Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well could say that Havoc became not that interesting when nerfbats start to hit around
    now i mostly use button number one and time to time 2 and 3
    Vengeance is so much different there is so much buttons to use i still have no idea what half of them doing
    Havoc is pretty sweet still, its just far more Artifact reliant now which is both a good and bad thing, The frequent demon form build is awesome for some crazy burst dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya I will be playing Blood DK and Vengeance DH. I have chosen! Oh the new change to Soul Cleave is pretty good, uses 30-60 pain increasing its damage based on the amount used, it was a very nice little dump for those back to back blade turning procs.
    Exactly. The way you manage your Pain is key. If you time it and plan correctly, you're a juggernaut.

Deleted
    I gotta say that a big reason why i find demon hunters fun is that they're the most enjoyable to move around and explore the world with (and a godsend if you like getting to off-limits zones, even managed to climb more than halfway up that big tower in silvermoon where the leader is). The double Jump feels pretty fun, all the dashing or leaping is enjoyable and gliding around looks really cool and is really convenient.
    As for actual pve, I think everyone can agree that vengeance trumps havoc in terms of fun and diversity, but depending on talents and personal preference Havoc can be pretty fun

I have not tested PvE whatsoever so this is PvP point of view only:

Havoc - One of the worst pvp specs in the game by far:

- Claims to have mobility, but it can't get away from other melee because other melee have more mobility than DHs, they don't
    have a root break or a snare so they get kited easily by non-brain dead people.

- The class "fantasy" labels them as agile low armored warriors, you'd think they would have more staying power, but they die in a stun after trinket is down, you're
    also forced to use meta early to activate your leeching effect otherwise you just drop. As DHs you can't really run away since the only way to heal yourself is to attack ppl.

- DHs defensive CDs are among the worst in the game, blur does almost nothing and darkness needs to be talented to even be remotely good and even then you drop it on the ground and can't move out of it otherwise it's a waste.

Vengeance: Ironically the tank spec plays so much better than the DPs one in PvP.
    - I feel that DHs interested in PvP will have to play tank spec to be relevant, otherwise what's the point of bringing a DH, just bring a rogue instead, since rogues are x1000 times better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I have not tested PvE whatsoever so this is PvP point of view only:

Havoc - One of the worst pvp specs in the game by far:

- Claims to have mobility, but it can't get away from other melee because other melee have more mobility than DHs, they don't
    have a root break or a snare so they get kited easily by non-brain dead people.

- The class "fantasy" labels them as agile low armored warriors, you'd think they would have more staying power, but they die in a stun after trinket is down, you're
    also forced to use meta early to activate your leeching effect otherwise you just drop. As DHs you can't really run away since the only way to heal yourself is to attack ppl.

- DHs defensive CDs are among the worst in the game, blur does almost nothing and darkness needs to be talented to even be remotely good and even then you drop it on the ground and can't move out of it otherwise it's a waste.

Vengeance: Ironically the tank spec plays so much better than the DPs one in PvP.
    - I feel that DHs interested in PvP will have to play tank spec to be relevant, otherwise what's the point of bringing a DH, just bring a rogue instead, since rogues are x1000 times better.
    I think the main thing that should be addressed is Fel Rush needs to break snares and roots.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got my own beta key yesterday actually, so I decided to try it out.

Gotta say that the rotation is not more simple than other classes. Everyone make it sounds like any class except the DH is rocket science, while forgetting that all classes has received pruning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    2 - If you boil down every spec to it's main abilities you will only have 2-3 buttons, especially for single target rotations. You are ignoring CDs, interrupts, AoE, etc etc.
    I just want to say that most of the legion specs have 3-4 rotational abilities + cooldowns + non-passive talent choices. I'm interested in demon hunter, but one of the main rotational abilities can be talented away, there's very little interaction. Some builds have more abilities, absolutely, no question. It's going to come down to tuning, and that's the problem I have with it.

My main grip with momentum is that even if they would fix animation cancel it wouldn't change the fact that DH has been comercialized as a mobile warrior but the current best spec take away that mobility.

A momentum DH is less mobile then a warrior in full plate weilding 2x two-handed mace since you must waste your mobility tool in order to buff your damage.

Warrior don't have to waste heroic leap + charge in their rotation. They can keep it for when they need mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Warrior don't have to waste heroic leap + charge in their rotation. They can keep it for when they need mobility.
    Actually, they do have to use it in their rotation. It's called "Heroic Charge" and if you want to play the current arms specc above average you need to do it to generate enough rage so you are not rage starved when not taking the "Dauntless" talent (and even with it you sometimes need that additional rage). This can change in the future of course (e.g. when you get the legendary warrior gloves that refund rage after each mortal strike) but until then: You chose a really bad example

Also as demon hunter, even with the momentum build you abilities recharge so fast, that it really does not matter. You have your mobility when you need them. Of course you can go really, really unlucky, but that is almost never happening. Demon Hunter has it problems, that is true, but this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by frankyv View Post
    After playing havoc I just can't go back to my warrior.
    This is what is what I thought, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    This is what is what I thought, too.
    Havoc feels like what fury should. RIP 8 year warrior main :'(

Havoc feels like what fury should. RIP 8 year warrior main :'(
    I switched to Warrior main right when Cataclysm started and have played him from then to current. However Fury feels so awkward and while Arms feels good again, I have a bad feeling Fury will be the best DPS specialization AGAIN. I also love Vengeance and I want to play my main class to its maximum capability.

Goodbye Warrior mains.

It depends on if you like a more simple or complicated class. I find Havoc simple, but fun. At higher levels, they feel powerful, and healing from killing things makes me feel pretty near invincible. They remind me (a tiny bit) of early Monks, weaving back and forth from a generator move, to a spender move (though, to be clear, they aren't very much like Monks otherwise). They have a ton of mobility, so that can be fun as well. Eye Beam is my favorite move to use, ever.

I can imagine they would be frustrating to fight against in PvP, and I can see why some people have disliked how they play for PvP.

I haven't played as a tank yet, but I will say the majority of dungeons I've done, there's been a DH tank. They've done very well as a tank.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I switched to Warrior main right when Cataclysm started and have played him from then to current. However Fury feels so awkward and while Arms feels good again, I have a bad feeling Fury will be the best DPS specialization AGAIN. I also love Vengeance and I want to play my main class to its maximum capability.

Goodbye Warrior mains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It depends on if you like a more simple or complicated class. I find Havoc simple, but fun. At higher levels, they feel powerful, and healing from killing things makes me feel pretty near invincible. They remind me (a tiny bit) of early Monks, weaving back and forth from a generator move, to a spender move (though, to be clear, they aren't very much like Monks otherwise). They have a ton of mobility, so that can be fun as well. Eye Beam is my favorite move to use, ever.

I can imagine they would be frustrating to fight against in PvP, and I can see why some people have disliked how they play for PvP.

I haven't played as a tank yet, but I will say the majority of dungeons I've done, there's been a DH tank. They've done very well as a tank.
    I am determined to become proficient at both specs. I believe vengeance will be the pvp spec like arms used to be for warrior. Plus it'll be easier to pug 5mans and WQ's as a tank. Half my leveling will be havoc and the other half vengeance. It's just a lot of abilities on vengeance that are definitely not on havoc, gonna take a bit to get used to.

Half my leveling will be havoc and the other half vengeance. It's just a lot of abilities on vengeance that are definitely not on havoc, gonna take a bit to get used to.
    I will level to maximum as Vengeance while storing my Artifact Power items for my Havoc Artifact.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of agree on the warrior comparison. Havoc DH feels very good to the point that rolling dps warrior feels a bit lackluster by comparison. Very fun, lots of action without downtime, good survivability, great artifacts, the tank option, and a nice class hall.

Just for the sidenote: I am also dropping my warrior mine from 8 years ago for DH ;-)

Played as Vengeance for about 3 weeks now. Is really fun and becomes even more enjoyable as you gear up past 840-ish ilvl.

Recently switched to Havoc and is awesome as well. But as fun as it is, I think the hype will wear off quickly due to the simplicity of this spec compared to other melee dps. I can see many picking up a Havoc DH at launch and use it as an alt a couple of months later.

The worst thing for me with DH is the elf race restriction ... such a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Note: It's not a 2-button spec.

(honestly, stop spewing that nonsense. If you're playing with only 2 buttons you're doing it wrong.)
    But, it has considerably less buttons to press than any other spec in the game, if you only count regularly used rotational abilities (1 min or less). You would be very, very hard-pressed to find any spec in the game that has less binds in total.

Quote Originally Posted by videnfost View Post
    But, it has considerably less buttons to press than any other spec in the game, if you only count regularly used rotational abilities (1 min or less). You would be very, very hard-pressed to find any spec in the game that has less binds in total.
    Just from classes ive played, BM hunter and UH DK right off the bat are low button classes, UH ignores almost everything just to spam clawing shadows atm and BM is well....boring as fuck, theres this misconception that every class had shit loads of keybinds and DH doesnt, when infact almsot every class has been simplified right down to just a few buttons for ST, a few more for AoE and then 1 - 3 CD's, and within all those abilities there are plenty that are just outright ignored because they arn't worth pressing right now.