Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thinking of buying a 3DS.

First of all, I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

This section was the closest thing I could find.

Now, I was thinking of buying the "New 3DS XL", I never had a handheld before.

Is it still relevant? are there good games still coming out on it?

I'm a fan of RPG games, so if there are any recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section or not good enough to be posted, but I could really use these tips.

Thanks in advance.

You could ask here-
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Suggest-a-Game!

Although for buying a brand new system, people seem to make threads asking instead in Video Game Discussion in general.

If you're getting the New 3DS, I'd suggest Xenoblade Chronicles, it's huge for a handheld game, but the graphics are a bit hard to look at until you get used to it honestly.
    Otherwise, there's Fire Emblem Awakening if you like strategy RPGs, and the more recent Fire Emblem Fates. (Awakening is better in my opinion though)

There's also Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask if you never played them by any chance or if you want to replay them (Adventure games rather than RPGs in terms of character growth though of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You could ask here-

Although for buying a brand new system, people seem to make threads asking instead in Video Game Discussion in general.

If you're getting the New 3DS, I'd suggest Xenoblade Chronicles, it's huge for a handheld game, but the graphics are a bit hard to look at until you get used to it honestly.
    Otherwise, there's Fire Emblem Awakening if you like strategy RPGs, and the more recent Fire Emblem Fates. (Awakening is better in my opinion though)

There's also Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask if you never played them by any chance or if you want to replay them (Adventure games rather than RPGs in terms of character growth though of course)
    Thanks for replying!

Xenoblade looks interesting, I don't mind the graphics. I'm 29 and have played much worse games graphics-wise.

I was thinking of Monster Hunter too, always liked the looks of it and was sad it doesn't exist for PC.

I did play Legend of Zelda games, but might get it too if it's much better on the 3DS!

My main concern for the 3DS is that it's a bit old, so I don't want to use so much money for it if there's a new thing coming out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuster View Post
    Thanks for replying!

Xenoblade looks interesting, I don't mind the graphics. I'm 29 and have played much worse games graphics-wise.

I was thinking of Monster Hunter too, always liked the looks of it and was sad it doesn't exist for PC.

I did play Legend of Zelda games, but might get it too if it's much better on the 3DS!

My main concern for the 3DS is that it's a bit old, so I don't want to use so much money for it if there's a new thing coming out soon.
    The only thing Nintendo has been discussing for a new thing coming out is the NX, which is suppose to be a home console, but unless they pull a fast one, the 3DS should be around for a while longer. Can't swear by that though.

And yes, Monster Hunter I meant to include too, there's a new one coming out this month which would be the perfect time to start if anything!

Also bravery second
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Also bravery second
    Might want to Bravely First though first

Also it seems the thread was moved to Video Game Discussion as a heads up.

The only thing Nintendo has been discussing for a new thing coming out is the NX, which is suppose to be a home console, but unless they pull a fast one, the 3DS should be around for a while longer. Can't swear by that though.

And yes, Monster Hunter I meant to include too, there's a new one coming out this month which would be the perfect time to start if anything!
    Ohh, then I should definitely get the new one!

And if that's true then I should buy it then! I'd just hate it if I throw 250$ just so they bring a new one right after.

But would still be great. I have long bus drives to work and I work evening shifts where sometimes there's not much to do.

The 3DS sounded perfect for that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Also bravery second
    Just saw a video of that and it looked cute, might get it too!

- - - Updated - - -

Might want to Bravely First though first

Also it seems the thread was moved to Video Game Discussion as a heads up.
    And I tried so hard having this in the right place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a look around 4chan/vg for a way to save lots of money on your 3ds

10+ Year Old Account
    Best you can get right now is New nintendo 3ds XL.

As for games i recomend:
    Steam world Heist
    Steam world Dig
    Pokemon X and Y
    Pokemon Omega ruby and Alfa saphore
    (new pokemon that come out soon)
    Fire emblem awakening and fates (play awakening 1.st,since there is some backstory from it in fates via dlc)
    Final Fantasy Explorers (grid game is you get bored, many classes to play with no penalty)
    Zelda Majora mask 3d (one part i hated was water controls tho)
    The legend of zelda -- Ocarina of time 3d (play this 1.st)
    Super mario 3D land
    Cube Creator 3d (pretty much a minecraft)
    Zelda - A link Betwen worlds
    Shantane and the pirates curse (maybe you could also try a game that was before it)
    Bravely default (MUST PLAY)
    Bravely second (also must play)

Right now i am playing Star wars the force awakens via it and its ..fun.

A few new games that are also coming and will probaly be good:
    Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (still gota try 1)
    Dragon Quest XI

Remakes: Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Dragon ball z rpg pretty much), Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past

Oh and avoid games like monster hunter. They are call of duty type of games.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Have a look around 4chan/vg for a way to save lots of money on your 3ds
    I'm not sure what that means..

On the original question, yes it's still relevant. No sign of nintendo bringing out any new handheld, other than rumours the NX (the new home console) will have a handheld component, but since we still know virtually nothing about the console we can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Best you can get right now is New nintendo 3ds XL.

As for games i recomend:
    Steam world Heist
    Steam world Dig
    Pokemon X and Y
    Pokemon Omega ruby and Alfa saphore
    (new pokemon that come out soon)
    Fire emblem awakening and fates (play awakening 1.st,since there is some backstory from it in fates via dlc)
    Final Fantasy Explorers (grid game is you get bored, many classes to play with no penalty)
    Zelda Majora mask 3d (one part i hated was water controls tho)
    The legend of zelda -- Ocarina of time 3d (play this 1.st)
    Super mario 3D land
    Cube Creator 3d (pretty much a minecraft)
    Zelda - A link Betwen worlds
    Shantane and the pirates curse (maybe you could also try a game that was before it)
    Bravely default (MUST PLAY)
    Bravely second (also must play)

Right now i am playing Star wars the force awakens via it and its ..fun.

A few new games that are also coming and will probaly be good:
    Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (still gota try 1)
    Dragon Quest XI

Remakes: Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Dragon ball z rpg pretty much), Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past

Oh and avoid games like monster hunter. They are call of duty type of games.
    Oh wow. Those are a lot of games. They are like 50$ each here though, I'll be playing my DS in the streets after I get kicked out my apartment for not paying rent!

Definitely want the Pokemon games though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    On the original question, yes it's still relevant. No sign of nintendo bringing out any new handheld, other than rumours the NX (the new home console) will have a handheld component, but since we still know virtually nothing about the console we can't be sure.
    Then I have nothing to worry about right now!

I only really wanted a thing that would let me play games outside my house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow. Those are a lot of games. They are like 50$ each here though, I'll be playing my DS in the streets after I get kicked out my apartment for not paying rent!

Definitely want the Pokemon games though.
    They last you longer that a normal Pc games this days. So worth the money.

Bravely default takes araund 120 hours if you do everything for example.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of list could be very interesting I think : http://www.gamefaqs.com/games/rankin...=0&min_votes=2

You definitely want a 3ds if you're a serious player or a collector, there's games you can't miss.

I'm not sure about the XL, since the screen is larger I heard it makes some games graphics worse because the image is stretched to fit the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They last you longer that a normal Pc games this days. So worth the money.

Bravely default takes araund 120 hours if you do everything for example.
    Seems like a lot of people mention Bravely games, should probably get that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    This kind of list could be very interesting I think

You definitely want a 3ds if you're a serious player or a collector, there's games you can't miss.

I'm not sure about the XL, since the screen is larger I heard it makes some games graphics worse because the image is stretched to fit the screen.
    Thanks for the list!

I haven't thought of the larger screen doing that, I hope it's not too noticeable.

Honestly I would. Some awesome games for it. Zelda, Smash, Pokemon, Bravely Default, Loads of Mario games and Rayman 3D. Sadly my old 2012 3DS died recently so replaced it with a 2DS which is ofc basically the same thing but no 3D. Never really used it on the 3DS so didn't see the point in buying another when the 2DS is cheaper
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-02 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly I would. Some awesome games for it. Zelda, Smash, Pokemon, Bravely Default, Loads of Mario games and Rayman 3D.
    Yeah, would totally go broke after this!

Yeah, would totally go broke after this!
    Rule 1 of buying games for it. Do it over time. First 2 I would recommend are Pokemon X/Y or the Ruby/Sapphire remakes and Zelda: A link between worlds. Also if you are into Dragon Quest then there is a remake of 8 supposedly coming to the NA/EU this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Rule 1 of buying games for it. Do it over time. First 2 I would recommend are Pokemon X/Y or the Ruby/Sapphire remakes and Zelda: A link between worlds. Also if you are into Dragon Quest then there is a remake of 8 supposedly coming to the NA/EU this year.
    Would definitely get Pokemon because I played most of the older ones and really want to see how far it got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Thanks for replying!

I bought one to play at work and I got 3 games so far I got Zelda 2 worlds which i am really enjoying it reminds me of zelda on the Super Nintendo. I got MH4 and I'm still trying to figure that one out, there is a lot going on and I'm not entirely sure whats going on. I also got an RPG that I haven't played yet. Right now I'm waiting on Pokemon Sun and Moon to come out then I will play them.