Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    But wait, aren't guns supposed to be locked and out of reach of children?
    You forgot this happened in the US.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    "call 911 works" in response to this scenario.

"not always"...proceed to post completely different scenarios that share nothing in common with the topic.

It'd be like someone saying "water is good for you!" and then saying "not always" and posting shit about people who drowned.

http://5newsonline.com/2016/04/06/li...home-invasion/

Is this good enough for you to agree the statement 911 works isn't true?
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2016-07-02 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    There's a lot of people very quick to start throwing racial insults around here.

Anyway, the kid took what he thought was his best option. Going a little Rambo chasing them off the property is about what you would expect from a teenage boy chock full of adrenaline after defending his home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Training your 11 year old to shoot, only in America.
    In a household with guns it's typically better to teach gun safety as early as possibly than to chance the consequences. I wouldn't hedge bets on just putting the gun in a place where the kid supposedly can't get them.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

You forgot this happened in the US.
    Even in the US keeping guns away from children is part of proper gun safety.

Another innocent black victim of white patriarchy?When will it stop?

Wait until BLM will hear about this!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    You know, that's great that everything worked out. But I'm getting tired of the one-sided stories.

So, in the last month, it looks like 2 or 3 cases where a gun was used to help someone.

During just the month of June in the US, we had:
    - 45 mass shootings (shootings where 4 or more people were injured or killed)*
    - 125 published incidents of accidental shootings culminating in 32 deaths and 93 injuries (not all published accidental shootings result in a death or injury)

But, by all means, keep pointing out the 1 to 3 times a month where a gun was actually used for a good purpose by a civilian.

* - Phoenix AZ, Fresno CA, Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA, Panorama City CA, Stockton CA, Visalia CA, Denver CO, Hartford CT, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, Cape Coral FL, Fort Walton Beach FL, Orlando FL, Atlanta GA, Dekalb County GA, Waycross GA, Chicago IL (6 incidents), Kansas City KS, Louisville KY, District Heights MD, Boston MA, Minneapolis MN, Webster MN, Las Vegas NV, Willingboro NJ, Roswell NM, Brooklyn NY (2 incidents), Charlotte NC (2 incidents), Woodburn OR, Marlboro SC, Corpus Christi TX, Fort Worth TX, Houston TX, Exmore VA, Norfolk VA, Roanoke VA, Lacey WA

That's an improvement, our talk seems to have borne fruit. The funny thing is, what would have happened had she not had a gun for them to steal from her, we'll never know.

Doesn't prove that calling 911 doesn't work though. Proves that some people shouldn't own guns lol, clearly she had no training with it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    In a household with guns it's typically better to teach gun safety as early as possibly than to chance the consequences. I wouldn't hedge bets on just putting the gun in a place where the kid supposedly can't get them.
    Lock the guns away better then, and keep the keys with you at all time. Don't write down the passcode etc..

I learned how to shoot as a reasonably early age. But you can be damn sure I had zero ability to use the firearm without my father around because not only was I not told where it even was until I was much older it was secured so I couldn't get at it.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a lot of people ignore it, though.

Kid did the right thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's an improvement, our talk seems to have borne fruit. The funny thing is, what would have happened had she not had a gun for them to steal from her, we'll never know.

Doesn't prove that calling 911 doesn't work though. Proves that some people shouldn't own guns lol, clearly she had no training with it.
    I mean I can provide many cases of people without guns being killed during home invasions. Those don't have 911 calls though.

Problem with 911 in America is response time average time is 10-11 minutes. I know in areas I live response times can be 30 minutes +

- - - Updated - - -

I have to ask. by keep away do you mean not teaching a child how to use a gun, or to keep it locked up?

The strawman is powerful here. Where did I say that exactly? Nowhere? Coooooool.

None of these are B&E's either lol. An insane neighbor and an ex husband with an axe to grind.

Goddamn bench team is up in here for the gun nuts crowd. Where's the starters?
    So thats it? just yell strawman at everything. You're pathetic, but the silliness of your posts on the forum always entertain.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Finding the once in a decade example where gun ownership fended off criminals (who might not have had any violent intentions) vs. 100 examples of mass shootings.

Not really once in a decade. The police are responsible gun owners that arrest, and put down violent criminals like Michael Brown all the time.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn bench team is up in here for the gun nuts crowd. Where's the starters?

Didn't really read this part of your post in the first reply. You should at least ask someones stance before just making blanket statement.

I''m not against gun control. I'm against outright banning guns.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I have to ask. by keep away do you mean not teaching a child how to use a gun, or to keep it locked up?
    Keeping it locked up

10+ Year Old Account
    Lock the guns away better then, and keep the keys with you at all time. Don't write down the passcode etc..
    I'd rather just not have a gun. But still, no reason to not teach safety just because you believe the kid shouldn't be able to get to it -- cover all edge cases you know.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Clearly this makes the mountains of dead kids meaningless.
    No, time and a glass of water does that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather just not have a gun. But still, no reason to not teach safety just because you believe the kid shouldn't be able to get to it -- cover all edge cases you know.
    Teaching a kid how to shoot people is very different from gun safety though.
    And if its a safe, how is the kid going to get it?