Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not watching that cringefuck Elric. Fuck-that-guy;DW, any summary?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The benchmarks in that video are all over the place.

Also isn't the NDA still in effect for 2 more hours?
    Yes. 3PM CET.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's coming short in performance to R9 390 in most benchamrks. Like I said, the price will have to be 30% less than those two and even than it's a BIG fail from AMD. Fuck AMD, I'm not waiting for Vega, moving on to nVidia, peace.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Polaris one upped pascal with the dual eye rendering and to add on better eye tracking and stuff.

That said, HWS (hardware scheduler) existed in Tonga and Fiji. They're functionally two ACEs but also use for virtualization and other professional uses.

Yay free slow tmobile roaming.
    I know there was 1 Hardware Scheduler present yes with 8 ACEs on the R9 290(X)/R9 390(X) series, now we have 2 HWS and 4 ACEs on the RX 480 was my point.

Different set-up, more for emphasis on multi-threading than before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    RX 480 is listed on Amazon for £220 same as R9 390 and is slower than 390. Screw AMD.
    Because AMD can dictate what price amazone asks for the card...

AMD just lists the MSRP, shops are free to ask what they want for the cards. Just have a look at the prices of the 1070/1080...
    Not to mention that the pound is not doing so well at the moment...
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2016-06-29 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    What are you foreigners babbling about. In the US the card cost's 200 dollars and its on par with the 980 not the 970 (for most games).
    ohh, can you eat your words now????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Because AMD can dictate what amazone asks for the price...

AMD just lists the MSRP, shops are free to ask what they want for the cards. Just have a look at the prices of the 1070/1080...
    Not to mention that the pound is not doing so well at the moment...
    $200 MSRP is just about £200-220 when you add VAT so I don't know what are trying to say.

Deleted
    $200 MSRP is just about £200-220 when you add VAT so I don't know what are trying to say.
    That shops are free to determine the price of a product....

Well, it's coming short in performance to R9 390 in most benchamrks. Like I said, the price will have to be 30% less than those two and even than it's a BIG fail from AMD. Fuck AMD, I'm not waiting for Vega, moving on to nVidia, peace.
    ...he says two hours before NDA is up. Pack your bags and leave if you want, and do let the door hit you on the way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    ...he says two hours before NDA is up. Pack your bags and leave if you want, and do let the door hit you on the way out.
    Ok chief...

Let's hope it's bullshit but I highly doubt. This card is simply overhyped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quick to bail when benches arent even out? Besides the one above which...meh. AIBs arent out yet so oc'ing on AIBs hasnt been done yet.

jump to conclusions much?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Let's hope it's bullshit but I highly doubt. This card is simply overhyped.
    I mean, now is an awful time for kids to start whining about AMD underperforming because of some shitty benchmark they've seen, literally hours before the NDA of the product. Like literally just wait until after, it won't be long...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not watching that cringefuck Elric. Fuck-that-guy;DW, any summary?
    Slightly slower then the R9 390 in almost all benchmarks, runs hot and overclocks very poorly. Still it's only $229.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, now is an awful time for kids to start whining about AMD underperforming because of some shitty benchmark they've seen, literally hours before the NDA of the product. Like literally just wait until after, it won't be long...
    I take it you didn't watch that video. If he is wrong than I will eat my words, for now he is right and 480 sucks and the only kid around is you.

I take it you didn't watch that video. If he is wrong than I will eat my words, for now he is right and 480 sucks and the only kid around is you.
    Frankly I wouldn't trust Elric to tell me the correct color of his skin even while on camera. And it seems like a dumb question to have to wonder if I watched it when I flat out said I wouldn't just earlier.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2016-06-29 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not familiar with that guy, so I have no idea how trustworthy he is.

I actually like elrich i find him hilarious, but it would not surprise me at ALL if nvidia paid him to mess with the benchmarks (this has and does happen, he has a family to feed).

Ill make my judgements on the card after i read a few thorough reviews.

I need to buy a new card for WoW this summer and was looking for the 480 but tbh the early reviews, and even the prices, are a bit shaddy... I'm gonna wait a little bit more so that some more benchs can appear on userbenchmarks.com before making a decision...

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I actually like elrich i find him hilarious, but it would not surprise me at ALL if nvidia paid him to mess with the benchmarks (this has and does happen, he has a family to feed).

Ill make my judgements on the card after i read a few thorough reviews.
    To me he's always come across as incredibly cringeworthy, and with a flair for Top Gear tactics of questionable testing methodologies for the sake of entertainment. And overall he came across as someone trying to sell me snakeoil, with over the top dramatic displays to try and win me over.

lol ya wait a bit, here is a comment elrich made in the comment section of youtube:

Talking shit from your keyboard has zero connection to reality...LOL
    That was in response to someone commenting on how he broke the NDA (which he actually did).

I am not saying his benches arent accurate, but simply that he is a loon...