Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in Beta and I can tell you that so far everything up to Mythic+3 is a walk in the park, after Mythic+3 you start to feel it and need better gear and genuine not sucking to push up.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    it brought competent players together. it also brought incompetent players together but only to cry as a group.
    So basically, you are saying it's just your cognitive dissonance(i.e. equating your feelings to what really transpired in Cata to reality), and not something that's true. Okay.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-06-29 at 11:44 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    incorrect. mobs can have random new abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I was referring to boss mechanics.

but yes I am also looking towards the Affixes we may be seeing the use of CC and Single Targeting again! and less AoE everything to shit.
    Every level above the Basic level of mythic Adds 8% to Health and Damage dealt by mobs and bosses, besides the extra affixes does it not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I am not in beta, but Cataclysm heroics were not impossible.
    WotLK dungeons were not too different at launch. Azjol-Nerub could easily wipe a recently dinged group. I believe this misconception here is another victim of the Cataclysm treatment:

Cataclysm had the misfortune to follow WotLK. WotLK was not just an expansion. It was the expansion that got most new players the game ever had and still has (+end of TBC).

It follows that Cataclysm was the first chance those players had to complain about an expansion and for this topic, many entered after WotLK launch, with easier 5mans.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-06-29 at 12:24 PM.

People can argue but you can't deny the fact that there is some difficulty at launch. (or will be)

Always has been. Then it gets nerfed to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodka View Post
    Cata were not really difficult at all, just a lot of people did not know the mechanics. Really with some dungeons even in WOD people really still don't understand some of the mechanics; like in Sky Reach or Grim-rail Depot are some examples. I am interested in seeing how the more difficult Mythics will play out.
    Here we go talking bullshit.

Cataclycm dungeons were hard for the gear you started running them, for the first week of launch or so, before the nerfs. Even hardcore raiders had to resort to 'creative play' like the healer and tank taunting boss across the room over and over again to gain extra time since he was enraged, or healer was oom (very common occurrence). And then the nerfhammer hit them, and they became laughable.

Also, comparing them to current WoD heroics at launch is absurd. They were LEAPS AND BOUNDS apart in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodka View Post
    Cata were not really difficult at all, just a lot of people did not know the mechanics. Really with some dungeons even in WOD people really still don't understand some of the mechanics; like in Sky Reach or Grim-rail Depot are some examples. I am interested in seeing how the more difficult Mythics will play out.
    Either you're ignorant or you never was there during cata launch. Don't talk out your backside.

Difficult dungeons? in World or Casualcraft? Are you kidding?

Btw Cata heroics were not difficult at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Difficult dungeons? in World or Casualcraft? Are you kidding?

Btw Cata heroics were not difficult at all.
    I guess you never did them in blues. with 4 others in blues

Every level above the Basic level of mythic Adds 8% to Health and Damage dealt by mobs and bosses, besides the extra affixes does it not?
    as I stated. you only mentioned the part you wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you never did them in blues. with 4 others in blues
    sure did. just like anyone else. completing mechanics correctly equals win. low competency levels equals "too hard".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So basically, you are saying it's just your cognitive dissonance(i.e. equating your feelings to what really transpired in Cata to reality), and not something that's true. Okay.
    It appears one of us was on a controlled substance. And it sure wasn't me.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Heroic dungeons are "retard-proof" they offer 0 challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    sure did. just like anyone else. completing mechanics correctly equals win. low competency levels equals "too hard".
    If a dungeon had no difficulty forming a group wouldn't be necessary (LFR comes to mind). However at the launch of Cata prior to the nerf of heroics, alot of players never watched the guides from beta streamers or read up on the fights, making the dungeon more difficult for each pug you had, with blues it was difficult to survive if you failed or ignored the mechanics. If you wanted to breeze through the dungeons you would have to form your own group of 5 people.

I think there's a discrepancy of what is being defined as difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    Heroic dungeons are "retard-proof" they offer 0 challenge.
    usually towards the end of the expansion yes if every one over gears the content.
    Think of the time when you first went and everyone was in greens a blues.

in TBC if you were a tank that didn't have close to the def cap of 490 you be hard to heal and usually cause a wipe, it made heroics difficult because of the gear check.

Atm on beta this last wave of invites brought along alot of lfr heroes and normal lvl mythics are too much for some. Dont get me wrong normal mythic are piss easy if youre a decent player

I never found the Cata heroics difficult, but I did them in guild groups with my spouse (dps), tank of choice, and two dps of choice. In voice chat. Both of those factors, drastically decrease the difficulty from "whatever 4 people the queue brought up".

I'm hoping that affixes and mythic + do allow for some fun, challenging dungeons again. (As a priest healer, I'm very amused by even the thought of a ticking aoe for the entire dungeon. Prayer of mending says hi.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    I never found the Cata heroics difficult, but I did them in guild groups with my spouse (dps), tank of choice, and two dps of choice. In voice chat. Both of those factors, drastically decrease the difficulty from "whatever 4 people the queue brought up".

I'm hoping that affixes and mythic + do allow for some fun, challenging dungeons again. (As a priest healer, I'm very amused by even the thought of a ticking aoe for the entire dungeon. Prayer of mending says hi.)
    Well for one you cant use Group Finder for mythic so that will be a huge boost there. and the affixes look pretty challenging from what I read so far.

As for prayer of mending it'll be like standing next to a hunter with a gun all through the dungeon. =P

If you wanted to breeze through the dungeons you would have to form your own group of 5 people.

which is as it should be.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

It appears one of us was on a controlled substance. And it sure wasn't me.
    One doesn't need to be on a controlled substance to have a completely delusional interpretation of reality.

But thank you for basically admitting you were high on *something* which is why you came up with a response that comes with no evidence whatsoever and tried to pass it off as reality, when I didn't even so much as hint to anything regarding "controlled substance(s)".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Atm on beta this last wave of invites brought along alot of lfr heroes and normal lvl mythics are too much for some. Dont get me wrong normal mythic are piss easy if youre a decent player
    You haven't seen nothing yet. LFR players will not even enter the beta. Most of what you see not being super optimal are probably people form lower ranked guilds goofing around on an off-off-spec.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The normal and heroic dungeons have been jokes so far. With a competent group, you're in and out within 20 minutes or so
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Why do those people still exist after introducing of mythic dungeons?!?!?!
    what do you mean 'those people'?