Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    The ABC had a short sample which lead to a higher MOE so it was the outlier. Clinton is about 5% ahead which sounds reasonable at this point.
    I knew the sample size was a bit small on the ABC one, but +2 given current events seem like an outlier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Lets see, back in May Hillary was tied with or even mildly trailing Trump in some polls. So, idk, either this and that one are just horrible evil demonic rubbish to shake the resolve of the faithful, OR Hillary might be a flawed candidate after all and this is somewhat of a bunker mentality she is famous for and I guess her supporters are notable for.
    And which part of this disturbing partisan diarrhea has anything to do with my quote?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I think these aggregate (national) polls are interesting but meaningless, we do not have a popular vote, but an electoral one.

Places like Florida, and Ohio is where we should be looking:

Florida: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein
    Bay News 9/SurveyUSA Clinton 46, Trump 42, Johnson 2, Stein 1 Clinton +4

Ohio: Trump vs. Clinton
    PPP (D)* Clinton 44, Trump 40 Clinton +4

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tein-5963.html
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5634.html
    Hillary isn't the only Democrat running. If this is the best she can do against a man literally made into a cartoon villain on the news, she isn't doing well, plus the whole DNC kind needs her to pull in people to help get the Senate and House.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

I don't think that means polls aren't legitimate anymore, though.
    I saw that previously in the thread. Perhaps that's the best way to look at polls - not one but the combination of many. Just odd the huge swing - tough to take seriously at times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mark Zandi? The same who is Ra-Ra for TPP? Why would he back Clinton? Is not the infallible Clinton Against TPP? And always consistently 100% consistently consistent on this issue and will assuredly not betrayed Sanders voters on this matter? I wonder why the pro-TPP Zandi and Chamber of Commerce would back Clinton, its almost as if they expect her to betray liberal voters and working class interests once in power.
    But he is not backing Clinton, he is criticizing Trump's policies. No where did he say you should vote Trump or Clinton was better. Nowhere did the Chamber of Commerce say vote Clinton or we support Clinton. Did that stop you from claiming they did? Nope. I get that in your world everyone is secretly behind Clinton but it's not so. Your hate-on for Clinton is clouding your reasoning.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Or it's simply an outlier. It's why the rolling average is more important in determining the race.
    Good point. I agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    But he is not backing Clinton, he is criticizing Trump's policies. No where did he say you should vote Trump or Clinton was better. Nowhere did the Chamber of Commerce say vote Clinton or we support Clinton. Did that stop you from claiming they did? Nope. I get that in your world everyone is secretly behind Clinton but it's not so. Your hate-on for Clinton is clouding your reasoning.
    Ah but aren't you the one who continuously hammers home that Not supporting one candidate IS supporting the other? You've consistently implied to me not liking Clinton being basically support for Trump, so is that a rule that only selectively applies.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Hillary isn't the only Democrat running. If this is the best she can do against a man literally made into a cartoon villain on the news, she isn't doing well, plus the whole DNC kind needs her to pull in people to help get the Senate and House.
    A 4% win in a general election is actually pretty good. For example Obama only won Ohio by 2 points

10+ Year Old Account
    They are looking out for the interests of their members, their interests though aren't really those of the typical American. They understand what will make their backers richer.
    I know what they're doing. Every modern economy has such chamber.
    They're all right leaning, since they are a business tool.
    We need business. Thriving business even. And in a sense that's what we got.
    The largest economy on the planet. Unmatched by any other country. The first country to recover from the global economy crisis. And back on track of gains again.
    If there is one thing that does NOT need to be reinvented, then it is the US economy, and the business sector.
    It needs adjustment, yes. But that adjustment needs to happen in a way that some money gets shifted from the top 1 - 10% down to the remaining 90%. Trump's plans will not accomplish that. And he either knows that, but deliberately lies for pandering reasons, or he's a economic idiot.
    Stuff like his coal industry nonsense.
    That industry cannot be saved. Its days are over. These people need to be reintegrated through other programs.
    This would give them jobs again, and as side effect keeps them healthy, since coal mining is as unhealthy as it gets, not even talking about dangerous.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    A 4% win in a general election is actually pretty good. For example Obama only won Ohio by 2 points
    Obama wasn't running against somebody whom every media source on planet earth save for Fox and Brietbart have decried as the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.

7+ Year Old Account
    You do understand these are battleground states right? You know what that means?

I think she will start pulling people into her camp, only because people fear The Donald more than Hillary.

We still have not seen the conventions, which promise to be interesting, and the "debates", which will also probably be the most watched in decades.

I don't like Hillary, but in my view she is marginally better than The Donald.
    The first debate is the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny. If Trump doesn't get a bump and start leading he is done due to the nature of how his campaign is set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    It's kind of silly to claim Trump doesn't understand economy or consumers. He runs nearly 500 successful businesses and has turned his own name into a successful brand.
    Running a business is not the same as running a country's economy.
    In fact, that's very far apart. What makes you profits as business, kills your economy if you try that with the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    what's wrong with pools?
    they're too wet

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    "Stop looking at polls, read this *links the most biased news site out there*"

Okay then buddy.

Pretty sure it'll be a tight race. Sorta funny at times when people say someone has no chance according to x news site, without realizing that they are watching/reading opinion articles
    Is their bias changing the polls results they are showing? Pretty sure other people are doing those polls and they are simply reporting on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    We'll see.

I'm not concerned about convincing people who will always be against Trump.

Those of you who hate Trump so much that you will vote for Hillary will be given a much clearer choice. If you want to vote for a criminal, or even not vote at all when a clear criminal (Hillary) is running for office, because you want one of your own in power, then it says a lot about you.
    I won't vote for either, because I'm not an idiot. And yes, I do question the intellect of anyone who would vote for either of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Running a business is not the same as running a country's economy.
    In fact, that's very far apart. What makes you profits as business, kills your economy if you try that with the country.
    Trump's bankrupted 4 of his businesses. You don't get to do that with a country.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know what they're doing. Every modern economy has such chamber.
    They're all right leaning, since they are a business tool.
    We need business. Thriving business even. And in a sense that's what we got.
    The largest economy on the planet. Unmatched by any other country. The first country to recover from the global economy crisis. And back on track of gains again.
    If there is one thing that does NOT need to be reinvented, then it is the US economy, and the business sector.
    It needs adjustment, yes. But that adjustment needs to happen in a way that some money gets shifted from the top 1 - 10% down to the remaining 90%. Trump's plans will not accomplish that. And he either knows that, but deliberately lies for pandering reasons, or he's a economic idiot.
    Stuff like his coal industry nonsense.
    That industry cannot be saved. Its days are over. These people need to be reintegrated through other programs.
    This would give them jobs again, and as side effect keeps them healthy, since coal mining is as unhealthy as it gets, not even talking about dangerous.
    The interests of business owners are not the interests of their employees except in happy coincidences. Allegedly America has recovered though much of the country remains in a recession, and income inequality is called the issue of our time, but allegedly more give aways to big business and more stabbing labour in the back will appease the Market Gods we are told.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    they're too wet
    take the water out, put sand in ;p

7+ Year Old Account
    I think she will start pulling people into her camp, only because people fear The Donald more than Hillary.

We still have not seen the conventions, which promise to be interesting, and the "debates", which will also probably be the most watched in decades.

I don't like Hillary, but in my view she is marginally better than The Donald.
    She will cause people to not vote for Trump, but will those people vote for her? She is notable for her ability to turn off voters. I fear Donald, but that is not motivation to vote for Hillary, Especially if she is absolutely going to win anyway so why care.

Hillary Clinton has consistently been NOT Donald Trump her whole life, IS THAT NOT ENOUGH!?!?!?!11eleven!?
    No, its not enough. She is phoney and beholden to the rich as must as Trump is. She says she has your interests in mind, while accepting money from the fat cats on wall street. So no, it isnt enough.