Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yeah, that cover is fucking awful. i always liked the original because.. yeah its a funky 80s toon but it feels very halloweeny. like, you hear it and it kind of reminds you of if nightmare before christmas music was remixed by a crazy 80s dude.

its goofy and cheesy and feels right. its timeless

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Well, one positive thing about the theme being crap is that at least the next proper reboot of Ghostbusters can have a proper, great cover of the theme as well.

Deleted
    Plz let us know when there are any promos or new trailers, very important, I haven't down-voted anything ghostbusters related in weeks and that makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, one positive thing about the theme being crap is that at least the next proper reboot of Ghostbusters can have a proper, great cover of the theme as well.
    if this movie were to somehow flop i dont see anything ghostbusters being made in film ever again.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I don't see that the original theme song needs to be remade at all. Chances are any new song is not going to have the same popularity as the original so why even bother to duplicate it? That seems to be one of the major gripes with this new movie. That they are just ripping from the old and not doing anything original.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounded like some wannabe Lenny Kravitz ruining a perfectly good theme song. Also, loving the dislikes on that. I'm sure a portion of them might be because of the film, but this cover is garbage.

The people behind this reboot sure have been doing their damnedest to ensure people hate it.
    I actually liked the song when it first started. Thought it was a nice mix of the original GB sound but with a different take. Then the singing started and it all went to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I actually liked the song when it first started. Thought it was a nice mix of the original GB sound but with a different take. Then the singing started and it all went to hell.
    I cannot agree more with this sentiment.

This is a way better reboot of the song and was done in Japan.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is a way better reboot of the song and was done in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is31GGfhz8o
    From the looks of it the CGI seems to be better as well .

Deleted
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-ghost...s-h-1783343243
    https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/revealed...142244826.html

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo
    Ever since Sony’s all-female ‘Ghostbusters’ reboot was announced, there’s been a hardcore online contingent, unhappy with the franchise’ new direction, ready to shoot the movie down in whatever forum they can find.

No-one was more aware of this when shooting than the film’s writer-director Paul Feig and its cast.

Rather than shying away from the backlash, ‘Ghostbusters’ tackles it head-on in an early scene that sees the 'Busters reading out mean comments from a video they’ve uploaded to YouTube.

It’s a funny dig at the the haters, and Yahoo Movies has since discovered it was added to the script as a direct response to the backlash while they were still filming.

“It was added [to the script],” explains Melissa McCarthy who plays paranormal investigator Abby Yates in the film.

“I feel like the part was in [the script] already,” says Kristen Wiig, “But we changed what was said.”

“We did something on the day that slightly tweaked it,” McCarthy added.
    Yyyeaaahhh... That's the right way to do things. I'm reminded about Uwe Boll's rant about how people are shit because they don't appreciate his "art". Just lash out at people who think you can't act.

And that's the hilarious thing about this. It's either that you think the movie is great and you support it, OR, you're a huge piece of shit misogynist pig who hates women.

You just aren't allowed to think these actors suck, and the movie sucks.

Also, at the bolded part, I'm sure you people who made it think it's "hella funny". I'm thinking it's not.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-ghost...s-h-1783343243
    https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/revealed...142244826.html

Yyyeaaahhh... That's the right way to do things. I'm reminded about Uwe Boll's rant about how people are shit because they don't appreciate his "art". Just lash out at people who think you can't act.

And that's the hilarious thing about this. It's either that you think the movie is great and you support it, OR, you're a huge piece of shit misogynist pig who hates women.

You just aren't allowed to think these actors suck, and the movie sucks.

Also, at the bolded part, I'm sure you people who made it think it's "hella funny". I'm thinking it's not.
    It's not like anyone will see it anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's not like anyone will see it anyways.
    Sure. But the reason given will be because those who didn't go see it hate women, because thinking it's a bad movie with bad actors doesn't seem to be allowed.

Sure. But the reason given will be because those who didn't go see it hate women, because thinking it's a bad movie with bad actors doesn't seem to be allowed.
    Who cares. It will flop and these losers (hopefully) won't ever make another film again.

The sad part is I like the cast. I think KRISTENS character is the only one spot on, but the actual actors o find okay. It's just that the script is shit, the plot is rehashed , the director is garbage, and the CGI is trash.

The entire premise being feminist has taken up the entirety of the film and left no room for anything beyond propaganda.

I won't see it. I will see the originals in theater if I can.

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked into some news. The new toys are already on clearance. The film isn't even released yet, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It all just seems rather silly and trivial to me.
    That's fine. People are still allowed their opinions, right Winter Blossom? They're still allowed to think that Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones are all completely shit actors, right?

Deleted
    Absolutely, but going through the replies in this thread, the main complaint seems to be about the all female cast pushing some kind on agenda - not the actors themselves.
    Yeah, but that's absolute bullshit. It's not the main complaint. It's what you've read into it.

Deleted
    What is your take on the main complaint?
    The main complaint is that there's a remake, that clearly isn't good, and that clearly also has at least like a 90% SJW component to it; they didn't choose the actors or the plot or the dialogue or the screenplay because they/it was good, but because SJW. OK? It's not a remake that was made because there was an amazing idea with an amazing plot and amazing this and that, but it was because SJW and all female and let's do this and the end result? Shit.

So, people calling them out on that are absolutely in the right, they absolutely should call them out on that, and the fact that the shit end result is because of SJW bullshit, and this "all female cast", is just a part of it. Another part is that every single female actor in this all female cast is a shit actor, and they get to be called shit actors. They don't get some shield or bubble because they're women.

So that's my take on it. Or part of it, a quick part of it. I'm drunk again so who knows.

Deleted
    I just see it as a reboot for the newer generation to also enjoy. Reboots and remakes don't need a new and amazing dialogue. They're meant to be similar and not stray too far one another. I also don't see the all female cast as some SJW agenda, but rather, just a change - "the older ones were an all male cast, so let's change it up and make this one all female".

That's all I've taken from it, but it seems quite a few people are thinking there's some ulterior motive going on, and somehow their memories of the older movies are going to be destroyed, which I do find silly.
    Well first of all, if you don't think this "hey let's make an all-female Ghostbusters", when it's been marketed as such for quite a while now, is "SJW agenda", then wake up and smell the coffee. They didn't just end up with these four actors who happen to be women, out of all the available ones in the world. No, of course not. They made an all-female cast movie, on purpose, and that purpose was to "shake up the patriarchy" or what ever shit they're up to.

Secondly, you can find whatever the fuck you want silly, and that means jack shit. People can have their memories of older versions, and they get to think remakes destroy those memories. You get no say in that. None of that has anything to do with whether they're all chicks or not.

Well first of all, if you don't think this "hey let's make an all-female Ghostbusters", when it's been marketed as such for quite a while now, is "SJW agenda", then wake up and smell the coffee. They didn't just end up with these four actors who happen to be women, out of all the available ones in the world. No, of course not. They made an all-female cast movie, on purpose, and that purpose was to "shake up the patriarchy" or what ever shit they're up to.

Secondly, you can find whatever the fuck you want silly, and that means jack shit. People can have their memories of older versions, and they get to think remakes destroy those memories. You get no say in that. None of that has anything to do with whether they're all chicks or not.

Can't ignore the all female crew pick...

This film www smothered in SJW anti patriarchy juice. I wouldn't mind it if it was simply just that and the producers admitted it was just a part of some experiment where they redid films to make it all female. I'd just shrug it off and treat it like a documentary.

But it isn't. They are trying to pan it off as a quality film and it is anything but. At best, it's a fringe project aimed at the SJW crowed. It is not canon and they should work on the real film soon. And yes, that can have a female cast too so long as it's actually good.

- - - Updated - - -

You judge as if you've seen the movie already. You don't really know much about it, other than what we've all seen in the trailers. I honestly just don't understand the upset over this movie. It's not like the originals are going anywhere, and no one is making you choose one or the other. The old ones will still be there for you to watch and enjoy, even if you do see this movie.

It all just seems rather silly and trivial to me. It's like people have never heard of a remake or reboot
    Script was leaked a while ago bud. And new media releases has confirmed the accuracy of that leak.

So yeah...I can say the script is garbage.

And I'm not upset. Even if I was invested, if be feeling quite happy seeing the toys failing and theaters offering limited screenings of the film. That would please me greatly.

What I did say is this movie doesn't appeal to me. Just like Batman v Superman. And Warcraft. Also didn't like 50 shades that much.

It's called an opinion. No enduring hate required.
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-07-09 at 04:52 AM.

Deleted
    I'm just going to watch the movie and take it for what it is, not what it was expected to be (the original). You have your opinions about what you think was going on with the all female cast and I have mine. They differ and that's okay
    As will I. Then, when it gets a 2/10 rating, they're going to cry "misogyny".

That's fine. People are still allowed their opinions, right Winter Blossom? They're still allowed to think that Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones are all completely shit actors, right?

Am I the only one who loved Wiggs finger guns? I think her character is the only one who fits.

She's geeky as shot and thinks she is actually cool, but is sadly not and I find it endearing. The others are just awful.