Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That's pretty interesting. Do you think they are actually interested in creating art, or is this more of an attempt at getting famous/making money?
    Are you fucking serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    If it sells, then what exactly is the issue? It's not like it's illegal or anything, according to my understanding. Apparently, there was demand enough for it for people to buy it for that much which others can't say the same for in addition for it to be shown at art shows.

As for it being art, that's something that is in the eye of the beholder. Some people think that modern art is a form of art as well. Art is a subjective form of appreciation that can be viewed differently from each person. So, essentially, anything can be some form of art. In the end, demand is what determines art, and they, at least have that.
    I posted it because I thought it was interesting that Vice would ask the question "is this art?" in relationship to what they are doing. So I decided to ask OT the same question. Class the place up a bit with some art discussion.

Photography is an art.

Here I was thinking people were buying prints of them with the toy, not just getting the toy used in the shoot for an outrageous price. Well a fool and their money are soon parted. Good for them for finding a market.

That's pretty interesting. Do you think they are actually interested in creating art, or is this more of an attempt at getting famous/making money?
    Money, all the way. They lived up to the label of Cliquish Party Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    Attentionwhores making money off desperate idiots.

Also, upon Googling their name: http://rosenberggallery.blogspot.com...1_archive.html - that ninth one, lol.

It's art because of how the term is defined, but it's quite bad. Wouldn't rate it much above selling canned shit as art.
    That shit art you linked is kind of ironic nowadays, seeing as most food that's commercially sold is basically shit anyway. That is art's job anyway, to question boundaries, make you think, and be ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Thought this was an interesting piece. Do you consider posting nude photos of yourself with toys/selling the toys to be art or feminism? To me, this just seems like monetization of sex appeal in the most Millennial-esque way possible (taking selfies and putting them on social media) and has little redeeming artistic value.
    I agree in some aspects that it's mostly driven by sex appeal, however, I don't really see much, if any, "feminism" in what little of it that I've seen. However, with my knowledge in the market, merely slapping the word feminism on anything in this new age give it notoriety. Notoriety that can easily be utilized to curb costs higher (or even make initial sales) from the whole gender-political situation of the current time. It's actually quite common to do, I've been noticing.

So, yes, I don't think that it has anything to do with actual feminism of any sort, I think that it has to do with getting a name out there, even a notorious one, to make sales. It's underhanded, but it's profitable.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I agree in some aspects that it's mostly driven by sex appeal, however, I don't really see much, if any, "feminism" in what little of it that I've seen. However, with my knowledge in the market, merely slapping the word feminism on anything in this new age give it notoriety. Notoriety that can easily be utilized to curb costs higher (or even make initial sales) from the whole gender-political situation of the current time. It's actually quite common to do, I've been noticing.

So, yes, I don't think that it has anything to do with actual feminism of any sort, I think that it has to do with getting a name out there, even a notorious one, to make sales. It's underhanded, but it's profitable.
    I was confused as well in regards to why they tried to link this "art"or however one would describe it to feminism. I suppose it brings up some questions regarding sexuality being a means of empowerment, but that's all I could really come up with.

The girls themselves didn't come across as philosophical types so I'm not surprised that their answer regarding the question was pretty noncommittal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    That shit art you linked is kind of ironic nowadays, seeing as most food that's commercially sold is basically shit anyway. That is art's job anyway, to question boundaries, make you think, and be ironic.
    Art is simply what people call art.

It really is that simple.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    they're kinda hot and I'd fuck them both

so they can do whatever they want

7+ Year Old Account
    I was confused as well in regards to why they tried to link this "art"or however one would describe it to feminism. I suppose it brings up some questions regarding sexuality being a means of empowerment, but that's all I could really come up with.

The girls themselves didn't come across as philosophical types so I'm not surprised that their answer regarding the question was pretty noncommittal.
    Perhaps. Sexuality is often a double-edged sword. You really have to pick one side or the other, especially when it comes to being a feminist.

I remember how it was when I first became a feminist, though, sure you had your feminazis back then too, but even they had to choose one side or the other when it came to sexuality. It was pretty much the great debate at the time, the hot topic that everyone fought over. It seems so small now, looking back, but people used to get so angry over the debate back then.

However, I have to agree, they don't appear to be the type that wax philosophical once in a while. It was much more likely to be a business initiative to call it both art and feminist, which I can understand that. Money is money.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    i'm sure to most people they are attractive but i honestly just don't find their faces appealing
    Yeah I'm kinda not really feeling their faces either.

So...whatever makes them money I guess.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    Money, all the way. They lived up to the label of Cliquish Party Girls.
    Ha. Welp, question answered

Did you know about their taking nude photos with stuffed animals before you read this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Caveat: after posting the link, I found out that there may be a sidebar that is NSFW. The article is valid, but ... you've been warned.

Running their names, I found a mildly interesting interview with them: http://www.myportiswaspsays.com/2016...lan-twins.html
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-06-29 at 03:27 AM.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ha. Welp, question answered

Did you know about their taking nude photos with stuffed animals before you read this thread?
    I haven't heard of them prior to this, that is the power of notoriety.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, im not an expert. Ever since school my idea of art is linked to rennassaince works

I haven't heard of them prior to this, that is the power of notoriety.
    Well apparently timberx went to school with the two of them. Small world

The eyebrows tho jesus

Can I take a shit, smear it around on a canvas with a stick my dog pissed on and b like yeah that's art bae and I'll get put in the national gallery?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Running their names, I found a mildly interesting interview with them: http://www.myportiswaspsays.com/2016...lan-twins.html
    That clarifies a lot of it, then. Also, it was intriguing having the sidebar full of tastefully nude men (and some women).
    ~~ ~~