you gear to whatever these eredar NPCs were wearing. Hell, you may have wanted ideas for cosplay or w/e it is called to dress up as IRL.

The simple fact is, while you have a valid concern in regards to the portrayal of either gender in a video game, you are bringing up this concern on a forum not dedicated to this topic of discussion. As you can see by the replies so far, not many share your concern and believe it to be trivial. Something a long the lines of "go find make mountains out of mud elsewhere" and I have to agree.

If this post was under the off-topic part of the forum and was titled differently - titled a way to express your concern directly - I could see more constructive replies.

This thread hasn't devolved into a s**tfest yet, but it will.

ON TOPIC-- I do not think there is an obligation to treat both genders equally in terms of clothing. This game is a fantasy game not based on reality. If the game was much more realistic - like The Sims, GTA, or even Real Life Simulator 9000 - AND it was as popular as WoW is, I'm sure this would much more appropriate of a topic. But unfortunately it is not, and the creators/maintainers reserve the right to portray whichever fantasy they choose to convey to its player base.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2016-06-27 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post

I'm assuming MRA is Mens Rights Activist. Considering you wanted equal diversity for both genders I'm assuming feminist. To avoid any confusion, feminism is (supposed to be) about gender equality, not just female rights

I'm assuming MRA is Mens Rights Activist. Considering you wanted equal diversity for both genders I'm assuming feminist. To avoid any confusion, feminism is (supposed to be) about gender equality, not just female rights
    That's egalitarianism.

Modern day feminism is redundant at it's best, and a magnet for toxicity at it's worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there we have it :P

People always assume feminism is the cause. My theory is in fact that not getting women clothed in anything risky is cowardice on Blizzard's part, trying not to do anything racy so as not to offend feminists and deflect the accusations of objectification. That I do not agree with. People should not be afraid, even though I am normally with feminists on that.
    Last edited by TheImperios; 2016-06-27 at 06:24 AM.

Eh, you missed my point. The problem is that *girls* are dressed while boys are not. That is kind of hypocritical and cowardly. I think they should have both forms of dress be mixed more or less evenly across the genders or something.
    Sexual dimorphism.
    Examples:

Guppy - only males "wear" colorful and big fins. Females are mostly grey.

Celebes Crested Macaques - the females attract males with their gigantic red buttocks.

So why can't the female eredar be the "attractive" part, trying to seduce big males with their looks? They are not humans, so why should human rules apply to this species?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

And now we see eredar, of both sexes, being fully clothed.

So i'm going to assume you just want to see half naked Eredar and would like to remind you that the Legion is staging a fucking invasion, when running around half naked is grounds for getting disciplined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    So why can't the female eredar be the "attractive" part, trying to seduce big males with their looks? They are not humans, so why should human rules apply to this species?
    You missed my point. Blizzard is making them less sexualised, which I can only understand as an act of gutless cowardice and laziness. If you wish to sate feminists, make them sexualised but more tastefully or something. Do not remove the sexualisation and nudity which was present in both sexes of the eredar race from its very inception.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And now we see eredar, of both sexes, being fully clothed.

So i'm going to assume you just want to see half naked Eredar and would like to remind you that the Legion is staging a fucking invasion, when running around half naked is grounds for getting disciplined.
    Well, there are still half-naked Eredar males, so why not the females?

Eredar aren't meant to wear very much in clothing, that's how they've always been portrayed. They're supposed to look "sinful".

Though tbh Eredar have never looked particularly demonic in Wow, unlike their artwork or Wc3 models. They're supposed to have claws, fangs and long evil looking tails, but Blizzard's insistence on making them look like red Draenei has ruined their image somewhat.

Why shouldn't the Eredar be sexist?
    It is an imaginary world with imaginary rules and societies.

Why not make a race that has very skewed or barbaric cultural rules?
    It adds to the diversity of the game when you have such crazy extremes living in the same universe.

Stop trying to make everything fair, equal and balanced.
    It makes sense in certain things like class performance and the competitive nature of WoW.
    But forcing the same "social views and norms" on every race in the Warcraft universe is just shallow and unimaginative...

And there we have it :P

People always assume feminism is the cause. My theory is in fact that not getting women clothed in anything risky is cowardice on Blizzard's part, trying not to do anything racy so as not to offend feminists and deflect the accusations of objectification. That I do not agree with. People should not be afraid, even though I am normally with feminists on that.
    Your assumption is wrong. Blizzard IS NOT Cowardly towards any particular ideology

They're Cowardly in General. Don't get me wrong, I love Blizzard's work — despite the content drought I still love WoW, I like Hearthstone, I really enjoy HotS and I'm getting into Overwatch. But Blizzard IS an incredibly cowardly company. Where your mistake lies is that you think they're doing anything preemptively to avoid criticism, they change things after they're complained about — the fact that one group complains louder is really quite immaterial.

Seriously, Blizzard games have tons of examples of potentially brave and challenging storylines. None of them have ever been touched on. WoW is full of potentially deep, complicated storylines with varying shades of completely correct morality. Instead we get Harrison Jones. Diablo could ask questions about the Tyranny of Heaven in most religions but is instead largely diametric. Blizzard doesn't do CHALLENGING. Blizzard does near competitive level backing down.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Why shouldn't the Eredar be sexist?
    It is an imaginary world with imaginary rules and societies.

Why not make a race that has very skewed or barbaric cultural rules?
    It adds to the diversity of the game when you have such crazy extremes living in the same universe.

Stop trying to make everything fair, equal and balanced.
    It makes sense in certain things like class performance and the competitive nature of WoW.
    But forcing the same "social views and norms" on every race in the Warcraft universe is just shallow and unimaginative...
    But there was no precedence of eredar women being more demure before.

I like how everyone attacks my point because of how I worded the concern. I should have written "Feminazis censoring Blizzard forcing Eredar women to wear dresses"
    Last edited by TheImperios; 2016-06-27 at 02:11 PM.

But there was no precedence of eredar women being more demure before.
    I like how everyone attacks my point because of how I worded the concern. I should have written "Feminazis censoring Blizzard forcing Eredar women to wear dresses"
    Some eredar women are clothed, some are not.
    It could be due to tribe/cult/culture/fashion/rank/age or just personal preference.

It could also be so because female draenei's model is awful for mounting various types of gear, due to oversized legs+hoofs and tiny shoulders.

Personally i like as much variety as possible, be it naked or cloth-to-plate or magical armor, or even a mix of various types.

Addition: and yea, blizzard is incredibly shallow and "cowardly" in their stories and lore, they generally avoid anything that might even look to appear to resemble as controversial.