Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Don't think she needs a nerf tbh because overall she is just a troll character.

WIth the exception of her Ultimate I just don't see her killing allot of players, best thing she can do is build a wall to keep those illegals out.
    Mei isn't meant to kill a lot of people. She's an area denial character. Expecting her to kill people is like expecting a Mercy to kill people

She's too weak competitively to ever be nerfed.

A rework is the only option they could take and I doubt they'd go that far. (Bastion is the same.)

I think and quite unfortunately so that Mei`s design stands in stark contrast to anything which you would normally associate with a FPS game and a fair scene where player skill can be displayed to great effect.
    It`s far better for the overall enjoyment and health of a competitive game to highlight accuracy, awareness, understanding objectives and overall tactic and outplaying your opponents through teamwork.
    Her ultimate is potent if used under the correct circumstances, such as the enemy team being grouped up or to deny access to a path or area, this seems fine as it`s part of perhaps what she is intended to do.

The problem arises when you deny your opponent an active role in the game by removing agency or input from the opposing player, it`s not fun for anyone on the receiving end of the left click ice beam to remain unable to do anything but to watch and anticipate the right click headshot.
    Also it`s worth mentioning that as you suffer damage from the beam your aim and ability to turn at a normal rate is affected as well, making it incredibly difficult to offer any counterplay once under the effect of the beam.

There`s a very obvious reason why dying to Mei is alot more frustrating than dying to say Genji ( though few like dying at all ) i have a fighting chance against a Genji by not having my ability to move around or dash or fly to an ally restricted, i can also fight back should i choose to.
    The game seems to be centered around countering heroes which is fine, but it should be noted that any disabling effect is incredibly potent in a game where clever use of the enviroment and mobility alongside ability useage may very well save your life.

Lol.. that's interesting, OP talking about "my hero" to bad Overwatch doesn't work that way. Well, unless you want to drag your team down.

I don't know why people persist in claiming that certain things "don't belong in an FPS" or something.

We've had wacky ass guns in FPS games for ages now. People seem to be laboring under this impression that only CS:GO style shooting "belongs" in an FPS.[/QUOTE]

There`s nothing wrong with the implementation of wacky or disruptive weaponry which can have a wide range of utility and effects including knockbacks, slows,
    roots and so on.
    What all those effects have in common however is that they don`t remove player input.
    A competitive game from the perspective of someone watching would grow stale and predictable if you knew that connecting to someone for a second or two would result in them being stunned with no chance of preventing death save from being a tank.

Denying access to an area or slowing people is fine as it can enhance the overall gameplay of your team and make for interesting plays.

People like you make me laugh --- she's a squishy with a short range freeze ray. If there's something to fear, it's those damn icicles lol, I've sniped so many heroes from across the map, I don't think they feared me so much up close.

And "instant freeze???" really??? 1.5 seconds is not at all "instantaneous" in a video game lol --- Also, look at the fact that she has to focus on typically ONE, maybe 2 characters to get the freeze to stick. So in the meantime, others can be shooting her, unless she's very well defended.

Overall, you're just complaining about a hero who you don't like. so NOPE, no nerfs for Mei, maybe to spite you. There will be an upcoming BUFF for our pudgy little friend.

1 second freeze and a big snowball that impacts your visibility!!! muah ha ha ha ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't know why people persist in claiming that certain things "don't belong in an FPS" or something.

We've had wacky ass guns in FPS games for ages now. People seem to be laboring under this impression that only CS:GO style shooting "belongs" in an FPS.
    I'd like to think that since this type of shooter is new to gaming, that people don't seem to grasp the idea that this is NOT CoD, and this is NOT Battlefield, it's NOT Halo, and it's sure as hell NOT Counter Strike.

THIS IS OVERWATCH MADE BY BLIZZARD

Every single thing you think you know about the standard First Person Shooter is OUT THE FLIPPIN WINDOW!!!

Yea some heroes don't require much aiming skills, others require pin point accuracy, some are slow and strong, others are fast but die after 2 hits. lol

With this "MOBA FPS" or whatever the hell you want to categorize it as has 2 big (well thats a lie lol) titles out these days, there's OVERWATCH, and that thing Battlebabies or Battleboners or whatever the hell that Borderland company came out with......BATTLEBORN!!! <<---- that thing!

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with Mei. Love how she just takes a dump on certain heroes. Good area denial and nice ulti. Good at locking down tanks as well. Just solid all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never played Mei at all until Competitive came out, now I play her a lot. She can flat-out shut down a lot of teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

She doesn't need a nerf. Yes I fucking hate playing against Mei as Reaper ( yes I suck ass) but a nerf? no.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

She is not OP,but she is beast if well played with a good team something like this

or this:

Mei shuts down some characters, and is completely shut down by others. There is a reason you are allowed to switch between characters you know...

Sounds like Overwatch working as intended.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Code_Blade/statu...07075494481920 <---- For all the Mei haters
    Last edited by Ashrynn; 2016-07-02 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    ice blocked mei ?
    Count to 4, start shooting, melee swinging and you will kill her stone dead, or do some really heavy damage to her as she comes out the block, then its just a case of finishing her off.

Tracer- Can blink away
    Genji- Can dash away
    Reaper- Can Wraith form away
    McCree- Can stun and roll away, or kill her even in that stun
    Soldier 76- Drop heal and cross fingers, because sprint doesn't get him away I'm pretty sure.
    Pharah- Never should be in range of Mei anyway.

Junkrat- Use concussion mine to blast her and you away from each other, or to jump out of her ult.
    Hanzo- Can't do much if she gets close aside from hoping to kill her first
    Widowmaker- Can zipline away, but that's about it
    Mei- You've entered hell if there's two Mei's in a game.
    Bastion- Same as Hanzo.
    Torb- Hope turret friend helps you.

Winston- Jump away/Barrier
    Reinhardt- Barrier/charge, but if she gets behind you not much you can do then.
    Roadhog- Hook and hope to kill her first
    Zarya- Shield makes you and someone else immune to the freeze from Mei (And her ult)
    D.Va- Fly away

Lucio- Blast her back, speed mode if you need to get away that desperately.
    Mercy- Jump to another ally further away.
    Symmetra- Yet again, can't do much except hope to kill her first.
    Zenyatta- Same as above.

I don't think I missed anyone, but Mei isn't that dangerous to most of them. If she's getting you while your stuff is on CD, then whoevers playing Mei is either lucky, or good.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-02 at 07:12 PM.

I hate Mei when I'm playing my bae Symmetra. I wouldn't mind lowering her hp a bit or make her move a bit slower when using her left click.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicklle View Post
    She is not OP,but she is beast if well played with a good team something like this
    Just look how fucking fast his ultimate ramps up. Not neccessarily before his first one, but after he placed it - by the time the freeze effect was gone he had 30% again and could've had 40-50% a second later.

Kinda makes me wonder why anyone would pick Hanzo over her. The amount of CC she offers is so much better than Hanzos extra damage.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-02 at 09:09 PM.

I mostly wanna know why this fat bitch has 250 hp when a genji with abs of steel has 200 hp
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Mei has too much health, moves too fast when she's freezing, and can completely freeze you far too quickly. At least one of those things needs to be nerfed. I honestly feel like taking her down to 200 health would balance her far better.
    I agree with this assessment. There are a lot of ways to make her more fun to play against without making her useless - a significant reduction to her hp or speed would probably do the trick. Increasing the time she takes to freeze people seems like it would make her all but useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I agree with this assessment. There are a lot of ways to make her more fun to play against without making her useless - a significant reduction to her hp or speed would probably do the trick. Increasing the time she takes to freeze people seems like it would make her all but useless.
    Because without that amount of health, EVERY healer would counter her with head shots while she's trying to freeze them. If they nerfed her health, they'd have to buff how fast she freezes to compensate. Rein can typically get 2 swings on her before she finishes freezing him, those 2 would kill her outright during the process. Before anyone says "Why is Mei freezing a tank!?" I have to say she's me of the best counters to a lot of tanks. Winston's Ult, shut down if he isn't that aware of has a bad jump, she's great for keeping Rein occupied a bit and getting his shield down during the freeze, Roadhog can't run off to heal back up, and D.Va stopped in her tracks if she doesn't have her boost. Obviously, this is when she's used really well for those things and have a team that's able to keep the enemy preoccupied, but that's also a strategy of the game I don't see people do too often in solo play: so many people just focus on what's in front of them and get flanked, or stay grouped up and never try to flank the enemy team with a good Mei/Tracer/Genji/McCree, then they are stunned and salty when they lose from getting flanked the whole match by the same guy/girl over and over.
    I've even been in some team games where my group are talking about HOW they are getting flanked, and keep ignoring it expecting someone else to, just to have me rage like "What the hell, I'm trying to cover the flank! I'm getting out played! This guy's a million times better than me!" Yet, not one of them is paying attention to the flank still and talking about how no one is watching it.

kek dealing with bae is really easy, kill her and you are done

A dangerous Mei in my book is the one that is good at splitting groups up or focusing on heroes she counters. I run into the latter more often for obvious reasons. in that case I often switch it up and fair better, but yeah a good one is a yuge pain in the ass.