Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    let it not be another expansion

that game is utterly dead
    If you say so, I bet it still has more active players than the competition though.

Not that I disagree with your first sentence. I want a new game too rather than an expansion
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2016-07-01 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    WUT.

That's huge.
    That position is most likely internal to replace Josh M.

I heavily doubt they're working on an expansion with the Game Director leaving in June(note that you can just resign as a Game Director from 1 day to another,this decision was taken a long time ago). Most likely the D3 game went into maintenance with the 2.4 patch and there's nothing on the line. The next diablo game is probably around 6 years from now.

I love it, sorry you feel that way

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    I heavily doubt they're working on an expansion with the Game Director leaving in June(note that you can just resign as a Game Director from 1 day to another,this decision was taken a long time ago).
    Josh became game director two months before RoS announcement.
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2016-07-06 at 06:00 PM.

I'm sorry, but that is utter bullshit.

Core-gameplay is still pristine, it's better than any other ARPG on the market. And it's nowhere close to being dated.
    A new expansion, with some meaty content and new stuff. Would serve D3 well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

We will see at Gamescom/Blizzcon. Anyway, if anything D3 will be always that "filler" game that makes me return each season for a while. Which isn't that bad.

MH Generations on 15th
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...patch-content/
    I don't believe it, but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Creating an entire new game would take a very long time and we wouldn't see it for 4-6 years from now.
    fixed that for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    That position is most likely internal to replace Josh M.

I heavily doubt they're working on an expansion with the Game Director leaving in June(note that you can just resign as a Game Director from 1 day to another,this decision was taken a long time ago). Most likely the D3 game went into maintenance with the 2.4 patch and there's nothing on the line. The next diablo game is probably around 6 years from now.
    Well in a free country you cooooould. It just takes a table flipping "fuck this shit" mentality and you probably gotta pay contract canceling fees :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    idk i mean, it sounds plausible. but that doesn't exactly seem fitting to mesh with the ending of reaper of souls.

you can't end something on such a note, and then not make one more expansion. that's just bad story telling. this isn't an mmo, all you need is for people to buy the expansion, why would any other money matter? what even is there to spend money on in diablo?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is utter bullshit.

Core-gameplay is still pristine, it's better than any other ARPG on the market. And it's nowhere close to being dated.
    A new expansion, with some meaty content and new stuff. Would serve D3 well.
    It's also the only way D3 can continue to bring in money.

Right now, with millions of copies already sold, all the content they are adding only goes to keep current players happy, but with no subscription and no cosmetic shop, it does relatively nothing to bring in more revenue. Again, millions of copies have been sold, so It would be my guess that any level of new sales is going to be a miniscule number.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Random names and crap all around with no source. I don't even call that an aritcle.

Anyway the future is not very bright. While i still hope for a new xpack which is really needed at this point, maintenance mode (meaning still full balancing/support with the occasional small new content) isn't a bad option seeing how the dev team is being reduced to the bone.

Funnily enough Marvel Heroes ARPG Game Director is leaving he made farewell post on forums, already had a new job lined up too so I guess he's gonna be in-charge of D4.

what's on forbes? fuck those websites with anti ad block nonsense

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    what's on forbes? fuck those websites with anti ad block nonsense
    A source tells me that there was a second Diablo 3 expansion planned, but that did not come to pass, and the clues people are putting together are indeed pretty on point.

1) The original plan was to reveal a second Diablo 3 expansion late into 2015 during BlizzCon, and its codename was “The King in the North.”

2) Eventually, that plan was scrapped, and the expansion was broken down into patch content, giving the game new areas of the map and story elements for free, like what we saw with The Ruins of Sescheron (in August 2015) and Greyhollow Island (in January 2016).

3) One reason Blizzard is hesitant to devote resources to another Diablo 3 expansion is because since the Auction House was shut down, the game has not been a very good revenue stream in the west, where players buy the expansion and effectively nothing else after that. This is opposed to WoW, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch, all of which produce consistent income post-purchase. Diablo 3 is much more profitable in Asia where players pay to play in PC cafes, and microtransactions exist for boosts and cosmetics, but western audiences would likely reject such a model.

Today I noticed nice 3D art, 3D Paladin model: http://cgvilla.com/2016/07/18/path-o...y-shem-dawson/ made by Blizzard's Senior 3D Artist. Looks like a model for Diablo 4 or WoW 2.0
    Reminds me of Torchlight 1 or Battle Chasers: Nightwar or just Warhammer 40k Grey Knights.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-07-20 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatLegend View Post
    -snip-
    The forbes article is a mass of speculation and crap with zero sources. "king of the North" has literally no other source than that Forbes article.

While there's a lot that points towards this way, i'd just wait for a Gamescom/Blizzcon announcment/lack of it. no reason to go apeshit over some random crap a guy read on the internet and then reported in an "article".

Especially point 3. AH was a mess and nearly killed the game; nearly evryone agrees with RoS bringing the game to a whole another level (while nt being as awesome as expected). Even in Vanilla devs stated that microtransaction model would just fail in the West, and was to be reserved to eastern market - so i don't really get why should they complain about missed revenues when it was their plan from the very start.

To me it just seems a guy trying to load his opinions with factual "proofs" to make it more credible.

Really, the whole "D3 dead/no new exp/D4 in the making" started completely randomly from various place in the internet, and then everyone just jumped the bandwagon.

Personally, i think D3 is in a very delicate spot atm, with major figures going away and no big news for a long time. Anyway, it will take just some more months to have an official answer which won't leave any doubt.

Diablo team has had a great streak of rolling out good updates lately, so i'll keep hope that they'll continue doing just that.
    Last edited by bestellen; 2016-11-28 at 01:36 PM.

Blizzard have been doing a lot of hiring all around, specially for Diablo. Some medium and long term plans in the works for sure. Especially if they're hiring concept work positions.