Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I don't need something flashy for me to enjoy it. Looking forward to trying affliction!
    Aff has many issues, but sincerely if it was FLASHY (I mean.. cool animations and stuff) - I would play it.

But as far as things are looking it's going to be destruction for me... yet again. Or reroll something like ret/unh dk/firemage, they are more fun.

I play affliction ! Because i love run and dot

Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    Aff has many issues, but sincerely if it was FLASHY (I mean.. cool animations and stuff) - I would play it.

But as far as things are looking it's going to be destruction for me... yet again. Or reroll something like ret/unh dk/firemage, they are more fun.
    For once , I agree that affliction feels weak and is boring, and coming from a diehard affliction fan since vanilla that's saying something.

I really want to love my warlock, I love the lore, love the look (gear/design), love the spell animations.

I'd like to pick one character for legion, that's good at both Mythic+ and Raiding.

Demo's mobility and ramp-up time is terrible, meaning they will be horrible in Mythic+
    Destro's AOE is quite bad unless you talent for it completely, gimping your ST
    Affliction seems the most viable of the 3 specs in both scenario's, but again, burst cleave is non-existant and ST is also not great.

Such dilemma

Deleted
    I do wonder how it would be if we started with 5 shards. Might result in too much burst but will also address the ramp up time of demonology.
    Currently playing Demonology on the beta and I'm liking it just feel our multi target lacks a bit, maybe the sets and legendarys can fix it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Exephia View Post
    I do wonder how it would be if we started with 5 shards. Might result in too much burst but will also address the ramp up time of demonology.
    Currently playing Demonology on the beta and I'm liking it just feel our multi target lacks a bit, maybe the sets and legendarys can fix it a bit.
    The ramp time is more a function of absolutely everything being hard cast than a lack of initial resources the time spent generating shards isn't really that much of an issue probably about 3-5 seconds depending on various procs\talents of the 15 second or so ramp.

Demo is the AoE capable spec so if you're thinking it's multi lacks..... yeah don't do Dest or Aff.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

I have this feeling that Demo is gonna change a lot during legion- much like the MW Monk did.

Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    I have this feeling that Demo is gonna change a lot during legion- much like the MW Monk did.
    I have that feeling too. Unfortunately any mechanic changes before launch are unlikely, but I would definitely not be surprised to see some significant changes to the spec in 7.1/7.2.

Deleted
    So far I feel the most comfortable with Affliction which is followed by Destruction. I vastly prefer this new Affliction to the Affliction we've had for the last 2 expansions. The DoTs themselves feel strong and impactful, as a spec revolving around Dotting should. I still sort of wish we didn't have a channel filler and could just get shadow bolt back with nightfall procs. Affliction still has problems such as Soul Well being a piece of shit to track and 2 absolutely pointless and useless gold artifact traits.

Destruction feels slightly worse to me. I was completely content with Destruction minus the horrible Charred Remains talent. I do somewhat appreciate the fact that they want to fix Mastery because it's absolutely brain dead on live with it's passive increase of damage, whereas now it's random making mastery not your go to stat. I greatly dislike the soul shard system as opposed to the ember system. With embers I felt like I had complete control of when and where to use Chaos bolt and other ember consuming abilities. With the soul shards I feel a lot more at the mercy of RNG, although Conflag grants guaranteed soul shards. I'm cool with how havoc is working on the beta though. It's always been a super fun ability to use on live and was seemingly one of the few things to separate the scrubs from the goods.

Demo I find pretty good. I do like the MoP/WoD version better for the simple reason that I felt more in control over what happens and when. The spec just feels fairly odd with how hard it is to switch focus onto adds with your pets, the amount of pets summoned and generally how it's focused on pets. I care a great deal less about class fantasy than if the spec will work in a dungeon/raid environment, and I'm not sure how it will pan out in Legion.

So yeah, Affliction>Destruction>Demonology for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction isn't too bad for leveling in fact it's probably the most well rounded of the three specs right now. I'd already leveled a Demo lock and thought it was fairly meh at best. At times it plays well, then other times you just want to hit your head against a brick wall how clunky it can get. Destro is awful. It definitely doesn't play the same as previous expansions (including WoD) and between lack of AE to speak of, self healing and silly reliance on shards (I say it relies on Shards a lot more than the other two specs) it isn't enjoyable by a long shot not to mention, the mana consumptions is just insane even at 110. If I had to choose, I'd go Affliction at this point before touching Destro again which needs to major tweaks to bring it up to the other two. YMMV