Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Post Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Are Deadlocked, Poll Shows

Hillary Clinton and Donald J. Trump are deadlocked less than a month before the Democratic and Republican presidential conventions, according to a new national poll of registered voters that shows the American electorate feeling disappointed in each candidate.

A Quinnipiac University survey released on Wednesday found that 42 percent supported Mrs. Clinton while 40 percent backed Mr. Trump. The poll represents a slight improvement for Mr. Trump, who trailed by four points at the beginning of the month, and has a margin of error of plus or minus two percentage points.

The numbers come as Mr. Trump has rebooted his campaign after a series of missteps, appointing a new campaign manager and sharpening his rapid-response operation. Mrs. Clinton has been aggressively taking on Mr. Trump with a series of speeches questioning his temperament and picking apart his policies.

But the contentious tenor of the campaign is turning off voters, and most of them blame Mr. Trump. Quinnipiac’s poll found that 61 percent think that the campaign is increasing hatred and prejudice in the United States, and 67 percent of those who think that attribute it to the presumptive Republican nominee.

“It would be difficult to imagine a less flattering from-the-gut reaction to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton,” said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University poll. “Voters find themselves in the middle of a meanspirited, scorched-earth campaign between two candidates they don’t like.”

Mrs. Clinton is the heavy favorite among women, black voters, Hispanics and younger voters. Mr. Trump leads with men, white voters and those who are over the age of 65.

Voters view Mr. Trump as being stronger on the economy and better suited to handle terrorism, while Mrs. Clinton is seen as more trusted by voters on immigration and handling international crises. Mrs. Clinton also gets higher marks when it comes to being prepared to be president and for her intelligence, but Mr. Trump beats her on leadership and honesty.
    (source)

I don’t get how Hillary Clinton and Donald J. Trump can be deadlocked (according to a new national poll of registered voters released this morning), with 42 percent supporting her and 40 percent backing him.

This frankly worries me. Trump hasn’t put up a single television ad, his campaign is in shambles, he has almost no field staff, he’s spent almost zilch and his campaign bank is nearly empty, and he’s been getting nothing but horrible press. Is it possible? Nay even probable that Hillary may have to justify herself beyond being "Not Trump?"

EDIT: Quinnipiac Data
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-06-29 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    (source)

I don’t get how Hillary Clinton and Donald J. Trump can be deadlocked (according to a new national poll of registered voters released this morning), with 42 percent supporting her and 40 percent backing him.

This frankly worries me. Trump hasn’t put up a single television ad, his campaign is in shambles, he has almost no field staff, he’s spent almost zilch and his campaign bank is nearly empty, and he’s been getting nothing but horrible press. Is it possible? Nay even probable that Hillary may have to justify herself beyond being "Not Trump?"
    I think it's possible we're seeing the "death" of any remaining legitimacy of polls. Iirc, there was a poll last week that had Hillary up by 12 points. I'll see if I can find it.

(source)

The Powers that be have succeeded... No one gives a shit who gets elected. We are back to the old system, Terrible Option A and equally Terrible Option B. Exactly where they want us... Again we feel like we have no choice, and america will quietly go back to sleep. Success!

Is it irony that we say our country was founded on independence... but the independent voters are the most ignored?
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    No link to the actual pole or methodology, so nothing really to talk about.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think it's possible we're seeing the "death" of any remaining legitimacy of polls. Iirc, there was a poll last week that had Hillary up by 12 points. I'll see if I can find it.
    Polls count, until they say your guy is losing.

In May I was told the polls just don't count, may is crazy you know? Now this and that? Idk, if polls are ignored that is more or less a bunker mentality.

Plus if anything Hillary needs bad polls to try and convince that whole "Well liberal voters HAVE to vote for her to stop Trump!" Because if on the one hand she absolutely will beat Trump and doesn't even really need those votes, then those voters can stay home. If she is tied or trailing Trump then she needs those voters and the question becomes, how can she convinced them.

Either angle ain't good for team Clinton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    The Powers that be have succeeded... No one gives a shit who gets elected. We are back to the old system, Terrible Option A and equally Terrible Option B. Exactly where they want us... Again we feel like we have no choice, and america will quietly go back to sleep. Success!

Is it irony that we say our country was founded on independence... but the independent voters are the most ignored?
    Yeah, I an absolutely say I don't give a shit who wins and I really detest Hillary, I think we're fucked either way, partisan politics will continue to destroy this country, while Republicans and Democrats cheer it on

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No link to the actual pole or methodology, so nothing really to talk about.
    "A Quinnipiac University survey released on Wednesday found that 42 percent supported Mrs. Clinton while 40 percent backed Mr. Trump."

Quinnipiac is a common poll source and part of the real clear politics average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    "A Quinnipiac University survey released on Wednesday found that 42 percent supported Mrs. Clinton while 40 percent backed Mr. Trump."
    Which pole, what were the questions, what is the sample size, did the weight the results, etc. No real information.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    They are not. Clinton is miles ahead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggregate polling (which includes this new poll) puts Hillary ahead by 6.2 points.

and he’s been getting nothing but horrible press.
    Lol. In comparison to Hillary, who's gotten nothing but great press coverage?

Honestly, though. Still a bit early. Conventions haven't even taken place. Debates haven't happened. It's certainly going to be a bumpy ride, and I'd expect the results to be close.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think that means polls aren't legitimate anymore, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Which pole, what were the questions, what is the sample size, did the weight the results, etc. No real information.
    https://www.qu.edu/images/polling/us...6_Utwkv93x.pdf
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still missing the methodology and demographic details. Sure its out there, but I'm too lazy to find it.

-Kujako-

"Completely common pollster cannot be trusted until I personally verify every detail."

Next, you will say the press source is not legit enough.

It's hard to take your query seriously considering you don't know the difference between a pole and a poll. this is the second post where you used pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still missing the methodology and demographic details. Sure its out there, but I'm too lazy to find it.
    1610 Registered Voters, Cell Phones and Land Lines.

Quinnipiac is given an A- rating by 538 Pollster Ratings, which is a very good rating. You might have a point if this were American Research Group or something, or even Rasmussen Reports, but Quinnipiac is pretty well respected.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-06-29 at 05:15 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Yeah, 17 pages explaining the poll is kind of light...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    It's hard to take your query seriously considering you don't know the difference between a pole and a poll. this is the second post where you used pole.
    I wanted to know which Polish person they asked.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Or it's simply an outlier. It's why the rolling average is more important in determining the race.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    (source)

At this point, Trump has gathered his base already. He will probably reveal more indepth economic policy positions then expose all of Hillary's corrupt dealings, which will turn the moderates on the left firmly against her.

She started on Trump too soon. That shows that her campaign has no real substance and needs to rely on character assassination and the woman card.

Somehow I don't see Hillary sharing the wealth of the banksters and monopolies who support her.

Also, I don't trust recent polls. All that matters are numbers on the ground at this point. Word of mouth is more reliable than the media because "the establishment" have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. It seems they want someone they can control.

So, let "the left" live in their own bubble. I kind of feel sorry for the moderates on the left though. You're essentially powerless.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2016-06-29 at 05:16 PM.