Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard has to balance legion better than in the past

With the way artifacts work ( cannot easily switch between specs) the new longterm relevance of 5 mans, AND the fact that pve players can get a pretty good amt of gear from pvp if they work at it a little, blizzard needs to keep classes better balanced than ever before.

*an example* I dont want to get turned down for mythic+5 5 man, because theres a blood DK available 15 ilvs lower then me, but still much better in 5 mans than any other tank.

My pvp winrate will directly correlate to the gear i'm getting from it.

Do you have confidence that Bliz realizes this, and will work harder on tuning this exp?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Your winrate will correlate directly with your ability, not your gear.

Well, it's a bigger deal to reroll (Or just switch spec) in legion, under that perspective, yes.

Of course they should, but in reality that should have always been the case in my view, there was never an excuse for an over / underpowered spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the very top end of things spec matters but that's part of the territory for world first kills, mythic+ leader boards and high level pvp.

If you're just trying to run mythic+5 dungeon, any tank should be capable of running it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    At the very top end of things spec matters but that's part of the territory for world first kills, mythic+ leader boards and high level pvp.

If you're just trying to run mythic+5 dungeon, any tank should be capable of running it.
    Not particularly helpful, cms in wod every tank was 'capable' of running it, didn't stop groups from insisting on only blood dks cos they were simply miles better than other tanks.

OP, yes I agree, and I really hope blizzard makes more of an effort to keep stuff balanced. Having said that, not sure why they would suddenly be amazing at balancing when they have such a questionable record of it.
    Hopefully the fact that mythic+ doesnt scale you down like cms did will make balancing easier.

Deleted
    Legion has never been released in the past so they can not balance it better since it was never there.

if you mean balance the game better in legion than in previous expansions please communicate it clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    if you mean balance the game better in legion than in previous expansions please communicate it clearer.
    I think they said somewhere in an Q&A that they are paying some real attention to Class Balance due how the Artifact system works.

Though i would obviously take this with a grain of salt, because in my mind, that should be the goal for any expansion.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think they said somewhere in an Q&A that they are paying some real attention to Class Balance due how the Artifact system works.

Though i would obviously take this with a grain of salt, because in my mind, that should be the goal for any expansion.
    i would assume it means, its going to be easier to balance in Legion, with the artifact thingy and pve/pvp separate

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    Not particularly helpful, cms in wod every tank was 'capable' of running it, didn't stop groups from insisting on only blood dks cos they were simply miles better than other tanks.

OP, yes I agree, and I really hope blizzard makes more of an effort to keep stuff balanced. Having said that, not sure why they would suddenly be amazing at balancing when they have such a questionable record of it.
    Hopefully the fact that mythic+ doesnt scale you down like cms did will make balancing easier.
    They should have an easier time of balancing since theyve given themselves plenty more pvp specific "knobs" to tune in Legion. Whether or not theyll deliver on that remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i would assume it means, its going to be easier to balance in Legion, with the artifact thingy and pve/pvp separate
    They are balancing spells in PvP and PvE seperately already.

Lava Burst deals extra damage in PvP(they buffed that twice even), you are even completely unaware of that unless you read hotfixes and actually remember them.

So, personally i have no idea why this is such a big highlight, they've did this in the past, with the only excuse that they want to do this rarely because it might confuse people.

But back then, they had at least insight to highlight this in tooltips, in WoD a ton of changes are not highlighted in tooltips, especially when it comes to spells that deal less / more damage in PvP.

In Legion it's a similiar story, they said that Doomwinds (Enhancement trait) deals less damage in PvP, tooltips shares no information about this, unless you read up every single trait on a site such as wowhead or wowpedia, you remain clueless whether this trait / spell has its full effect in PvP.

But to get back on the actual topic, as long as Blizzard remains reluctant to use those tuning knobs, balancing will take a similiar way as in MoP / WoD, this whole thing about "new tuning knobs" is a bit overblown, the PvP talent system is a factor there but as said above, spells working different in PvP / PvE is nothing new.

My only hope is that they may start to have smaller gaps between balance patches, because this is in my mind a major blunder when comes to Class Balance, early into an expansion they hotfix a lot of OP shit and buff really weak specs, but once you reach mid expansion, you have to hope until the next patch (which can take months) to receive buff / nerfs.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-07-03 at 12:37 AM.

Despite throwing in all the world legendaries, Titanforged, RNG, artifacts, equal pvp gear into the mix, Watcher basically said that "it'd all balance out, trust us". After 10 years of imbalance I do not, in fact I am even more fearful than ever.

Don't worry in their current form Ret pallies won't be causing anyone any issues. It's balanced trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geso View Post
    Don't worry in their current form Ret pallies won't be causing anyone any issues. It's balanced trust me.
    *Snort* We don't cause issues. We become a non threat. ._.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    No it will not. Also if you know what you're doing as a tank you will be fine. Plus with Mythics needing groups to run you could easily run it with your friends.
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Variety and usefulness is more important than 'balance' aka homogenisation.

They have recently gone TOO far into balance/homogenisation and it needs to and I think is being reversed in Legion.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    No it will not. Also if you know what you're doing as a tank you will be fine. Plus with Mythics needing groups to run you could easily run it with your friends.
    I dont understand, you win more, you get more chances at better gear, yes?

to maybe clarify a bit, what I ment in the op is that if you are playing an overtuned character in pvp, you will win more, netting you more chances at better gear, is that not correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    They've been doing that for years now how's pvp been? Terrible lol they put a new coat of paint on the same old crap. They will be just as terrible at balance as always.

Always remember can do ≠ will do something. They always take forever when they do nerf something or they never do it all and buffing classes just for pvp they've only done that once ever.

Balance in pvp and pve will be the worst you've ever seen, why? Because class fantasy, not even kidding they are justifying so many things in pvp and pve by just saying class fantasy.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-07-03 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Variety and usefulness is more important than 'balance' aka homogenisation.

They have recently gone TOO far into balance/homogenisation and it needs to and I think is being reversed in Legion.
    Considering lots of spec and classes got castrated in terms of utility, i don't know what are you talking about in terms of usefulness.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Exactly a person with lower gear can pwn someone with higher gear due to the fact they know what their class/spec is capable off..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    Considering lots of spec and classes got castrated in terms of utility, i don't know what are you talking about in terms of usefulness.
    Well currently Shamans are a lot more fun to play with Enhance doing quite well..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    and your ability to read what he said will correlate directly to your intelligence.