Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I detest american exceptionalism and the arrogance and ignorance that follow up on it.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Inferiority complex.

/thread
    How? Considering the EU is much better than USA in an average manner, it's hard to believe that.

Well, I am european and I love you guys. (Not trump, though, trump is kind of idiot, sorry ) I like your country and your people, your amazing cities and wonderful countryside. But mostly I fucking envy your second ammendment gun ownership rights.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-03 at 05:41 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    American exceptionalism.
    If you think you can't be compared to anyone else, because you think you are special, than I think that's a problem.
    Not to mention that the US is propably the country that was invloved in more armed conflicts than any other nation in the last 200 years, while they are self proclaimed champions of freedom, peace and democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    ?

Most people that I've met from Europe in person
    yea right.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Our involvement in two world wars certainly helped to protect and maintain freedom around the world though did it not?
    in 1st world war us was completly usless from eu perspective and lol at 2nd world war that you didnt join until pearl harbor leting hitler roam over eu for couple of years taking one country after another in 2nd half of 30ties - wolrd's police lol and biggest reason us joined was cause they woke up and relasie that if they dont then ZSRR will stop on meditarinian sea and end up as competiton to us .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-07-03 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Pfff long answer incoming. Please read everything thru. And keep in mind this is how i feel about it. Not facts or anything like that.

Stigma : Yup there is one about "Americans" now a days.
    Politics: Yes this is one of the reasons. Your politicians ( mostly republicans) say in our view weird things. Sometimes even have criticism that is un-grounded and fact wise wrong. And the worst part is. Their are allot of you who believe in them. But its also weird that you talk about freedom, but still being gay etc is like a major sin.
    people: Nope, have family over "there" , friends etc. Not all Germans where nazi's, not all Muslims are in terrorist etc etc.
    Internet thing: Nope. I think the average internet-er is more fond of Americans then the people who do not read up on all the facts.

I think the major problem with american , why people hate them comes from a few things. ( what i experienced as visitor )

A): Your media. Allot of what we hear is from your media. Say newscast, blogs etc. Those things are not how to put it....politically unbiased, fact researching machines. And they tend to shine only 1 light from 1 perspective on the subjects.

B): In europa ( not everywhere in Europa), we are very liberal. American ( again how americans are seen you are not all like that, hell think 75% is not like that) are very Conservative, bigots.

C): Americans can come over as almighty, the best, the strongest etc. M'erica F yeah. While its usually untrue. Or over doing stuff.

Some personal ones:

C): Now adays you are either for or against you. I used to be able to talk to strangers about all kinds of subjects when i was at party's or just everywhere. About politics and stuff. But i have had some very bad experiences the last 2 times i was there. From own experience with for example BLM you are either against them for them. When i did not say the black people have it hard ( they have it but native american ( my family) have it harder from my opinion). Or was sitting in a park after a long walk. Someone noticed my accent, thought fun lets talk to European. Apparently you can not answer if you like Orange Trump with a simple NO. I am dutch and can be very direct ( a dutch thing). But i always tone my self down in America. But never got a reaction like that. He shouted if you do not like trump why are are here, go back to europa. Witch was very offensive seeing as i am 1/8 native american and was being yelled at by a very very white man....

D): Aggression, guns etc. I have a over to american i think.....22 times in my life. I have never seen this much guns in friends houses and sometimes in public. The answers to why they have them; because everyone has them, and what should i do if i am not able to defend my family. Seeing as everyone has one, everyone else needs 1 to protect themselves. Also directly towards me and friends i have seen more aggression. You bump into someone or something you say sorry and it was okay. Hell bought a ice cream for a kid my little nephew knocked over once. But i last time had like 4 "aggressive" encounters. For example: i bumped into someone in the grocery store . He was walking fast, and came around a corner and walked int to me. I kept my cool, but it took security to take him out of the store.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! This is mostly the country and the politicians. I also know ALLOT of normal people. Who i can disagree with. But still have fun. And i think this can be said about more country's now aday.
    Thank you for your insight, I really appreciate your viewpoints .

I think part of the "conservative bigoted" view you have is a little flawed however. I consider myself conservative and I believe in conservative values. I am a Christian. Does those two facts about myself automatically make me a bigoted asshole that one would automatically not like? I dont think so, or rather I don't think it should.

Is standing up for family values now considered bigoted? By the way, two of my family members are gay, and we don't treat them any differently than any other family member.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    We Germans must not be. We have kind of a history with Nationalism and so every German needs to be ashamed of themselves and people who openly show the flag even during football championships have to be prepared to be criticized.
    Complete nonsense, only yesterday all the streets were filled with people waving german flags everywhere, let alone the stadium in france. Nobody criticizes us for that.

Is standing up for family values now considered bigoted?
    Usually yes, and correctly.
    There's not frequently anything particularly noble or worth "protecting" (or rather, enforcing) about the "family values" most people refer to when they speak of such things.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-07-03 at 05:53 PM.

Thank you for your insight, I really appreciate your viewpoints .

I think part of the "conservative bigoted" view you have is a little flawed however. I consider myself conservative and I believe in conservative values. I am a Christian. Does those two facts about myself automatically make me a bigoted asshole that one would automatically not like? I dont think so, or rather I don't think it should.

Is standing up for family values now considered bigoted? By the way, two of my family members are gay, and we don't treat them any differently than any other family member.
    "Family values". Meaning a slave wife and two pure kids. I think putting so much emphasis on family values makes you stuck up. You take yourself too seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    How? Considering the EU is much better than USA in an average manner, it's hard to believe that.
    Better how? EU hasnt really accomplished anything after WW2 and we even have to protect you guys.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against Europe but lately it seems like you're like that special kid in the class, expecting A for effort and everyone to applaud them while doing something utterly stupid and unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    wanted to say 1 thing about about number 2: Kinda think we do after WW2. Just saying. And helping us not become 1 of the ussr pets. just saying..
    I saw no help coming from the almighty US when Russia attacked Finland twice during WW2. Thanks, but Finland owes Americans nothing for their own defense. Infact, they were even supplying Russia with what they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Truth is everybody hates numero uno. Playing an American game, on an American forum, while speaking English (you think you're speaking English right now because England?) is only the beginning. Add in the fact that the U.S. GDP is about the same as the entire E.U. Add in the fact that the full force of the U.S. military would create an inter-nesting hell realm on this planet. Add in the fact that the U.S. has nearly 3x the amount of Nobel Prizes as the next closest country...it goes on. Somebody will say something stupid about 13th in education or healthcare or sexual satisfaction blah blah blah. Just note that this week in my job I dealt with: Lebanese Christians, Somalians, Burmese, Mexicans, Saudis, Koreans...The U.S. is truly a melting pot of every creed and nationality, and we maintain that shit better than a lot of E.U. trash with 11m populations and 10.9 million white people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Better how? EU hasnt really accomplished anything after WW2 and we even have to protect you guys.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against Europe but lately it seems like you're like that special kid in the class, expecting A for effort and everyone to applaud them while doing something utterly stupid and unimpressive.
    Post in a nutshell on why Americans are always considered Ignorant and Arrogant.

What has America done between 1950 and now exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post

No. You don't have to protect us. You want to "protect us" because as an imperalistic nation it's what you strive for. To conquer. You've got loads of unnecessary bases in Europe for all i care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    Truth is everybody hates numero uno. Playing an American game, on an American forum, while speaking English (you think you're speaking English right now because England?) is only the beginning. Add in the fact that the U.S. GDP is about the same as the entire E.U. Add in the fact that the full force of the U.S. military would create an inter-nesting hell realm on this planet. Add in the fact that the U.S. has nearly 3x the amount of Nobel Prizes as the next closest country...it goes on. Somebody will say something stupid about 13th in education or healthcare or sexual satisfaction blah blah blah. Just note that this week in my job I dealt with: Lebanese Christians, Somalians, Burmese, Mexicans, Saudis, Koreans...The U.S. is truly a melting pot of every creed and nationality, and we maintain that shit better than a lot of E.U. trash with 11m populations and 10.9 million white people.
    The EU member states together have 1 billion GDP (18 vs 17) more than the US though, so that part is incorrect, makes you question the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    I detest american exceptionalism and the arrogance and ignorance that follow up on it.
    I guess maybe some ignorance comes from the fact that we don't normally have our eyes on the news of everyone else constantly. And if I understand correctly, Europeans constantly have very liberal leaning biased US news stations on all the time. You see into our politics (at least the left viewpoint) all the time, and most Americans could care less about what the Denmark prime minister said in a conference etc etc etc. We want to live our lives and focus on our families and our own national issues, and let other countries do the same, but it seems like everyone else can't keep their eyes off of us and worry about their own problems.

I think US entertainment also has a major draw and initiates interest in other American things, and naturally, politics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Post in a nutshell on why Americans are always considered Ignorant and Arrogant.

What has America done between 1950 and now exactly?
    Lots of wars in bunch of third world countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    I guess maybe some ignorance comes from the fact that we don't normally have our eyes on the news of everyone else constantly. And if I understand correctly, Europeans constantly have very liberal leaning biased US news stations on all the time. You see into our politics (at least the left viewpoint) all the time, and most Americans could care less about what the Denmark prime minister said in a conference etc etc etc. We want to live our lives and focus on our families and our own national issues, and let other countries do the same, but it seems like everyone else can't keep their eyes off of us and worry about their own problems.

I think US entertainment also has a major draw and initiates interest in other American things, and naturally, politics.
    America Worms it's way into everything, putting the finger in every Pie.

it's why you lost so many wars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Lots of wars in bunch of third world countries.
    Meanwhile Europe landed a probe on an asteroid.

We can do tons of these willfully ignorant bashing statements where we forget what countries did what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Usually yes, and correctly.
    There's not frequently anything particularly noble or worth "protecting" (or rather, enforcing) about the "family values" most people refer to when they speak of such things.
    So raising a family to be kind to other people, work hard, get an education, and be a productive member of society are bigoted? I know you dont believe this, and you more refer to the Christian belief of man and wife only. I dont think it's bigoted to have this belief. But that's another topic entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    "Family values". Meaning a slave wife and two pure kids. I think putting so much emphasis on family values makes you stuck up. You take yourself too seriously.
    Yep. Slave wife is exactly what I was referring to.

Sarcasm obviously. But your statement is a perfect example of ignorance and intolerance.

Deleted
    It is mostly Political. When you got people like Bush, labelling France, Germany as Allies of "the axis of evil" because they did not join the Coalition in Iraq. You get backlash.
    Same can be said about when any American Politician talks about a country and gets everything wrong.

The American people can be kind, mean, arrogant, silly, stupid, intelligent and everything else. Because unlike popular perception. People of a country are not a hivemind. You can meet one person and become Friends fast, and meet another, who you wish would just go away.