Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't remember ever drinking it.

But it was in the 90's. So it must have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Go ahead and enjoy your inferior drinks and celebrate the return of another Pepsi variant.

Dr. Pepper is the one true soda, and they need to bring back their crowning achievement: Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Behead those who insult Pepper
    Dr. Pepper is the nectar of the gods.

Steins;Gate told me so.

But I've always have and will love Dr. Pepper the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Steins;Gate told me so.

Best regular soda, best flavor variants and the best diet version bar none. Coke is a close second with Pepsi being garbo tier but I'll still try this out of curiosity

Steins;Gate told me so.

I just started it and it pleases me how integral it is to the story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Best regular soda, best flavor variants and the best diet version bar none. Coke is a close second with Pepsi being garbo tier but I'll still try this out of curiosity
    I'd put A&W in second I think. Dr. Pepper>A&W>Coke>anything else.
    Holy trinity of sodas

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd put A&W in second I think. Dr. Pepper>A&W>Coke>anything else.
    Holy trinity of sodas
    A&W is pretty good, better than Pepsi for sure but maaaan I really got to be in a particular mood to enjoy root beer. Somedays it's the best thing ever, others the overwhelming sweetness just nauseates me. You still need to force me at gunpoint to drink that dirty mop water that is Pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I agree, although usually when I try saying Diet Dr.Pepper is good, I get attacked I try explaining that I don't consider it a diet alternative, but it's own flavor.

I just started it and it pleases me how integral it is to the story
    It was called Dr. People I believe in the game, just as a fun tidbit, but the anime did change it.

They had tons of things dodging the copyrights though, like Starbucks but with a different name.

Kinda getting off topic I guess though, I still will hunt down Crystal Pepsi and try it finally, although I hope it isn't extremely hard to find.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, although usually when I try saying Diet Dr.Pepper is good, I get attacked I try explaining that I don't consider it a diet alternative, but it's own flavor.
    I pretty much only drink Diet Dr.Pepper if I'm on a binge for soda but sometimes I get cravings for the regular. Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi I understand the hate... (Don't hate Diet Coke though) but Diet Dr. Pepper has it's own unique and sweet taste with no after taste unlike Coke

It's great that Crystal Pepsi will be hitting store shelves again but apparently it's only going to be a limited 8 week run which will encourage people to buy them up and sell them on eBay for an inflated price.

It will be Pepsi Pass promotion all over again.

Go ahead and enjoy your inferior drinks and celebrate the return of another Pepsi variant.

Dr. Pepper is the one true soda, and they need to bring back their crowning achievement: Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Behead those who insult Pepper
    You would think someone who felt so strongly would know it's "DR" Pepper and not "Dr." Pepper...

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You would think someone who felt so strongly would know it's "DR" Pepper and not "Dr." Pepper...
    Actually we are both wrong. It's not DR or Dr., it's Dr

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    It's great that Crystal Pepsi will be hitting store shelves again but apparently it's only going to be a limited 8 week run which will encourage people to buy them up and sell them on eBay for an inflated price.

It will be Pepsi Pass promotion all over again.
    There's always that one guy though that always has to find the negative in every situation.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Actually we are both wrong. It's not DR or Dr., it's Dr
    I capitalized both letters on purpose for pronunciation purposes.

I capitalized both letters on purpose for pronunciation purposes.
    That's not a pronunciation problem, though.
    Unless you are implying you are supposed to say DUR Pepper, because the only pronunciation of Dr I know is "doctor"

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Never had it. Can you relate it's flavour to anything?
    Bad, I can relate it to other bad tasting things.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    There's always that one guy though that always has to find the negative in every situation.
    Or merely handing out a tip.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was AMAZING! It was a novelty item. Anyone who says it taste bad either never had it or doesn't remember it taste EXACTLY the same as regular pepsi.

Time to bust out my 90's starter pack

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Won't rest until Pepsi blue is back.
    You'll never see that come back, the sales on it were so miserable they were having entire truckloads go out of date. I worked for Pepsi when that was launched and they put tons of money behind promotional material for it and purchased floor space in major grocery chains across the country and it was just a flop of epic proportions. They couldn't give that stuff away at the end it was so bad.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

That's not a pronunciation problem, though.
    Unless you are implying you are supposed to say DUR Pepper, because the only pronunciation of Dr I know is "doctor"
    See how you pronounced Dr without the period as doctor? That's what I was trying to prevent.

See how you pronounced Dr without the period as doctor? That's what I was trying to prevent.
    "The period (full stop) after "Dr" was discarded for stylistic and legibility reasons in the 1950s. Dr Pepper's logo was redesigned and the text in this new logo was slanted. The period made "Dr." look like "Di:". After having been used intermittently in previous logos, followed by some debate, the period was removed permanently."

Are you trying to say the soda is called "Dee are Pepper"? Because I'm pretty positive that's not true.

Another quote from Dr Pepper historians (stupidest thing I've ever said)
    "Morrison is credited with naming the drink "Dr. Pepper" (the period was dropped in the 1950s). Unfortunately, the origin for the name is unclear. The Museum has collected over a dozen different stories on how the drink became known as Dr Pepper."

I'm almost positive the pronunciation of the name didn't change after the period was dropped
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-06-29 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    It was AMAZING! It was a novelty item. Anyone who says it taste bad either never had it or doesn't remember it taste EXACTLY the same as regular pepsi.

Time to bust out my 90's starter pack

Pretty sure I still have my pogs up in my parents attic.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano