Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Keeping the WoD system would have produced ~10% difference in gear, reducible to 0%, with no other sources of power.

You don't read the posts you are replying to.
    Wrong. Try reading the damn blue post I linked.

The fact that you think the difference in 700 and 730 ivl in PvP is only 10% in WoD shows your stupidity.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2016-06-27 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    "For comparison, that’s roughly the same increase that a mere 10 item level increase gives in Warlords of Draenor." --- surprise, in "Warlords of Draenor", they boost and cap the ilvl of gear of those who enter a BG or arena, producing the same 10 item level difference. This has been said at least three times now, I guess we should say it ten times so that you finally read it.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you think the difference in 700 and 730 ivl in PvP is only 10% in WoD shows your stupidity.
    The difference is between 730 and 740, because getting 730 is a matter of hours.

And you only got to know about boost / cap today in this thread, it's evident because you are citing 730 instead of 740 as a cap.

"For comparison, that’s roughly the same increase that a mere 10 item level increase gives in Warlords of Draenor." --- surprise, in "Warlords of Draenor", they boost and cap the ilvl of gear of those who enter a BG or arena, producing the same 10 item level difference. This has been said at least three times now, I guess we should say it ten times so that you finally read it.
    The difference is more than 10 ilvls. More like 30-40.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is between 730 and 740, because getting 730 is a matter of hours.

And you only got to know about boost / cap today in this thread, it's evident because you are citing 730 instead of 740 as a cap.
    Keep trying. I said nothing about a cap.

The difference is more than 10 ilvls. More like 30-40.

Keep trying. I said nothing about a cap.
    OK, since you insist on parroting the same nonsense without even acknowledging the replies, there's no reason to keep talking. Have fun being ignorant, just don't cry when you try PVPing and it suddenly is skewed worse than before.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet certain unwise individuals do not grasp that keeping the WoD system would have seen a 100% difference in power between ilvl 800 and 900.

And then all the other things added on top of that (artifact traits, honor talents, etc).

They can also tweak the templates any time they want. Example: 10 ilvls = 0.5% increase in stats instead of 1%.
    Once again you fail to realize that going by WoD's system the new character's ilvl would get upscaled, JUST LIKE IT CURRENTLY HAPPENS. Jesus some people cant even process 1+1.

You keep posting random incoherent garbage failing to grasp a very simple concept. New characters will have it harder in Legion compared to WoD.
    Last edited by Livevil; 2016-06-27 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Once again you fail to realize that going by WoD's system the new character's ilvl would get upscaled, JUST LIKE IT CURRENTLY HAPPENS. Jesus some people cant even process 1+1.

You keep posting random incoherent garbage failing to grasp a very simple concept. New characters will have it harder in Legion compared to WoD.
    There is still a 30 ilvl difference in gear in WoD. New characters should have it harder in Legion. Trashran make gearing up a damn joke, and promoted premades and afks moreso than normal because of it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is still a 30 ilvl difference in gear in WoD. New characters should have it harder in Legion. Trashran make gearing up a damn joke, and promoted premades and afks moreso than normal because of it.
    So i'm guessing you realized you fucked up making all these clueless posts in the previous page so you changed course 180 degrees. In the previous page you were all "they are trying to attract people in pvp", "the difference won't be as big" and now you go "ermagherd wod is so easy", "gearing is a joke", "new chars should have it harder". HAHAHA

That's 100% pure MMO-C quality posting 101. Nice conversing with you. I'll step out now and wait for the next clueless random that's gonna repeat what you said in the previous page.

Atm on beta my lvl 110 leveling character has a huge disadvantage vs the premade pvp chars. Without any farming, just using the artifact power you get while leveling (11 points) I had around 400k less hp then those chars with full artifact (34 artifact points, not counting the massive grind that will be another 20 points for 10% extra dps/heal.)

Without any grinding done at 110, I entered a BG that was filled with just premade toons, my hp was 1,6M vs others with 2M hp. So just by missing those 23 artifact points I lose 400k hp, this is without all the other dps increases you get from the talents. Right now pvp reward bags are much slower for gaining AP then world quests/dungeons, so yes new players will still have it hard in pvp. And lets not forget about offspecs which will be even worse, since less artifact points to spend = less stamina + other benefits.

I suppose disabling artifact powers would fix the advantage against new players, but that would really cripple alot of the specs.
    For people that hate questing or grinding dungeons, Legion will be much worse for you as a pvper then WoD will ever be, because you will never keep up in power with someone who farms world quests untill there is a point where everyone caps out their artifacts.

All of this is without even including the small increases you gain from having higher ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobisi View Post
    -snip-
    Also don’t forget about the PvP talents. New players will have to start with no pvp talents, while PvPers who are playing mains, will have them fully unlocked, which is a big advantage in pvp not only extra dmg, survival and utility but in some cases extra CC abilities. Ya not quite sure how or why Blizzard believes that legion will be pvp “friendlier” to new players than WoD.

The fact that you think were discussing the difference between 700 and 730, and not 730 and 740 shows that you cant read.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Um no they said prestige is for nolifers who miss vanilla
    I realize that but Holinka is trying to say it is for the casual player (prestige).

Honestly I think the complaints from pure/hardcore Pvpers are going to be ridiculous when legion launches, now they don't notice the insane grind because you get a fully upgraded artifact and pvp talents on beta, but when legion launches they'll have to farm dungeons/world quests 24/7 to stay competitive, and there are a lot of pvp players that dislike those activities.

Artifacts should be equalised in PVP if you want balance, whether it's PVP or PVE the new/late guy is fucked because they are a long term investment with a high power gain, a bit like the Legendary ring was. Its been a while since I tested PVP on the beta but the PVP talents contributed to making it a fucking embarrassing mess in BG's, and unless Artifacts are equalised there will never be balance.

I should clarify though, I think the artifact system itself is terrible... Gotta have that expansion long power grind to keep your char progressing, keep that subscription rolling. It's pretty much the opposite of what I personally want, which is just a more traditional short term gearing system where skill/gameplay is the primary factor, especially in PVP you don't want to completely gimp people who are late to the party.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-06-28 at 05:41 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4