A few questions before buying

Good day

I had originally decided not to play legion, however it looks like BF1 might disappoint and the threat of additional dlc's enrage me, so I am reconsidering. I do however have a few concerns.

1. I have limited time to raid. How are the mythic dungeons shaping up in terms of being a viable end game? How does the gear between the raids and the mythic dungeons compare?

2. Can you cross-realm mythic dungeons in legion? Our friend group is currently split between two servers. Can we do mythic dungeons together even though we arent on the same server?

3. Im not liking the new holy paladin passive nor what they are doing to the disc priest which I used to play in Wod. Holy priest or resto shaman as new healer main?

Is it worth it in your opinion to return for legion?

Thank you in advance.

Deleted
    The main difference is that the warforged system is almost everywhere in the game so, there is still higher ilevel on the best raids, but 5mans of any type can go very high level (up to raiding level) with warforged.

I expect cross realm to work immediately for them (didn't it work already?).

Legion is probably the best expansion yet.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnar View Post
    Good day

I had originally decided not to play legion, however it looks like BF1 might disappoint and the threat of additional dlc's enrage me, so I am reconsidering. I do however have a few concerns.

1. I have limited time to raid. How are the mythic dungeons shaping up in terms of being a viable end game? How does the gear between the raids and the mythic dungeons compare?

2. Can you cross-realm mythic dungeons in legion? Our friend group is currently split between two servers. Can we do mythic dungeons together even though we arent on the same server?

3. Im not liking the new holy paladin passive nor what they are doing to the disc priest which I used to play in Wod. Holy priest or resto shaman as new healer main?

Is it worth it in your opinion to return for legion?

Thank you in advance.
    1. Mythic+ Dungeons will give high ilvl gear comparable to raiding depending on how good you are at clearing them.

2. You can Cross-Realm Mythics in Legion as you can now in WoD through Group Finder.

3. Holy Priest seems mid->strong all round, Resto Shaman will be good for Mythic+ dungeons since Deep Healing always comes in handy for fights with large intakes of damage which the affixes in Mythic+ and their constant rising levels will have.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The main difference is that the warforged system is almost everywhere in the game so, there is still higher ilevel on the best raids, but 5mans of any type can go very high level (up to raiding level) with warforged.

I expect cross realm to work immediately for them (didn't it work already?).

Legion is probably the best expansion yet.
    It's not just "Warforged" anymore, and yes, it is everywhere in game. Loot is now an "exploding roll" (if you're a tabletopper). All loot has a chance to go all the way up to "cap", which is said to eventually be ilvl 895. When you get a gear piece, the system rolls for Warforged (+5), then if successful rolls again for Titanforged (another +5), then rolls again if successful for ANOTHER +5, and so on until it fails or gets to cap.

I am perplexed how you can say Legion is the best expansion yet. There is no way Blizz will ever let the game get back to Lich King days without admitting they've since just gotten everything wrong.

Legion will initially be fun, but its when the newness has worn off that will be the test to see if people are gonna give WoW another chance (the newness has already gone for me and all I've played is the beta )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaster View Post
    It's not just "Warforged" anymore, and yes, it is everywhere in game. Loot is now an "exploding roll" (if you're a tabletopper). All loot has a chance to go all the way up to "cap", which is said to eventually be ilvl 895. When you get a gear piece, the system rolls for Warforged (+5), then if successful rolls again for Titanforged (another +5), then rolls again if successful for ANOTHER +5, and so on until it fails or gets to cap.
    Yes. I was pretty vague there. To say it more explicitly, what we knew as warforged is now strengthened, it is used almost everywhere, and it goes higher ilevel. Regarding 5mans one could further say challenge mode is replaced by harder mythics and they should probably have higher base ilevel at higher ranks.

I am perplexed how you can say Legion is the best expansion yet. There is no way Blizz will ever let the game get back to Lich King days without admitting they've since just gotten everything wrong.
    Because I played it for a while. The new world quest system is going to make a lot of people happy, mainly everyone that complained WoD didn't have things to do in the off-times. In fact we might get the opposite complain now sometimes because they almost never end.

The content in general seems great in amount and the quality is decent as always. In fact I get a sense I would want less content at the same time, but I probably misjudge it on the beta. Live will probably give some stuff more gradually.

I have a major complain about the expansion though. I find the gating of specs progression to be unnecessary and it creates more problems than it solves. If power and relics were given to all specs simultaneously it'd be better.
    Legion will initially be fun, but its when the newness has worn off that will be the test to see if people are gonna give WoW another chance (the newness has already gone for me and all I've played is the beta )
    I'm pretty sure I would complain about the Garrisons if saw them in beta (I wasn't around at the time). They isolate the player into a boring single player platform. The halls are more open world and less grindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnar View Post
    Good day

I had originally decided not to play legion, however it looks like BF1 might disappoint and the threat of additional dlc's enrage me
    I'm curious, why does it look like BF1 might disappoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    2. You can Cross-Realm Mythics in Legion as you can now in WoD through Group Finder.
    Wait, what? Really? Is it possible to link/refer to the blue/interview where they specifically said that Mythic raiding will be cross realm?

I was always under the impression that it will be the same as in WoD - You can raid Normal and Heroic cross realm, but must be on the same server for Mythic. Once a new tier comes out, Then you will be able to do the old Mythic raid content cross realm.

If they really are doing Mythic raiding on cross realm from the start of Legion, then that's amazing, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffie View Post
    Wait, what? Really? Is it possible to link/refer to the blue/interview where they specifically said that Mythic raiding will be cross realm?

I was always under the impression that it will be the same as in WoD - You can raid Normal and Heroic cross realm, but must be on the same server for Mythic. Once a new tier comes out, Then you will be able to do the old Mythic raid content cross realm.

If they really are doing Mythic raiding on cross realm from the start of Legion, then that's amazing, wow!
    I'm pretty sure he meant mythic(+) dungeons. Raids wont be cross realm in mythic as long as these raids are still current.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I'm curious, why does it look like BF1 might disappoint?
    Was about to ask the same, we've seen 1 map, a couple of basic guns, a couple of the first gadgets etc. And he says game will be disappointing. I guess people judge a book by its cover, or rather first 10 pages out of a 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Was about to ask the same, we've seen 1 map, a couple of basic guns, a couple of the first gadgets etc. And he says game will be disappointing. I guess people judge a book by its cover, or rather first 10 pages out of a 1000.
    Well I rate animes by their first episode and even earlier by their drawing style. If the drawing style suits me, I'll check the first episode, if I like it and gets me interested in the story, I keep watching it.

Metaphorically spoken, I could say the guns and gadgets are the drawing style and the map is the first episode. I can see why he thinks it might be a disappointment .

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffie View Post

The guy specifically asked about Mythic dungeons, not raiding.