Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    I don't understand why people like you take so much issue with people who don't want GMO, what's it to you that they don't want it?
    How does that affect you? Do you have investments in it?
    Aside from the general damage that anti science attitudes do to society, the antiGMO movement does not stop at disliking GMOs for themselves. They advocate using the power of the government to fight GMOs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No I'm not, I don't believe it's necessarily unhealthy - it's the other issues that makes me want to avoid it.
    Issues like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I'm no fan of organic labeling, either. It's basically a marketing gimmick to trick gullible people into paying more for their food.
    I like organic labeling. Makes it easy to not accidentally buy pears that rot if not eaten in several days...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    This might work where you live, luckily, it probably won't here. If we get US GMOs, it is very likely that they have to be labeled as such - sorry.
    Well, after all, EU is a dictatorship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I feel so oppressed.
    This is why we need Trump - make Europe great again!!1

What's the name of he dictator?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel so oppressed.
    And build a wall on the southern border, and make Syria pay for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, then don't buy it. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be available for those who do want it.
    Yes it exactly does mean that. Why would you displace an already existing, already working and already successful agricultural infrastructure just to allow lower quality food that time and time again Europeans resoundingly reject? Those that do want it are welcome to order it via Amazon or somewhere else and get it shipped over and enjoy to their hearts' discontent.

Moreover this is the just one of the types of meddling that the US should not be engaging in, to do so is wrong for the same reasons any other type of corporate meddling in society is wrong.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    So you're essentially a GMO creationist. You'd rather not believe the tried and tested methodology of science (which has proven that not only are GMO's perfectly healthy for human consumption, they also bring benefits like the mentioned Golden Rice.) and rather believe your own cocked up pot of shit that has no real bearing in the actual world other than "We don't like it."

Anti-intellectualism at it's finest. "My beliefs are better because they are mine and nobody can change them but me."
    - We have an abundance of food, we dont need yours
    - Our food is of higher quality than yours

Japan has banned the commercial use of gmo food. Japan, which has one the highest standards of food and one of the longest life spans.
    Clearly they are anti-intellectualistic? Lol, you pathetic little nothing can shove your gmo food for the rest of your life for all I care, the rest of us will stick to our high quality non gm food.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Yes it exactly does mean that. Why would you displace an already existing, already working and already successful agricultural infrastructure just to allow lower quality food that time and time again Europeans resoundingly reject? Those that do want it are welcome to order it via Amazon or somewhere else and get it shipped over and enjoy to their hearts' discontent.

Moreover this is the just one of the types of meddling that the US should not be engaging in, to do so is wrong for the same reasons any other type of corporate meddling in society is wrong.
    On this issue it always comes back to privelege, and only someone so privileged that they are utterly detached from reality can reject healthy, cheaper food because the agricultural system is already working, when millions of children go to bed hungry.

I feel so oppressed.
    No need for Trump when you have local gems like Boris, Nigel or Le Pen.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    What's the name of he dictator?
    The unholy triumvirate of Juncker, Schulz and Tusk. Or maybe it's a triple-headed hydra named Junchusk? Not sure.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-07-01 at 08:49 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post

Japan has banned the commercial use of gmo food. Japan, which has one the highest standards of food and one of the longest life spans.
    Clearly they are anti-intellectualistic? Lol, you pathetic little nothing can shove your gmo food for the rest of your life for all I care, the rest of us will stick to our high quality non gm food.
    You have an abundance of food and your food is better, but you are afraid of GMOs. If you have plenty and its great food, won't the GMOs lose in the market anyway?

On this issue it always comes back to privelege, and only someone so privileged that they are utterly detached from reality can reject healthy, cheaper food because the agricultural system is already working, when millions of children go to bed hungry.
    Then US can send that food to these children. Or Asia, which is what these 100 Nobel laureates actually talked about. And what's wrong with rejecting worse food when EU food is already cheap as hell and there's too much of it? One of the reasons TTIP talks are stalling is because EU food norms are too strict for US.

Also, Japan bans gay marriage. Clearly they must be onto something, right? Should we all follow their lead?

- - - Updated - - -

Then US can send that food to these children. Or Asia, which is what these 100 Nobel laureates actually talked about. And what's wrong with rejecting worse food when EU food is already cheap as hell and there's too much of it? One of the reasons TTIP talks are stalling is because EU food norms are too strict for US.
    Prove GMOs are lower quality than nonGMOs.

Prove GMOs are lower quality than nonGMOs.
    Can't recall saying anything about GMOs here.

Deleted
    No need for Trump when you have local gems like Boris, Nigel or Le Pen.
    We have neither of those. Rip.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    And build a wall on the southern border, and make Syria pay for it!
    Precision German engineering.

Can't recall saying anything about GMOs here.
    Sweet, then make a thread that isn't about GMOs to talk about your unrelated issue.

Send the GMO slop to those people, Europeans certainly don't need it. As I said earlier, if the starving kids of Africa are having to choose between Dirt and Dirt with "Spices" then send it their way.

It has nothing to do with privilege at all, it's maintaining a working system that provides people both what they need and what they want just fine. The ONLY people who have a problem with that are those who are looking to capitalize on European markets and those dupes who think exerting some Agricultural Protectionism is a return of the 3rd Reich. Fuck that nonsense.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Also, Japan bans gay marriage. Clearly they must be onto something, right? Should we all follow their lead?
    Your talk about "privilege" and now this proves that you are some feministic shrill that is not worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Send the GMO slop to those people, Europeans certainly don't need it. As I said earlier, if the starving kids of Africa are having to choose between Dirt and Dirt with "Spices" then send it their way.

It has nothing to do with privilege at all, it's maintaining a working system that provides people both what they need and what they want just fine. The ONLY people who have a problem with that are those who are looking to capitalize on European markets and those dupes who think exerting some Agricultural Protectionism is a return of the 3rd Reich. Fuck that nonsense.
    1. Prove GMOs are less healthy.

2. Are you going to make me post statistics of undernourishment in Europe and embarrass you?

- - - Updated - - -

Your talk about "privilege" and now this proves that you are some feministic shrill that is not worth my time.
    That was not as creative a dodge as you think it is.

We have neither of those. Rip.
    Aren't you going to have a revote for your presidential elections (at least in some areas)? You can still get Hofer!

Sweet, then make a thread that isn't about GMOs to talk about your unrelated issue.
    I was talking about US food in general after the topic shifted in that direction. Not my fault you suck at reading so much you can't follow context. But please, do cry somewhere else about that.