Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Is it just me or does everyone else notice that the kid wasn't in the room when the guy broke in?

She came home, found a stranger in her home and killed him. Maybe he was a pedo, maybe he was a burgular, as far as we know his only crime was B&E. I guess the punishment for that is death.
    It can be in a Castle state, he should have made better choices if he valued his life.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

There is little detail about this story other than we know the man was in the wrong but yet people are so quick to judge her

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Sure it does. There's a big difference between breaking into an empty house with the intention to steal shit and breaking into a currently occupied house with the intention of bringing physical arm to people. Intention makes a HUGE difference in crimes. Otherwise we wouldn't have different types of murder.

It only doesn't matter now because he's dead and dead men tell no tales.
    I get your point, but from the mothers stand point, it doesnt matter, all that matters is "man in home, protect family".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is little detail about this story other than we know the man was in the wrong but yet people are so quick to judge her
    There's little detail to determine if the man was even in the right state of mind to know right from wrong. If he was mentally ill/unstable sure he's still dangerous and unpredictable but that doesn't make him "wrong". Doesn't make the woman's actions "wrong" either. There's no way of telling at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't actually see much judging of her going on, simply people that are not quick to jump on the, "Yay for shooting people!" bandwagon.
    Unfortunately that's how some perceive us who don't get excited over the prospect of a dead human, intruder or not.

Quote Originally Posted by vradar View Post
    Why would she take that risk when her children are at risk never mind herself, she could easily get rushed and either not get a shot off or miss while trying to call the police or get distracted by her kids and then he could kill all of them.
    People watch too many movies, they think every bullet fired lands exactly where aimed, every time, no matter the circumstance. When in practice, its VERY possible to miss a shot from 10 feet, with fear and adrenaline pumping through you. Anything other than putting the threat down, puts the family, IMO, in unnecessary risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Unfortunately that's how some perceive us who don't get excited over the prospect of a dead human, intruder or not.
    Actually using terms like "excited" for dead bodies probably is what doesn't win you hearts and minds.

Just my 2 cents offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Seems like too much force if he didn't threaten anyone
    Come on man, you can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    She could him at gunpoint while calling the police, telling him to not move
    When are you going to grow up and join the real world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Actually using terms like "excited" for dead bodies probably is what doesn't win you hearts and minds.

Just my 2 cents offered.
    Well not for sensible people such as yourself but a few replies in here are... disturbing, to say the least. But maybe a bit harsh, yes. Mainly I don't want my suspicions to come off as "judging" this woman I'm just wondering how it actually went down. All we know is a stranger was in her home, and she was armed. At face value that's a pretty simple conclusion but dig a bit deeper and this may be more complicated than that.

While I am against guns, killing people trespassing and all that, I honestly can't blame the mother here. A man is in her house, in the middle of the night, and she has 2 kids with her she got to protect.

I realize that but my main, main concern is how was she already strapped and ready to shoot when entering the house? Were there signs of forced entry and she decided to investigate herself before calling the police? Does she just walk around strapped at all times in her home and regularly checks rooms for intruders? Again, where were the kids?

Personally if I saw signs of someone in my home I'd call the police, keep my children away, and wait until they arrive to investigate themselves. Seems like too big a risk to enter your home if you know a stranger is in there.
    I don't know. I thought it was said they had come home and she was carrying, probably legally. So they come home from a trip and she goes to drop some bags off and sees an intruder. Thats how I saw it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't know. I thought it was said they had come home and she was carrying, probably legally. So they come home from a trip and she goes to drop some bags off and sees an intruder. Thats how I saw it anyway.
    That's how I read it too but its when entering the house bit that has me curious. Not that it really changes anything, as I'm sure she's still within her right to enter her home and defend it, even if she knows a strangers inside. But the whereabouts of the kids will really tell how this really went down. Again, changes nothing but that's a huge risk to take if you knowingly do that.

That isn't a straw man. Its just more likely that the man was there to cause some sort of harm.. instead of your ridiculous scenario, that he broke into someones home by accident, because I guess he forgot where he lives, and thats how he normally enters his own home?
    A Strawman is misrepresenting someone's argument. I said he may have been senile.

You argued that dementia isn't "widespread" in 59 year olds, therefor I'm wrong. Are 59 year old men attacking children in their bedrooms a common, widespread thing in the U.S? I'm genuinely curious, because if this isn't a common, "widespread", occurrence, I fail to see how your original argument has anything to do with my point.

In fact, you used a straw man by throwing dementia out there....
    LOL What?

Someone suggested he might have been drunk and entered the wrong home. This happened in Canada A few months ago- except instead of getting shot he got a free beer.

And I pointed out that at 59, he could have been "senile"- such as with Alzeihmer's, which isn't unheard of at 59- and also has happened

A 72 year old man (About one decade older) was shot for getting confused about which house was his in 2013.

When being pointed out of arguing a strawman, arguing "You DID it first" is a tu quoque argument by the way.
    Last edited by SidFwuff; 2016-06-27 at 09:23 PM.

This is why people need an alarm. She and the police would have been alerted to his presence long before she came home with the kids. They will install for free and you pay like $1 per day for active monitoring. Easily worth it.

Maybe she knew the guy and called him over to the house and then shot him for whatever reason while claiming, "But the children!" as a defense!

#MakingStuffUp

So conspiracy theories?

Well not for sensible people such as yourself but a few replies in here are... disturbing, to say the least. But maybe a bit harsh, yes. Mainly I don't want my suspicions to come off as "judging" this woman I'm just wondering how it actually went down. All we know is a stranger was in her home, and she was armed. At face value that's a pretty simple conclusion but dig a bit deeper and this may be more complicated than that.
    To be fair, I'm sort of having trouble of thinking of a sort of realistic scenario in which the 59 year old man was actually a good guy that got caught in an unlucky scenario. I know strange things can happen but this just seems too improbable. Like maybe the 59 year old man was actually her uncle, and the girl got amnesia on the way home and forgot that her uncle was at the house (or what he looked like) and she shot him? I know someone mentioned that maybe the guy was kidnapped, escaped from his kidnappers, and needed a place to hide, so he picked that house and that room. I mean if it was something weird like that, I'd be all for deeper thought here but I just don't see these scenarios as being remotely realistic.

As far as people taking joy in the guy's death, I think that's what you're suggesting, I don't think anyone is really doing that. I know sometimes on these forums people get a little carried away with their responses, I do as well (like when I suggested this guy probably voted for Bernie Sanders lol), but anyone that just thinks "yay! a guy got shot and killed" is wrong. I don't think many people really share this opinion though. Just based off of the details, which I'll admit aren't many, it really does sound like the guy was up to no good. While his identity hasn't been revealed, it sounds like the police do know who he is, judging by the fact that they know his age, and the fact that the lady hasn't been arrested, it seems highly probable that she didn't do anything wrong.

Deleted
    Spoiler alert:
    1. It was the baby sitter.
    2. It was the biological father.
    3. It was a drunk man who took a wrong turn.

But i guess whats this about is:
    YAAAY! GO GUNS! MORE GUNS!

Amirite?

Wow, what gave it away? The hashtag? The grin?

Man, you really are like a steel trap, nothing escapes you. Well played, Holmes.
    I know double sarcasm when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by user12317 View Post
    Your signature gave me AIDs. Are people seriously that fucking retarded? You expect to put on a wig and that makes you a woman. WTF? If you're born with a dick, you're a man. If you're born with a vagina, you're a woman. If you're born with neither or both, you're a fucking freak. Period. And the left will never win "the fight" against the 1% because in order for a fight to exist an enemy has to be acknowledged and we don't acknowledge you liberal moralfag sapiosexual dumbfucks.

As for the article, what a fucking shitpost. Some fucking shitstain got killed because he snuck into some kid's room. Why is this bad?
    If I want to identify as a black woman but I'm really a white man who are you to tell me I can't?