As long as you have a full Artifact weapon, Arms is really quite fun. With that said, without the Artifact, Arms sucks some private parts of some unnamed animal.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    By full you mean the ~25traits? Basically down to WW & CS damage? After that it mostly seems to be tiny things, before the 5% dmg @ point 35, of course.

Yea, 2/3 golden basically.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    By full you mean the ~25traits? Basically down to WW & CS damage? After that it mostly seems to be tiny things, before the 5% dmg @ point 35, of course.
    Void Cleave and increased rage cap are so underwhelming I'm not even sure it's worth spending the points right now. I'm hoping they just haven't gotten around to adjusting artifact balance until after they finish core class balance, but we'll see what happens.

It's funny how Arms artifact traits are very straightforward, automatic type bonuses; they really don't require any thought process whatsoever, outside of simply using Mortal Strike or Execute inside CS (which you should be doing anyway). Fury on the other hand, had very low frequency procs and a short duration stacking buff, all of which have notable impact on the rotation. Complete polar opposites.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Void Cleave and increased rage cap are so underwhelming I'm not even sure it's worth spending the points right now. I'm hoping they just haven't gotten around to adjusting artifact balance until after they finish core class balance, but we'll see what happens.
    Increased Rage Cap isn't that underwhelming if they hadn't nerf In for the kill .. mind boggling decision that they've made. Wonder what are they smoking over at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by nativity View Post
    Increased Rage Cap isn't that underwhelming if they hadn't nerf In for the kill .. mind boggling decision that they've made. Wonder what are they smoking over at Blizzard.
    It was underutilized even before, only with Deadly Calm did it ever really come into play, which is a bad place to be. An optional talent can be something that only works circumstantially, precisely because it's optional, but a mandatory trait really should work all the time.

As for In for the Kill... nobody will like hearing it, but honestly it needed to be nerfed. Simply put, it was too good in relation to its competition. Yes, the Execute phase is dependent on it, but that's largely a problem with the Execute phase, and should be addressed directly, not through the use of an optional talent.

Unfortunately buffing the other two talents to match wasn't really an option either; Focused Rage already has burst concerns and is already too strong in PvP (and was actually nerfed down to 20% per stack in PvP), while Mortal Combo really can't be buffed outside of adding another effect entirely, changing the artifact traits to work with a second cast of Mortal Strike, or buffing the hell out of Mortal Strike and thereby impacting Focused Rage. Like it or not, nerfing In for the Kill was probably the smartest decision.

That said, they really need to address the rage issues within the Execute phase. Nobody likes sitting on their hands when they know they should be pushing buttons, and the core mechanics conflict with each other when trying to simultaneously spend rage to reset CS and save rage to use Execute.

Deleted
    I think the only remaining talent after your Arms weapon is done, is the MS self-heal. Nothing substantial but having some self-sustain mid combat is nice. My gear isnt good or anything yet, but I do end up killing empowered bosses with literally sub 5% hp, and this is with using Dvalens stun followed by a fear/DBTS to parry all attacks for 2nd wind to heal me up. Obviously this doesn't work as well against mobs that do magical dots/whatever. I just prot up for those.

Deleted
    I wish I could skip Tactical Advance, and by skip I mean hurl it into the fucking sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    I wish I could skip Tactical Advance, and by skip I mean hurl it into the fucking sun.
    Well, technically you could by respeccing. It would be a waste of points in the long run, but the cost of such could end up fairly minor due to artifact scaling. I could probably reason it out sometime when I'm not falling asleep. Despite losing power overall, by respeccing out of the 3 points in Tactical Advance, you'd gain 1-2 points in another trait. Of course, I wouldn't really recommend this unless you really feel that you need those 1-2 points immediately, because you'll have to max out the artifact eventually to invest in the final ability.

Deleted
    True, but then you'd need to take Touch of Zakajz instead which is almost as terrible, and you'd need 25-27 traits plus the respec AP to reach Corrupted Blood so you won't be able to do it until well into the first raid tier. e: And also you need to grab One Against Many if you're going down the left side which you might want to save until after Deathblow, idk.

Since the gain from swapping Advance for Touch is so small compared to the loss of one trait I don't think it's worth it. And you'll get Advance with traits 32-34 anyway. Blergh.
    Last edited by mmocd2ab285f58; 2016-07-01 at 11:50 AM.

Whats the difference between relics affecting the same trait but with distinct item level?

Like Gore-Drenched Fetish(ilvl850) and Felbat Heart(ilvl815), both from EtW.

And, is it the best trait to apply relics?

Quote Originally Posted by kimicate View Post
    Whats the difference between relics affecting the same trait but with distinct item level?

Like Gore-Drenched Fetish(ilvl850) and Felbat Heart(ilvl815), both from EtW.

And, is it the best trait to apply relics?
    Ehm, you artifact weapon item lvl is determined by relics item lvls. No other differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    As long as you have a full Artifact weapon, Arms is really quite fun. With that said, without the Artifact, Arms sucks some private parts of some unnamed animal.
    I enjoy it until I go 35+ seconds without a CS proc, and I also find execute phase extremely unfun. Even with In for the Kill (after the latest nerf).

That aside Arms still feels incredibly squishy to me in the world. It's great against normal mobs, but as soon as you get into rares/named or if they have the empowered buff from world quests it suffers mightily. Touch of Zakajz might be enough to take that edge off, buuuttttt....you won't have that until forever.

And still is quite weak in the tuning department in comparison to fury, dk, enhance, fire mage, bm hunter, demon hunter. Maybe some others but those are the classes I've grouped with more often from my guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iDielord View Post
    Ehm, you artifact weapon item lvl is determined by relics item lvls. No other differences.
    I guess weapon ilvl will outweigh crappy Artifact bonus?

i.e. ilvl875 +1 One Against Many (Cleave) > 850 +1 Exploit or 860 +1 Precise

Don't know if it was posted some time ago allready:

Strom'kar is the perfect weapon for forum wars: All the trolls fear it.
    Hidden Artifact Proc.
    https://gyazo.com/a86c99ca97cbdc4c4416404e3401f79f
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-07-01 at 03:39 PM.

So is arms aoe good? With the artifact trait and bladestorm does it crush fury?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So is arms aoe good? With the artifact trait and bladestorm does it crush fury?
    I've heard it has insane burst AOE.

Artifact Trait, Avatar, Bladestorm, Battlecry. Also decent sustain with Cleave and Whirlwind and few buffs from the artifact traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I've heard it has insane burst AOE.

Artifact Trait, Avatar, Bladestorm, Battlecry. Also decent sustain with Cleave and Whirlwind and few buffs from the artifact traits.
    Eh, Fury can burst harder. Avatar + artifact trait Unrivaled Strenght (30% more damage during battle cry), Dragon Roar + Odyn's Fury + normal aoe rotation is pretty intense damage.

But it's important to remember that arms is generally undertuned in comparison to all strong specs, including fury. So...you have to take that with a grain of salt.

Form Arms burst AOE it seems you're better off with Ravager, since you can keep casting cleave/whirlwind. That's how I was running it anyway with some really decent results, even if the spec as a whole over a fight is not that strong. Cleave to me feels super underwhelming as an ability (damage + positioning requirements), using it in practice within a raid setting shows that up more, most of my Arms testing was in the LFR test but I did a few run throughs.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I am huge fan of big numbers and i hope Arms execute can make me happy. It seems to be better than fury and with AP even more.