Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mr Robot Numbers

So I checked out the Mr Robot Legion Simulation Service.

I realize things are untuned, especially after getting this data, but still useful.

Here are the 3 specs of warlock

Affliction

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...2c2fdacd3ab5d4

Demonology

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...5f728e5ce1e05f

Destruction

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...1751eba134f4a2

And the Mage Specs and Fury Warrior (sans Frost, didnt work)

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...1851f6cf8071a8

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...5594da7366f29e

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...19ff463d47504c

The low Mage numbers certainly suggest tuning hasnt happened in earnest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well don't know what they base it on, but I can confirm that affliction is indeed pretty terrible and destruction is indeed pretty good at the moment.

Affliction may appear good in Beta until you realize Scada counts damage done to Soul Effigy as legit damage done.

I wouldn't take those for anything that will be remotely close to the numbers we will expect, but I am sad that I have to use an imp and also bind another imp button.

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. The template rotations are meant to be a starting point for people to play with. Instead of making you start from scratch, we wanted to give you a good setup to get ideas out of the gate, and tweak it from there.

One of our main goals is to open up the theorycrafting world and get more people involved. So if you're interested in theorycraft, don't be shy. Everyone has to start somewhere, and learned as they went! Here's a video on using rotations in the AMR simulator, and another video on how to frame min/maxxing questions and test theories.

If you need some help, you can stop by our discord (chat program) too.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

If you play around with talents on those sims you can increase dps a bit, i remember getting a 170k demo sim with MRrobot simply by picking different talents.

And yeah btw, in all the sims I tried affliction was always dead last compared to destro/demo, I hope they fix the scaling a bit before legion launches else I'll simply end up not playing affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    If you play around with talents on those sims you can increase dps a bit, i remember getting a 170k demo sim with MRrobot simply by picking different talents.

And yeah btw, in all the sims I tried affliction was always dead last compared to destro/demo, I hope they fix the scaling a bit before legion launches else I'll simply end up not playing affliction.
    In the sims I have done it was Demo, Affli and destro last. I did sim at around 850ilevel though. I see little point in simming in pvp gear. But I did not play around with the rotations at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. The template rotations are meant to be a starting point for people to play with. Instead of making you start from scratch, we wanted to give you a good setup to get ideas out of the gate, and tweak it from there.

One of our main goals is to open up the theorycrafting world and get more people involved. So if you're interested in theorycraft, don't be shy. Everyone has to start somewhere, and learned as they went! Here's a video on using rotations in the AMR simulator, and another video on how to frame min/maxxing questions and test theories.

If you need some help, you can stop by our discord (chat program) too.
    Is there a way to sim for stat weights? Or do I need to figure that out by trial and error using the different pieces available?

All of the AMR models are likely very early versions of what will be the actual DPS output. A lot of refinement is needed to improve the accuracy of these models which also takes time and will hopefully improve towards to launch of legion.

I think the end goal for this project is to enable poeple to quickly and easily setup simulations with different gear, stat weights and rotations wiuth a cleaner interface than the current simcraft models which can be confusing for some.

this is the first sim i've run for destruction, with some pve gear (863ilvl) except for trinkets and relics (not yet implemented on the tool), a little talent management and with the crit >= haste > mastery priority that seams to be the best, at least for now.

beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/3ec76e456e394c0992e4687984a5acc5

i will try to update the affli/demo profile as well, but I have very little time lately to work with numbers...

and sorry for my bad english, this is not my native language, here a potato for the disturb---mmm not, this is not 9gag!

Benigne, we have the pvp gear profiles right now so that people can verify things in game. If you make a level 110 character right now, you get PvP gear, so everything will match up to the sim. You can manually change the gear on the sim setup page if you want though.

No stat weight outputs right now, but we'll have that sometime in July.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post

Well look at the Mage numbers.

Fire and Arcane are even lower than Affliction. So I assume scaling isnt done.

The issue with Affliction may be that they made multidotting so viable the spec will be OP if it has competitive single target.

Though I would argue that the filler spell likely needs an improvement to balance the two.

Maybe make Drain Life do quite a lot more damage on dotted targets. Or something

The Drain Soul model from WoD however I dont like. It weakened the DoTs too much to compensate for its effect.

Keep in kind I am not in beta or ptr so this is just my impression

Deleted
    Benigne, we have the pvp gear profiles right now so that people can verify things in game. If you make a level 110 character right now, you get PvP gear, so everything will match up to the sim. You can manually change the gear on the sim setup page if you want though.

No stat weight outputs right now, but we'll have that sometime in July.
    Alright thanks for the heads up. I did figure the gear out, but would have been nice to be able to sim stats vs each other rather than having to swap pieces or manually swap the stats on the gear. Looking forward to the stat weight outputs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forbi View Post
    this is the first sim i've run for destruction, with some pve gear (863ilvl) except for trinkets and relics (not yet implemented on the tool), a little talent management and with the crit >= haste > mastery priority that seams to be the best, at least for now.

beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/3ec76e456e394c0992e4687984a5acc5

i will try to update the affli/demo profile as well, but I have very little time lately to work with numbers...

and sorry for my bad english, this is not my native language, here a potato for the disturb---mmm not, this is not 9gag!
    Relics are implemented. You need to go under the artifact tab and click on the circles at the top where you would slot your relics as well. Also I am quite sure roaring blaze on the level 15 tier is stronger than backdraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh! I thought this was an actual thread of Mr Robot. This is a thread of ASK Mr Robot.

mr robot:

ill grab my coat and see my own way out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    So I checked out the Mr Robot Legion Simulation Service.

I realize things are untuned, especially after getting this data, but still useful.

Here are the 3 specs of warlock

Affliction

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...2c2fdacd3ab5d4

Demonology

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...5f728e5ce1e05f

Destruction

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...1751eba134f4a2

And the Mage Specs and Fury Warrior (sans Frost, didnt work)

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...1851f6cf8071a8

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...5594da7366f29e

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...19ff463d47504c

The low Mage numbers certainly suggest tuning hasnt happened in earnest.
    34 Artifact point
    no relics
    802 ilv average
    21% Versatility, 11% Haste, 11% Critical Strike, 19% Mastery
    shadowflame

GoSup for aff

for firemage pyromaniac and cinderstorm

Is this a "hey look I posted first! I clicked sim, without even looking at what I was doing" post or is this supposed to give some sort of evidence about specs being unbalanced?
    I dont even really

Benigne, one more tip for you then. Look at the stats section, below the gear (on the sim setup page). You can override stats from gear there. So that should be a quick way to test various stats, or make the levels match higher gear sets.

Quote Originally Posted by s1one View Post
    34 Artifact point
    no relics
    802 ilv average
    21% Versatility, 11% Haste, 11% Critical Strike, 19% Mastery
    shadowflame

GoSup for aff

for firemage pyromaniac and cinderstorm

Is this a "hey look I posted first! I clicked sim, without even looking at what I was doing" post or is this supposed to give some sort of evidence about specs being unbalanced?
    I dont even really
    You can read into the tone of what I said, I just did it and when I saw that the mage numbers were low I thought it was worth posting since you see a lot of concern over tuning here.

"The low Mage numbers certainly suggest tuning hasnt happened in earnest."

And now we have someone from Mr Robot giving us tips so I think it worked out

Deleted
    Benigne, one more tip for you then. Look at the stats section, below the gear (on the sim setup page). You can override stats from gear there. So that should be a quick way to test various stats, or make the levels match higher gear sets.
    Found it thanks

- - - Updated - - -

You can read into the tone of what I said, I just did it and when I saw that the mage numbers were low I thought it was worth posting since you see a lot of concern over tuning here.

But if you pick random talents then that say nothing about class tuning. The level 90 row can make a 20k dps difference on sims at around 850 ilevel. Also saying firemage does low damage with barely any crit is not entirely surprising. You just mislead anyone who did not take a look at what you simmed with. Nothing to do with tuning.

Deleted

mages are performing totally different from what you're suggesting, and so warlocks.
    You just picked up random results from unoptimized gear talents and artifacts and you make a thread about how the tuning has still to happen using this data as evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    relics are implemented. You need to go under the artifact tab and click on the circles at the top where you would slot your relics as well. Also I am quite sure roaring blaze on the level 15 tier is stronger than backdraft.
    oh thanks, didn't notice the relics section just under the artifact.

I'm not sure about the roaring blaze winning over backdraft, it feels more powerful, at least to me, the combo conf-cb-inc-conf-cb-inc with the 30% haste buff and the 12% dps (from eradication), even more with the third charge of conf from the 2pc(?) bonus that let you continue the cicle almost "undefintly", with the help of some haste obviusly. 60% damage over the entire duration of immolate feels quite strong, but you have to do 2ximmo-conf every time and after that cast with an eternity of time cb and inc.
    i have based my talent setup in a "destroy the shit out of that single target'ass" way, as you can see from the sim, so backdraft+eradication+soul conduit +reverse entropy combo feels, to me, the way-to-go for the best cb-dps output, the "only" spell that really hit hard in our arsenal.

BUT
    as I say before, need more testing; I'm not, obviusly, 100% sure of what i'm saying, maybe i'm just dumb and i can't count to potato properly XD

Deleted
    The affliction rotation uses Seed of Corruption to refresh Corruption(2.5s cast for 138% extra spell power damage vs. 1.5s of Drain Life=143.1% spell power damage + extra crit damage from trait). The simulation also featured casting UA and Drain Life onto the Effigy.
    If you read your spells, you do less rotation mistakes than this simulation. Gj nice trollbait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by forbi View Post
    oh thanks, didn't notice the relics section just under the artifact.

I'm not sure about the roaring blaze winning over backdraft, it feels more powerful, at least to me, the combo conf-cb-inc-conf-cb-inc with the 30% haste buff and the 12% dps (from eradication), even more with the third charge of conf from the 2pc(?) bonus that let you continue the cicle almost "undefintly", with the help of some haste obviusly. 60% damage over the entire duration of immolate feels quite strong, but you have to do 2ximmo-conf every time and after that cast with an eternity of time cb and inc.
    i have based my talent setup in a "destroy the shit out of that single target'ass" way, as you can see from the sim, so backdraft+eradication+soul conduit +reverse entropy combo feels, to me, the way-to-go for the best cb-dps output, the "only" spell that really hit hard in our arsenal.

BUT
    as I say before, need more testing; I'm not, obviusly, 100% sure of what i'm saying, maybe i'm just dumb and i can't count to potato properly XD
    It seems I may have been wrong. My latest sims show me a 4k dps difference in favor of backdraft. But I do need to try it out. I like the "strong" dot though especially if there is some movement involved. For backdraft you will want to pool some ss to spend a lot of CB I feel like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    The affliction rotation uses Seed of Corruption to refresh Corruption(2.5s cast for 138% extra spell power damage vs. 1.5s of Drain Life=143.1% spell power damage + extra crit damage from trait). The simulation also featured casting UA and Drain Life onto the Effigy.
    If you read your spells, you do less rotation mistakes than this simulation. Gj nice trollbait
    That is why Mr. Robot is in Beta. If you not interested in contributing please leave. Take your negativity elsewhere.