Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    As I said, if you think realmhopping doesn't hurt the game. Then I have nothing to say to you. If you're fine with it and you dont see what it does to the game, then that's your deal.

I fully expect it to be removed with legion's launch.
    In other words, you can't really explain why it hurts the game. Good to know

I really doubt blizzard intended people to keep joining groups and leaving them so they can realmhop.

The reason they added this whole realmhopping thing so people can get to play with their friends and so people can find groups easier.
    This is exactly what i think as well. I can think of 2 different ways to fix that.

1- Make it so group members need to get in a 100 yard range (or at the very least be in the same zone) of group leader in order to phase into group leader's realm.
    2- Put a 1 minute "cooldown" before group members phase into group leader's realm after joining.

Quote Originally Posted by chalon9 View Post
    In other words, you can't really explain why it hurts the game. Good to know
    I already gave 3 explanations in this very topic.

Its not my fault you cant read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salamalak View Post
    This is exactly what i think as well. I can think of 2 different ways to fix that.

1- Make it so group members need to get in a 100 yard range (or at the very least be in the same zone) of group leader in order to phase into group leader's realm.
    2- Put a 1 minute "cooldown" before group members phase into group leader's realm after joining.
    Agreed. All of these things work and do not hurt those that realmhop to join actual groups/their friends

I asked them, they told me to shut the fuck up.
    Not too happy about that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I asked them, they told me to shut the fuck up.
    Not too happy about that.
    so the same as what people usually tell you?

7+ Year Old Account
    I miss those 4 am farming sessions when no one at all is around, crz killed that, so i guess im against realm hopping . it has obvious advantage for world bosses

as someone who started on a high pop PVP server and now plays on a low pop realm, i have to say that no, i think realm hopping is a fantastic solution to smoothing population between servers without all the trouble of merging/joining servers. the more hardcore players get to find a solution to their problem while more casual players can pick a server that fits their playstyle, calm quiet easy stumble on rare low pop server, or loud active competitive high pop server...the current system accommodates everyone.

Im not really bothered by realm hoppers, only thing I find annoying, is when im making mythic dungeon groups and we usually get 1-2 pr group, who gets invited and then leaves after a min or two, without even being in the same zone as we are.

Deleted
    they should just let you realmhop without joining a group so it doesn't inconvenience others until a more elegant solution can be found.

or go the entire other direction and only phase you to the leaders realm when in close proxmity to eachother.

Realm hopping is just stupid and crossrealm zones sucks. I want the servers back to old days glory. A free character migration occasionally to balance out servers with horde/allys is fine. And if u truly want to play with a friend, make a character on that realm or just pay for migration.
    I can make an exception for battlegrounds(they can be crossrealm thingy).

Auto Invite options: Accept All, Accept only on this continent, Accept only in this zone, Accept only those in this area of the map. Example The Iron Front.

I really don't know how people can think it's perfectly fine.

In order to do it you have to jump through hoops. You can't just click some drop down menu and pick what realm you want to go to. It's obviously not intentional to be used like it is. You're meant to camp for rares, or be in the right place at the right time. Not spam across 50 realms until you get it. It completely ruins the immersion of the game, and if you want any chance of competing with the other players that use it, you need to as well (which is not fine, because as stated it ruins immersive experience).

It also give you an unfair advantage over the newer people that have no idea that you can just jump around realms (because it's not a logical thing to be able to do when you pick specific realms).

15+ Year Old Account
    Making Oondasta/Galleon 15min spawn would prolly remove 50% of realmhoppers ^^
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Exactly! That is something that really should be done.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see that hopping can be annoying for people, who try to form a group, manually.. For those, use the word nohop in the description and all realm hopping addons I have tried, will ignore your group.. Problem solved..

For the Hoppers, it would really be best, if Blizzard addd an option (e.g. a pulldown menu on the paper doll) where ypu could simply choose which server you want to play on... Realm hopping WITHOUT joining/leaving groups, just flip a switch and you hop..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I think they should just add the option for the leader to add a Deserter debuff if you leave their group, then people could still make realm hopping groups but punish people who just auto join with addons to mass hop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Why? 90% of the groups are Kazzak-groups...

I can't remember, the last time I saw an Oondasta or Galleon group..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
    Unfortunately, that argument doesn't really hold any water. The game is an MMO for a reason. Those types of advantages are not a part of the true game design. So what you think is hurting the game based on your argument is actually working as intended where blizzard is concerned.
    While I do not agree with the original poster, Blizzard is excessively slack on managing the health of their realms, particularly low population/dead realms.

Low population servers suffer all of the negatives with realm-sharing/hopping (competition for nodes - this is gone for the most part in legion, competition for mobs - again, most world mobs are multi-tag, I believe, in Legion) with none of the benefits (healthier guilds/raiding groups, healthier AH/Market).

Legion fixes a good deal of the negatives a low population server suffers from realm hoppers, but still does nothing to fix the difference in game health between a low and high or even medium server population.

Honestly I cant believe blizzard cant see how much it hurts the game.
    Doesn't hurt the game at all. Stop being a cry baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Why? 90% of the groups are Kazzak-groups...

I can't remember, the last time I saw an Oondasta or Galleon group..
    They realm-hop while standing at the spawn location of those world bosses. They're not interested in Kazzak at all. They join the group, are moved to a new phase of VotFW/IoG and then leave again if the boss isn't alive in that phase either.