Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I know that the general stigma that many Europeans have for the United States is a negative one, but may I ask is it more of a dislike of American politics / politicans, rather than the people themselves? Or is the general distain for the US more of an Internet thing?

Or do many Europeans just flat out not like Americans?

Most people that I've met from Europe in person have been really cool and personally I've liked everyone I've met.

I'm genuinely curious as I'm not from Europe, but I can't help but feel like there is a bit of a rift there.
    i have nothing against americans, i love holidaying in the US, on the PTR i tried out ret, and a nice guy on a US server was somehow linked with the brill-eu server i tested, and he asked me: 'how do you know english if you're from the EU servers?' :/ i had to try not to laugh, apparently brits must've vanished from the face off the earth when he wrote that question, who knows!

more specifically? just narrow minded and obnoxious people, if its outside of the US, most americans are uneducated outside their little bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    I'd say the soviets are the main reason that the Nazis lost, then again i'm certainly no expert in modern history.
    Shame that they allied with Hitler for two years. Soviets did it to save themselves not to help anyone

Deleted
    There is no distinguishing american people or politicians from the USA as a whole.
    Remember: No need to better yourself, give yourself to the whole. You are america, you are number one.

Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    Shame that they allied with Hitler for two years. Soviets did it to save themselves not to help anyone
    Yes, completely opposite to the USA. You are not the heroes, you didn't want to rescue the jews, you wanted to save your own interests.
    But your educationsystem tells you that you have always been the righteous heroes, be it about the Independance, your civil war or the fight against communism. Just imagine, russian children "know" that you are evil just as you "know" that they are.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-07-03 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    What I will say is Americans are terrible at flirting online with in my experience -

People need to travel more.

Europeans think of Americans the same amount a typical American thinks of them.

They don't.

They don't get upset until you come there and start acting like they need to adapt to accommodate you. Kinda like how we feel when an immigrant comes here and expects our culture to shift to accommodate them.

Only ignorant people think there is some kinda beef between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    Truth is everybody hates numero uno. Playing an American game, on an American forum, while speaking English (you think you're speaking English right now because England?)
    yes we do - and the fact that you think otherwise shows how bad education level in US is - english is spoken world wide thanks to colonial politics of great britian in 18 and 19th century and how widely spread their colonies were all over the world including oh boy one of their former colonies nowadays called US ^^ if not england you could have been speaking french or dutch right now if they invested more resources into colonies in north america ^^
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-07-03 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    There is no distinguishing american people or politicians from the USA as a whole.
    Remember: No need to better yourself, give yourself to the whole. You are america, you are number one.

Yes, completely opposite to the USA. You are not the heroes, you didn't want to rescue the jews, you wanted to save your own interests.
    But your educationsystem tells you that you have always been the righteous heroes, be it about the Independance, your civil war or the fight against communism. Just imagine, russian children "know" that you are evil just as you "know" that they are.
    I 'know' that russian children are evil do I? I pity Russian children

You're not a threat to me, your country should spend more time repairing itself than trying to fight with someone much bigger than you.

Deleted

You're not a threat to me, your country should spend more time repairing itself than trying to fight with someone much bigger than you.
    That's another problem, when I say you I mean "you". You americans.
    Just as you addressed me as "the russians". Or are you actually saying that I, one person at the other end of the world who doesn't even know who and where you are, is no threat to you?

And why do you think I am a russian? Have I told you to uninstall the game and kill yourself or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    That's another problem, when I say you I mean "you". You americans.
    Just as you addressed me as "the russians". Or are you actually saying that I, one person at the other end of the world who doesn't even know who and where you are, is no threat to you?
    Im saying your country is no threat to me.

Deleted
    Im saying your country is no threat to me.
    That was clear from the start but why do you assume that when I say "you" it means you as an individual but when you say "you" it's an entire country?

"trying to fight with someone much bigger than you." us bigger then russia ? ok so you clearly need lessons not only in history but in geography too lol. again perfect example of bad education.

also why do you pity them ? a lot of children in russia liveo n much higher level then a lot of children in america in poor post industrial cities. (like Detroit for example )
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-07-03 at 07:41 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sherenei View Post
    The dumbest are the loudest, sadly.
    But yeah, i've also met wonderful people from the USA.
    There are some in this thread.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    this will end in heavy nation bashing, i guarantee it.

Formerly known as Arafal

We dislike you for the same reason we collectively dislike the French.
    Or the Germans.
    Or the...
    Disliking stuff is our way of life. The US is just too visible, big and influential for her to go noticed in our universal dislike scheme.

Alternatively, the US is the great globalizing power. Churning European cultures and producing stuff that seems fake from this side of the world. Take food: you have cheese, pizza, and bread, which is not cheese, not pizza and not bread by our standards. We, of course, do the same with other cultures, but we don't seem to care. Simultaneously here we consume your cultural products (like movies) like there's no tomorrow but complain it displaces our stuff.

When presented with individuals, you're just people in pursuit for happiness just like us. So meh.
    Oh, and you have some vocal imbeciles. But we do too. Double meh.

Politics. Just the way things are handled in america. Seriously, I'm scared that I'll have to move to US some day.

Deleted
    I know that the general stigma that many Europeans have for the United States is a negative one, but may I ask is it more of a dislike of American politics / politicans, rather than the people themselves? Or is the general distain for the US more of an Internet thing?
    Smale things like the tax is added on after the price, tip culture, lawsuit-system add up to negative view, things like imprison people without trial make me despise it.

But I have not met a unpleasant american yet, but I guess it helpe if you are a polite white money spending tourist So no we (Europeans) do not dislice American individuals, but the American system....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    We dislike you for the same reason we collectively dislike the French.
    Or the Germans.
    Or the...
    Disliking stuff is our way of life. The US is just too visible, big and influential for her to go noticed in our universal dislike scheme.

Alternatively, the US is the great globalizing power. Churning European cultures and producing stuff that seems fake from this side of the world. Take food: you have cheese, pizza, and bread, which is not cheese, not pizza and not bread by our standards. We, of course, do the same with other cultures, but we don't seem to care. Simultaneously here we consume your cultural products (like movies) like there's no tomorrow but complain it displaces our stuff.

When presented with individuals, you're just people in pursuit for happiness just like us. So meh.
    Oh, and you have some vocal imbeciles. But we do too. Double meh.
    Most of ours go into politics.

Politics aside, the national pride that some Americans exhibit is strange given the colossal problems that the country has. From a US perspective the equivalent would be like seeing Russians cheering for their country despite it's recent questionable action.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    Politics aside, the national pride that some Americans exhibit is strange given the colossal problems that the country has. From a US perspective the equivalent would be like seeing Russians cheering for their country despite it's recent questionable action.
    Or like the germans yelling "Yeah, Genocide!"

Deleted

Or do many Europeans just flat out not like Americans?

Most people that I've met from Europe in person have been really cool and personally I've liked everyone I've met.

I'm genuinely curious as I'm not from Europe, but I can't help but feel like there is a bit of a rift there.
    For me it mostly is the international politics after Bill Clinton. Before that there was a moral high ground status on the western world that kept other nations also more moral.
    But America leaving/disregarding international court (so that America and soldiers could avoid being sued for war crimes) and then also revealing the shady geopolitical shit they've been doing and the false premises of Irak really tarnished their reputation. Not wanting to sign green energy accords also didn’t help.
    This really created a loss of morality and a non teamplayer. They basically lost their moral high ground and because western Europe let them get away with it we’re losing it as well.
    What I really noticed is as America and Europe started losing their moral high ground, Rusia and Turkey started acting up, being more defiant, including towards their own people.

As for American people, there are somethings, but television might also show the worst of American people. What I did notice in the entertainment that mainly came out of America went from idolizing more Captain America vibe (virtues, noble etc) to more trucker wolverine style. And this isn’t just in their entertainment but also in lifestyle.
    But this metaphor might be highly influenced by the game World of Warcraft :P.

Culture style I notice Americans are talking much more about politics, are more about setting up labeled groups (jocks, emo's etc) and the exaggeration compared to netherlands. I also think that the current political climate in america is creating stupid reasoning’s in people that make them look bad. This is on both sides.
    The dominant view republican GoP are painting is not what I think old school republicans are, but when you look at conversations it does seems they are defending GoP views.
    I think normal republicans tend to be more traditionalist and are more principaled on how you address a problem while Democrats care less about how and more about the actual effect your policy has on the problem.

What I also realised in the past 5 years is how big of an influence America has on EU culture and policy. Really they should start giving America faction in games a cultural bonuses (cmon civilization :P).